UJA-Federation of New York

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.2

Manager, Jewish Network News Interview

Met with HR personal and then hiring manager. Was a great experience. Also met with employee who had the job and other colleagues. had a chance to really get to know many people in the department.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UJA-Federation of New York.

A protracted process. Met with HR and then the team and potential boss. Also at a senior level, you may meet with the members of the executive team, including the CEO. You also will go through a security/background check before being hired. And, they ask for many references.

Interview Questions
    • When meeting with the CEO, he asked about what my "Jewish Journey" was and why I wanted to come on board to the UJA-Federation. While innocently asked, it was a bit uncomfortable as I had never been asked a personal question on a job interview before.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a better salary due to the scope of work expected.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UJA-Federation of New York.

sending in a cover letter and resume, they contacted me to set up an interview. First interview was an hour long followed by two thirty min interviews with supervisors and their supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with everyone coming to you needing their stuff done all at once?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UJA-Federation of New York in January 2012.

2 interviews. One with HR one with Manager

No room for negotiation

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UJA-Federation of New York in September 2009.

Company is basically looking to see how committed you are and whether you work overtime and/or stay late.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a company.   View Answer