UDR Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UDR in July 2014.

I think this was an overall quick and very good interview and hiring process. UDR does look for individuals with leasing experience . The process to start working in the office took about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions
    • What is your closing ratio or percentage?   View Answer

Maintenance Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UDR.

phone interview and personal interview

They offered 17.00 an hour and I countered with 21.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UDR in April 2014.

What are your weaknesses and how would you help fix a tenants dissatisfaction?

Interview Questions
    • How do you overcome outdated appliances and describe a work day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UDR.

Be ready for a lengthy and often redundant hiring process. You will get several calls for appointments, wait for a while after showing up and then grilled by a defensive female or gay male. Nothing against gay people, but professionalism should exist at all times.

No negotiation really.

Business Analyst-Utilities Interview

One phone call with recruiter, one interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Came out of "like" industry and role so the interview was a dialogue with no unexpected questions   Answer Question
    it was more $$ than prior position so no negotiation on salary

Community Director Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at UDR in December 2013.

Met off site with DM Was not asked a lot of questions by that person although was by recruiter and DM's boss. Did not have good feeling from this interview as I could tell at that time the DM was not very personable. I did not trust my gut instincts at the time as well as what had been shared with me prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I really did not have any unexpected questions as was asked very few in the actual interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UDR.

Recruiter called, pretty simple interview, set up in person interview on the property. Interviewed with the community director, then was called back in to interview one more time with the district manager. Everyone was so nice, and beautiful. For the most part, if you interview with UDR, just make sure to smile and act personable. But I'm a guy, so this may have helped (since 80% of the people who work here are women).

The manager called me ahead of time to make a counteroffer to the recruiter when they inevitably would call me LOL. I did, so they can definitely work with you.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UDR in June 2013.

Interview lasted about a half hour, the interviewer asked good questions, and it was a friendly atmosphere. They did take two weeks to get back to me with an offer, and the position originally was part time with no benefits, but they figured out a way to make it full time with benefits, but overall a great experience with them.

Interview Questions

Site was too far away from where I lived

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UDR in April 2013.

Great process, extremely organized and professional. I spoke with the HR manager in a more conversational-type interview that lasted approximately an hour. We spoke generally about the industry and the company and what my interests were.I then interviewed with a Finance manager which lasted 30-45 minutes. Questions mainly focused on my skills, my interests, why UDR, my interests and expertise that would be valuable to the company. Lastly I interviewed with two more executives from Operations, the department I had said I was interested in and also Acquisitions. A little more specific questions, drilling down on my experiences and how they benefited UDR as well as what I wanted to get out of the internship.Very smooth process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UDR in March 2013.

I was able to get the interview through a friend who worked there. I emailed him a PDF cover letter and resume and he forwarded it to the hiring manager. I received an email a few days later from the hiring manager asking for an interview.

He was very nice, we were of similar ages/background and had a mutual friend/coworker so we were able to talk a bit. Asked traditional interview questions and went over the job. I actually met with someone equally pleasant immediately afterwards and was supposed to meet a third but they could not be found.

The manager said he would email me within 2 weeks. In the end I didn't get it because I didn't have enough experience in that market (I just moved there a couple days earlier) but that he would keep everything on file. Disappointed but glad he got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all traditional "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "What is your biggest weakness?" type questions.   Answer Question