UDR

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UDR in April 2014.

Interview Details – What are your weaknesses and how would you help fix a tenants dissatisfaction?

Interview Question – How do you overcome outdated appliances and describe a work day?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UDR.

Interview Details – Be ready for a lengthy and often redundant hiring process. You will get several calls for appointments, wait for a while after showing up and then grilled by a defensive female or gay male. Nothing against gay people, but professionalism should exist at all times.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really.

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UDR in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview lasted about a half hour, the interviewer asked good questions, and it was a friendly atmosphere. They did take two weeks to get back to me with an offer, and the position originally was part time with no benefits, but they figured out a way to make it full time with benefits, but overall a great experience with them.

Interview Question – How does your previous job experience relate to this?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Site was too far away from where I lived

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UDR.

Interview Details – Managers really focus on asking you those questions about what you can bring to the position. They focus a lot on figuring out how much you can really bring and how little they will need to train you. Good thing I knew a lot, because I didn't receive any direct training after being hired. They will usually ask you to give them a tour of the property just to see if you're quick on your feet.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses? The most cliche question ever and is hard in any job position or interview. Just be honest and say, "I think I'm pretty well-rounded, but I can always get better, I'm sure." Worst case scenario is that you'll get a laugh with the cliche answer to the cliche question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No frills, but it was to the point and non-negotiable.

Worked for UDR? Contribute to the Community!