UK Ministry of Defence Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.3

Administrative Adsistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Online application then face to face interview with two interviewers There were 6 comps submitted in the form and 4were discussed during the interview. Ensure to read Civil service competency framework for both form and interview.

RAF Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranwell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Cranwell, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial selection is via Armed Forces Career Office, then 3 day multiple stage selection process at RAFC Cranwell, including written tests, computer based aptitude tests, interview, team exercises, physical fitness test. There is a definate 'good chap' test hidden inside the process, but it feels mostly fair for all that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for a commission and not to enter in the ranks?   Answer Question

MOD Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

NO interview process, based on previous experience understood through previous annual reports and an online record of competencies. Very rarely are interviews required unless it is a very high profile position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

RAF Officer Interview

Interview

Be prepared for OASC, advice is available online. Be fit to pass the bleep test, play a lot of computer games to improve hand eye co-ordination. Also work on speed distance time calculations

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Interview

Please refer to the British Army website which will provide more information on this issue. The RCB is looking for mental agility, physical fitness, an understanding of how the British Army is organised and a keen appreciation of current affairs and global events.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Interview

Written test with subjects of Maths , general knowledge, science, English. Short listed candidates are called for interview which include psychological tests, group tests, and interview . The initial written test is objective type and in done on same day.the interview takes 3 days . Short listed candidates are sent for medical fitness tests. A merit list is made for all candidates who cleared above and call letters given as per vacancies.

Interview Questions

• Psycholological tests throw up some unexpected questions. Like picture perception tests   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Interview

Short term contractors can be on site in a fortnight. Recruitment for permanent roles is usually limited to Internal candidates unless in exceptional circumstances. Interview process is extremely robust and thorough, often disproportionate for the role. Recruitment process is governed by strict rules and so is extremely fair yet not always quick.

Interview Questions

• How can technology support social media on the battle field to help share combat information between forces?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Interview

Residential selection process involving leadership tasks, written assessments, psychometric testing, group and individual case studies, interviews and more

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Interview

Suitability Interviews, selection board, initial Officer training

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Feltham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Feltham, England (UK)).

Interview

Extensive application followed by assessment day interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. Security vetting procedure takes a long period.