UGL Services Interview Questions

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UGL Services in January 2011.

Once i was able to get a hold of someone the employees i met with were good. Very corporate although. Tried very hard to fit employees into a box. Management very hard time to make a decision and pay is structured on last 3 years of w-2's . Lots of confidentiality and employment agreements not too onerous.

Interview Questions
    They were very formulaic - salary based on previous earnings not necessarily on potential. Felt more like a piece of meat not an asset - very off-putting,

Quality, & Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) Manager/Facility Manager @ Genentech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at UGL Services in April 2011.

I applied on-line for a Facilities Manager position but they wanted to interview me for the Quality HSE Manager instead. This was at Genentech SSF site where they were just setting up a team for the newly won facilities services account. In total I had 1 HR phone interview, a panel phone interview and 2 -1:1 interviews on 2 different days.

I had a brief first call interview with the HR guy who was calling me from Texas. We scheduled a panel phone interview for the next day. There were 2-3 hiring group people plus the HR guy on the conference call with me. They had pointed questions about my safety background and safety/facilities SOP writing experience, some questions about experiences directly from my resume.

Later that same day the HR guy called to set up a face to face interview. for 2-3 days later. That 1st interview was detailed and precise, all about the position. I don't recall any behavioral questions.

The 2nd 1:1 was scheduled again by the HR guy in Texas. for the following week. I would be meeting with 1-2 UGL people and maybe a Genentech safety person. Some schedules got crossed because I only met with one UGL guy and others were not available. The interview was again very much about the position and my experience related to it.

All of the UGL people were very friendly and welcoming. They really made me feel comfortable. I sent thank you letters to both interviewers. When a week went by and I heard nothing from the HR guy, I began the follow-up process. I left 2 voice mails for the HR guy and sent him an email, asking for--at least-- interview feedback if they ended up going with another candidate. Never got a response. I sent the same request to the safety hiring manager, interviewer #2, and he responded right away saying they chose another candidate with more safety and Genentech experience.

The total non-response from the HR guy after the fact did seemed unprofessional and knocked my image of the company down a couple of notches but the whole experience was positive enough that i would do it again if another position came up.

Interview Questions
    • detailed questions about safety based SOP writing, CalOSHA, EPA, regulatory issues, SAP, my equipment calibration system I had set up for a previous employer.   Answer Question

Transaction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UGL Services in August 2010.

Sent e-mail to HR. Interviewed approximately 4 weeks later. I was told by the interviewer / hiring manager that I (and 4 others) had been shortlisted from over 100 candidates. Interview went very well as the hiring manager and I had previously worked for the same company (different states - didn't know each other) and I felt there was a common respect for our work experience with that company. I demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the position with very positive feedback from hiring manager. Leaving the interview I felt I would definitely get an offer. The hiring manager never responded to me despite sending a thank you e-mail, 2 subsequent status request e-mails, a voicemail on the hiring manager's direct line and cell phone. I understand not responding to everyone who submits a resume, and maybe even not responding to everyone who is actually interviewed. But if someone who has been shortlisted and personally interviewed is persistent and tries to follow-up for a status 4 times over 4 weeks, I think a response is warranted. How hard is it to respond to an e-mail and say "We went with somebody else, good luck."? No response at all is extremely unprofessional for such a large, global organization. They need to teach their employees some basic HR interview etiquette.

Interview Questions
    • No real "situational" type questions. Just basic probing as to work experience and specific job functions. Spoke at great length regarding duties of position, structure of company and requirements of client.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UGL Services in July 2009.

I applied online on career builder or something. Very basic first interview. I believe they just want to get a feel if your the right fit. Job is pretty much cold calling the first few months until you build your relationships. They are looking for people who are good at selling. Its good if you want to stay in your area for a long time. It seems like the company started going downhill a few years back since all the broker awards on their wall were from before 2005.

Worked for UGL Services? Contribute to the Community!