UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)
www.ucsf.edu San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) Clinical Research Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) in September 2010.

Interview Details – The total hiring process took 3 months, from when I was first contacted with a phone interview until my first day working. Basically I was contacted by a department lead after submitting my resume online at UCSF careers portal, and then a week later I had a phone interview. After passing that, I came in for an in-person interview, and met with roughly 8 people over two teams. After the 4 hours or so, about 3 weeks later I heard back saying that they wanted me.

Interview Question – None really -- they're all simple interview questions. Probably the only one that stuck out was "Describe yourself in 3 words" -- I chose "very curious learner" at the drop of a hat.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none -- UCSF will not negotiate for this position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco).

Interview Details – Initial communication was good - and the inital interview occurred quickly. The first interview was with 2 individuals (research manager and lead clinical research coordinator). It lasted just over one hour. The research manager described the team and what they do, so it was mostly the manager talking. I spoke a little about myself. The lead research coordinator asked a series of structured questions. She was very rigid with these questions and wrote while I spoke.

About 1-2 weeks later I returned for a second interview with one of the prinicipal investigators running the research unit. This interview required me to speak a little about myself and my long term goals. We spoke mainly about opportunities and how this job could help advance my career.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you could not meet a deadline. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was minimal negotiation and flexibility with salary.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)

Worked for UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) Clinical Research Coordinator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) employees and interview candidates.