UFCW International

Interviews for Top Jobs at UFCW International

Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UFCW International.

The interview process was feeble and seemed over simplified for what they were looking for in an organizer. Their interviewer seemed distracted and rushed yet asked a lot of questions that did not seem relevant to the job. It seemed that I needed to bring life to the interview as the interviewer was just kind of there. No emotion. No interest. It was a bit uncomfortable but when I livened up the interview, or attempted to anyway, it was better but still not good. I did leave wondering how this person got heir job and how they ended up getting promoted to a position that gave them the power, if you will, to make hiring recommendations. I am assuming that his person did not do the hiring as the offer came from someone other than the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • If you knew you had just a year to live, what would be your perfect job?   View Answer

I didn't feel like the opportunity to advance was part of the deal and I got the impression that the interviewer almost expected that when they hire someone they don't expect them to stay very long. It was an odd interview.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UFCW International.

I spent time and went through the first the recruiting process, and then the interview process. It was a good experience overall.

One of the questions I like to ask in an interview is what are the challenges with the role. Based on the answer I received and the direction the company took I think they will continue to have the problems they described.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had dealt with employees who have used FMLA before. I have and I answered yes. They wanted more specifics about how we dealt with it and how it made me feel. They then shared they have a lot of employees utilizing it. This told me two things, A) they have constant staffing challenges, and B) Abuse of FMLA means your workplace is not a desired one. Made me very cautious.   Answer Question