UHY Advisors Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
12 interviews

2.4

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

There were three interviews in total. One of the managers referred to my age by asking if it was all right with me to be working under people who are younger than myself. I think it is illegal to ask this kind of question.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UHY Advisors in September 2012.

I was contacted by the HR director, but she was not present in the interview. I met with the Managing Director, another administrative assistant and a junior member of the HR team. I was really surprised that no substantial questions were asked. More time was spent on exchanging a piece of paper with salary figures on it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I felt I was in the hands of amateurs and that it would have been better to have had an interview with HR professionals.   Answer Question
    No, even after the "exchange" of figures, there really was no negotiation. If I wanted the job, I had to accept the figure they offered.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UHY Advisors in April 2014.

I applied through school's career website, and got an on campus interview. It was a very casual interview. We just talked about things on my resume and the interviewer was telling me something about the firm and the program. But its competitive because they were choosing only 10 people among 3 schools in nyc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UHY Advisors in August 2011.

Submitted resume, received a call to schedule an interview. Interviewed with 2-4 different groups or people. They then figure out what team you fit best.

Simple Interview process

Interview Questions
    • Each question is quite simple. Nothing much on your resume.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at UHY Advisors in June 2013.

The hiring process is relatively simple. You will interview with two-three managers or partners. The interview is more conversational, and they're trying to get to know you more as a person than a resume. Very laid back.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UHY Advisors in October 2011.

Submitted my resume directly to head of department after receiving an email from one of my professors. I was called about 2 weeks later, then heard nothing for 3 weeks. HR set up the interview and I came in the next week. I interviewed with 4 people and then went to lunch with two lower-level staff. Interview was fairly laid back, no strange questions or uncomfortable moments. It was much easier than a Big 4 interview. After my interview I didn't hear from them for a couple of weeks. About 2.5 weeks later they offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Normal interview questions such as tell me about your experience, education, etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at UHY Advisors in September 2010.

There was an initial exchange of email, and then an in office interview with partner, HR rep, and another admin. The questions were standard, not very challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave during tax season previously, and would you do so again?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation on salary. They had their mind made up before we entered the room.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UHY Advisors in May 2009.

The process began with a dinner at the university to get acquainted with all of the "middle market" accounting firms that were registered to work with the accounting program's internship recruiting process. A few weeks after was a dinner, and then the day after was the on-campus interviewer. The interview actually featured two interviewers. Later that week, the firm contacted the certain students who would be invited to continue in the recruiting process (as well as who would be invited to visit the office). The recruiting process featured several events (meals, games, etc.,). After the school year ended were office visits. These were two-day affairs with the first night featuring a dinner and the second day being a tour of the office with breakfast, lunch, a presentation, and two thirty-minute interviews The process is laidback generally, but remember to be alert -- these are interviews, even if some (meals) are informal.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes feedback can seem negative. What do you think about feedback or reviews?   View Answer

It was really close and even now, I realize the decision could've gone either way, but ultimately I was choosing between a smaller firm (this one) and a larger firm (the other one), and I realized that if nothing else, it would be more feasible to move from a larger firm to this one (if I wanted to) than the other way around.

Tax Staff Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at UHY Advisors.

the interview is more like chatting instead of normal interview. they did not ask interview question. However, they may observe your communication skill during the interview

Interview Questions
    • like other CPA firms, they ask teamwork, why choose tax or audit   Answer Question

Worked for UHY Advisors? Contribute to the Community!