UHY Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.2

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UHY Advisors.

I applied through college career website, attended the campus career fair, interviewed on campus and final in office interview. In office interview included a group of candidates attending company presentation, lunch, and meeting other firm members.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple conversation. Tell me about a time you worked in a group and a member was not pulling their weight...   Answer Question

Very hard decision, still could have went either way. Chose another firm based on location.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UHY Advisors.

I was interviewed by a partner. He was very positive and friendly. I was asked to walk him through my resume. I was told that I will be invited for an office visit at the end of the interview.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UHY Advisors in September 2014.

I contacted the experienced hire recruiter through email. She scheduled a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very basic with recruiter just going through my resume. Then I was scheduled for another two interviews over the phone by a principal and a partner. This time it was more specific to my experience. Both of them asked what did I do at my position with the previous employer. It was fairly very easy and the partners were very easy to talk to. Next I was called for an interview to the office. This time first I was interviewed by one partner and two senior managers. Each interview was held separately. The partner just asked behavioral questions as in what I liked to do and regular stuff. I was shocked that the questions were so easy. It didn't feel that I was sitting for an interview. The first senior manager asked me about my job role at my previous work place. The second senior manager asked me about my long term goals and expectations from the firm. Overall it was very easy. Finally, I was taken out for lunch with one partner and two seniors. Over lunch we just had a causal conversation. After that, I came back home. It was fairly very easy. I was notified and extended an offer by the recruiter within three days. I was quite surprised on the whole recruitment process to be so quick.

Sign-on bonus were offered with the base annual salary.

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

There were three interviews in total. One of the managers referred to my age by asking if it was all right with me to be working under people who are younger than myself. I think it is illegal to ask this kind of question.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UHY Advisors in April 2014.

I applied through school's career website, and got an on campus interview. It was a very casual interview. We just talked about things on my resume and the interviewer was telling me something about the firm and the program. But its competitive because they were choosing only 10 people among 3 schools in nyc.

Tax Staff Interview

Simple Interview process

Interview Questions
    • Each question is quite simple. Nothing much on your resume.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UHY Advisors in June 2013.

The hiring process is relatively simple. You will interview with two-three managers or partners. The interview is more conversational, and they're trying to get to know you more as a person than a resume. Very laid back.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UHY Advisors in September 2012.

I was contacted by the HR director, but she was not present in the interview. I met with the Managing Director, another administrative assistant and a junior member of the HR team. I was really surprised that no substantial questions were asked. More time was spent on exchanging a piece of paper with salary figures on it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I felt I was in the hands of amateurs and that it would have been better to have had an interview with HR professionals.   Answer Question
    No, even after the "exchange" of figures, there really was no negotiation. If I wanted the job, I had to accept the figure they offered.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UHY Advisors in October 2011.

Submitted my resume directly to head of department after receiving an email from one of my professors. I was called about 2 weeks later, then heard nothing for 3 weeks. HR set up the interview and I came in the next week. I interviewed with 4 people and then went to lunch with two lower-level staff. Interview was fairly laid back, no strange questions or uncomfortable moments. It was much easier than a Big 4 interview. After my interview I didn't hear from them for a couple of weeks. About 2.5 weeks later they offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Normal interview questions such as tell me about your experience, education, etc.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UHY Advisors in August 2011.

Submitted resume, received a call to schedule an interview. Interviewed with 2-4 different groups or people. They then figure out what team you fit best.