UHY LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.3

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UHY LLP in June 2015.

Interview

Got connected through linkedin.com. And then I got a phone call from a manager to get to know more me. There is no hard questions just some basic questions. And then there is no available position right now and waiting for available opportunity now.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UHY LLP.

Interview

Got a phone interview with someone in human resources very casual then got another interview in person with two senior Tax Accountants this one was much more formal they asked a series of standard questions such as when you'd be CPA certified and strengths and weaknesses. The whole processes took about two weeks.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UHY LLP (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about 10 days after I applied for the position. After the phone screen, I was told I would hear back from them in 7 days whether I was selected for an interview or not. After waiting 3 weeks I sent an e-mail to the recruiter requesting an update. The recruiter responded back 3 days after I sent request for an update advising they had already filled the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UHY LLP (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Good Interview process, the interviewers knew the company well. They used the standard interview questions and asked about relevant experience. Overall it went well and the people I interviewed with were knowledgeable about the position. The job description and interview questions were detailed and covered most of what I was looking to cover during the interveiw.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle myself during the slow periods of the job.   Answer Question

Winter Inter Interview

Interview

Initial brief interview with the recruiter. Then passed on to the next round of 3 consecutive interviews which took at total of 2 hours. First interviewer was an associate, the 2nd was a senior associate and the 3rd was a manager. the associate was easy to talk to as he was about my age and just went down a list of common interview questions and jotted down my responses. The second one was more behavioral. the last interview with the manager was a conversation and we just talked about our backgrounds. It was also a time for me to ask any questions that I had. I had another interview for the same company at a different office and was broken into 2 separate interviews. The first was with a partner and the second was a 2 on 1 interview with a manager and partner.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time where you disagreed with your superior and what action did you take?"   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UHY LLP.

Interview

I applied through college career website, attended the campus career fair, interviewed on campus and final in office interview. In office interview included a group of candidates attending company presentation, lunch, and meeting other firm members.

Interview Questions

• Fairly simple conversation. Tell me about a time you worked in a group and a member was not pulling their weight...   Answer Question

Very hard decision, still could have went either way. Chose another firm based on location.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UHY LLP (Troy, MI).

Interview

I was interviewed by a partner. He was very positive and friendly. I was asked to walk him through my resume. I was told that I will be invited for an office visit at the end of the interview.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UHY LLP (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I contacted the experienced hire recruiter through email. She scheduled a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very basic with recruiter just going through my resume. Then I was scheduled for another two interviews over the phone by a principal and a partner. This time it was more specific to my experience. Both of them asked what did I do at my position with the previous employer. It was fairly very easy and the partners were very easy to talk to. Next I was called for an interview to the office. This time first I was interviewed by one partner and two senior managers. Each interview was held separately. The partner just asked behavioral questions as in what I liked to do and regular stuff. I was shocked that the questions were so easy. It didn't feel that I was sitting for an interview. The first senior manager asked me about my job role at my previous work place. The second senior manager asked me about my long term goals and expectations from the firm. Overall it was very easy. Finally, I was taken out for lunch with one partner and two seniors. Over lunch we just had a causal conversation. After that, I came back home. It was fairly very easy. I was notified and extended an offer by the recruiter within three days. I was quite surprised on the whole recruitment process to be so quick.

Negotiation

Sign-on bonus were offered with the base annual salary.

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

There were three interviews in total. One of the managers referred to my age by asking if it was all right with me to be working under people who are younger than myself. I think it is illegal to ask this kind of question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UHY LLP (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through school's career website, and got an on campus interview. It was a very casual interview. We just talked about things on my resume and the interviewer was telling me something about the firm and the program. But its competitive because they were choosing only 10 people among 3 schools in nyc.