UHY Advisors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Tax Staff Accountant

Interviewed at UHY Advisors

Interview Details – There were three interviews in total. One of the managers referred to my age by asking if it was all right with me to be working under people who are younger than myself. I think it is illegal to ask this kind of question.

Interview Question – There was none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UHY Advisors in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR director, but she was not present in the interview. I met with the Managing Director, another administrative assistant and a junior member of the HR team. I was really surprised that no substantial questions were asked. More time was spent on exchanging a piece of paper with salary figures on it.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. I felt I was in the hands of amateurs and that it would have been better to have had an interview with HR professionals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, even after the "exchange" of figures, there really was no negotiation. If I wanted the job, I had to accept the figure they offered.

Leadership Program Interview

Leadership Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UHY Advisors in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through school's career website, and got an on campus interview. It was a very casual interview. We just talked about things on my resume and the interviewer was telling me something about the firm and the program. But its competitive because they were choosing only 10 people among 3 schools in nyc.

Interview Question – how will you make a decision?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UHY Advisors in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, received a call to schedule an interview. Interviewed with 2-4 different groups or people. They then figure out what team you fit best.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to be a tax accountant?   Answer Question

Interviewed at UHY Advisors

Interview Details – Simple Interview process

Interview Question – Each question is quite simple. Nothing much on your resume.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UHY Advisors in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is relatively simple. You will interview with two-three managers or partners. The interview is more conversational, and they're trying to get to know you more as a person than a resume. Very laid back.

Interview Question – What is your favorite band?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UHY Advisors in October 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume directly to head of department after receiving an email from one of my professors. I was called about 2 weeks later, then heard nothing for 3 weeks. HR set up the interview and I came in the next week. I interviewed with 4 people and then went to lunch with two lower-level staff. Interview was fairly laid back, no strange questions or uncomfortable moments. It was much easier than a Big 4 interview. After my interview I didn't hear from them for a couple of weeks. About 2.5 weeks later they offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Normal interview questions such as tell me about your experience, education, etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UHY Advisors in September 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial exchange of email, and then an in office interview with partner, HR rep, and another admin. The questions were standard, not very challenging.

Interview Question – Why did you leave during tax season previously, and would you do so again?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation on salary. They had their mind made up before we entered the room.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UHY Advisors in May 2009.

Interview Details – The process began with a dinner at the university to get acquainted with all of the "middle market" accounting firms that were registered to work with the accounting program's internship recruiting process. A few weeks after was a dinner, and then the day after was the on-campus interviewer. The interview actually featured two interviewers. Later that week, the firm contacted the certain students who would be invited to continue in the recruiting process (as well as who would be invited to visit the office). The recruiting process featured several events (meals, games, etc.,). After the school year ended were office visits. These were two-day affairs with the first night featuring a dinner and the second day being a tour of the office with breakfast, lunch, a presentation, and two thirty-minute interviews The process is laidback generally, but remember to be alert -- these are interviews, even if some (meals) are informal.

Interview Question – Sometimes feedback can seem negative. What do you think about feedback or reviews?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was really close and even now, I realize the decision could've gone either way, but ultimately I was choosing between a smaller firm (this one) and a larger firm (the other one), and I realized that if nothing else, it would be more feasible to move from a larger firm to this one (if I wanted to) than the other way around.

Tax Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UHY Advisors.

Interview Details – the interview is more like chatting instead of normal interview. they did not ask interview question. However, they may observe your communication skill during the interview

Interview Question – like other CPA firms, they ask teamwork, why choose tax or audit   Answer Question

Worked for UHY Advisors? Contribute to the Community!