UDR Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UDR (Towson, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone screening, then called for in person interview, then follow decision is made. Interview process with screening, background check and drug screening took a total of two- three weeks. Phone interview is done with regional HR manager, then brought in to do a face to face interview with Community Managers.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure in customer service?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UDR.

Interview

Took 2 days, not impressed with the interview process at all. Manager took me for a fool. Lied, ego present and insulted me by considering I apply for other companies. Her reaction once she realized I am aware was priceless. Seriously underestimated me.Interview took 45 mins and was very simple.

Interview Questions

• Who are your 2 favorite supervisors from your past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UDR (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I think this was an overall quick and very good interview and hiring process. UDR does look for individuals with leasing experience . The process to start working in the office took about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• What is your closing ratio or percentage?   1 Answer

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UDR (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was informed of the job in person. Lived in the community already and told the current property manager I working for another company close by. she asked me a few question up front and then set an interview up for me the next day with the regional hiring manager. I was interviewed by her and called back that same day with a offer. I started my new job in 7 days.

Interview Questions

• What is your closing ratio ?   1 Answer

Maintenance Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UDR.

Interview

phone interview and personal interview

Negotiation

They offered 17.00 an hour and I countered with 21.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UDR (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

What are your weaknesses and how would you help fix a tenants dissatisfaction?

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome outdated appliances and describe a work day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UDR (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Be ready for a lengthy and often redundant hiring process. You will get several calls for appointments, wait for a while after showing up and then grilled by a defensive female or gay male. Nothing against gay people, but professionalism should exist at all times.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really.

Business Analyst-Utilities Interview

Interview

One phone call with recruiter, one interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Came out of "like" industry and role so the interview was a dialogue with no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was more $$ than prior position so no negotiation on salary

Community Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at UDR in December 2013.

Interview

Met off site with DM Was not asked a lot of questions by that person although was by recruiter and DM's boss. Did not have good feeling from this interview as I could tell at that time the DM was not very personable. I did not trust my gut instincts at the time as well as what had been shared with me prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• I really did not have any unexpected questions as was asked very few in the actual interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UDR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Recruiter called, pretty simple interview, set up in person interview on the property. Interviewed with the community director, then was called back in to interview one more time with the district manager. Everyone was so nice, and beautiful. For the most part, if you interview with UDR, just make sure to smile and act personable. But I'm a guy, so this may have helped (since 80% of the people who work here are women).

Negotiation

The manager called me ahead of time to make a counteroffer to the recruiter when they inevitably would call me LOL. I did, so they can definitely work with you.