UEI

Updated Jul 1, 2014
Updated Jul 1, 2014

2.9

Assistant Registrar Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UEI.

One in-person interview before they made a decision. Was called by HR within 2 weeks of submitting my resume, met with the director of education. It was a friendly interview, no pressure or hardball questions.

Interview Questions
    • None really, if you are prepared for the usual, i.e. "describe a situation where you dealt with conflict in the workplace."   Answer Question
    No negotiation for this entry level, although if you move up there is room for it.

Career Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UEI.

went to their website to apply. Was called in for an interview by Director of career Services. He interviewed me first then I came back for a second interview with the College president and then he brought in the regional director who happened to be visiting who did my final interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Needed to give many examples of how I helped students, handles stressful situations, being under pressure, and my communication skills. My relevant experience is what they honed in on asking how I handled students and their grievances and my strategies in getting students hired and getting employers to hire them.   Answer Question
    As this was a new position for me, when i was asked about my pay I asked the question right back and said what is the range for this position as I did not know. He stated the range and I said I as fine with that range. I did not want to throw out a number and get disqualified or have them low ball me.

Substitute Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UEI in May 2012.

The interview process is a joke. I interviewed with the Associate Director of Education, and that was the most informal interview ever. I was then asked to come back for a second interview, which was a teaching presentation in front of two other instructors. I was never called for 3rd interview which was promised, and they have conducted a background investigation, yet have not called to make an offer or to tell me that I did not get the position. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

UEI Boa Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UEI in April 2012.

Interview 10-15 mins
    Mock Lecture: you do a lecture to a group of students and/or faculty; the main goal is to demonstrate presentation skills and audience engagement.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the demographics of a UEI student is in Hungtinton Park?   View Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UEI in January 2012.

unprofessional and I was actually not considered, but with my persistence and company understanding (built a portfolio) allowed me a chance.

Interview Questions
    none, either take it or not

Financial Planning Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at UEI in September 2011.

UEI called a week before to schedule an interview with me for the Financial Planning position. Basically, the interviewer along with her associate asked me about 20 in-depth financial aid questions, really quizzing me on the details. Although I answered all of the questions correctly, I did find out at the end of the interview that they had been interviewing for several weeks to fill just ONE , yes ONE position. So, basically I knew at that point that my chances were slim because that opens the door for superficiality when you're quizzing that many applicants to fill 1 spot.

At this point, we must all accept that in this economy the employer treats 1 job opening as a pageant of sorts..pageant of unemployed freaks if you will...trying to see who will suck up or beg for the job the most and choose 1 pathetic soul for the honorable PAPER pusher role. Don't worry, I'm not bitter...

Based on what I've seen on this site, don't go if asked because you may just be wasting your time as it seems customary that this company overinterviews based on how few openings are available.

Interview Questions
    • didnt really have any unexpected question, just be prepared to discuss anything financial aid related in depth and to actually bring in real-lie experiences of how you handled certain things, i.e. verification, c-codes, etc.   Answer Question

Career Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UEI in August 2011.

My interview experience along with the 100+ individuals who interviewed was absolutely horrible!!! Unfortunately UEI College preys on unemployed individuals desperate for work. Imagine being brutally interviewed by 4 people in front of 100+ candidates and told that you must “sell yourself”. This went on for 3 days!!! Stay Away!!

Interview Questions
    • The interview was conducted by 4 UEI College employees. They had a group of 100+ candidates being interviewed in front of each other. That right there was the most insane interview process I've ever been through!!! All the questions were ridiculous!!!   View Answer

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UEI in June 2011.

The interview was somewhat unorganized. I felt the interview was rushed and not well presented. While I didn’t see any red flags, there were a few warning signs about how the position was described in the job description and what it actually is. I interview on a Wednesday and the position “had to be filled by that Friday”.
    I feel sorry for the poor soul who takes the job thinking it’s one thing, but then turns out to be some totally different.

Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at UEI in March 2010.

Brief interview process, explanation of experience and education and i was in...

Interview Questions
    employees are underpaid!!! at least in the FA office...do not take less then 18/hr if you have experience

Career Services Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UEI in August 2011.

I was invited to a group interview. Open ended questions were involved as well as public speaking skills assessed. I was then called back to a second group interview that was $ paid$ and took two days. After discussing the culture, direction, and school philosophy I was ready and eager to begin working at the college. It was a lengthy process, a lot of competition, you basically had to sell yourself over and over again. Not bad if you enjoy sales, which I do. I got offered the position and accepted. All I can say is that the environment is pretty hostile because of high turnover and IT is a sales position. Numbers are all that matter. The employees that have been there for a while become very disencouraged and so do the grads. Because they consistely fire people, you cant build relationships with people that you will not see in the near future. The operation needs more organization and time to develop and sharpen skills.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. If you are not ready to work, don't apply.