UK Ministry of Defence

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.4

RAF Officer Interview

Be prepared for OASC, advice is available online. Be fit to pass the bleep test, play a lot of computer games to improve hand eye co-ordination. Also work on speed distance time calculations

Army Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Please refer to the British Army website which will provide more information on this issue. The RCB is looking for mental agility, physical fitness, an understanding of how the British Army is organised and a keen appreciation of current affairs and global events.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Written test with subjects of Maths , general knowledge, science, English. Short listed candidates are called for interview which include psychological tests, group tests, and interview . The initial written test is objective type and in done on same day.the interview takes 3 days . Short listed candidates are sent for medical fitness tests. A merit list is made for all candidates who cleared above and call letters given as per vacancies.

Interview Questions
    • Psycholological tests throw up some unexpected questions. Like picture perception tests   Answer Question

Technology Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Short term contractors can be on site in a fortnight. Recruitment for permanent roles is usually limited to Internal candidates unless in exceptional circumstances. Interview process is extremely robust and thorough, often disproportionate for the role. Recruitment process is governed by strict rules and so is extremely fair yet not always quick.

Interview Questions
    • How can technology support social media on the battle field to help share combat information between forces?   Answer Question

British Army Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Residential selection process involving leadership tasks, written assessments, psychometric testing, group and individual case studies, interviews and more

Army Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Suitability Interviews, selection board, initial Officer training

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feltham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feltham, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Extensive application followed by assessment day interview

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiation. Security vetting procedure takes a long period.

Colonel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

written exam followed by ssb procedure.

fixed scales

AB1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)

I applied in-person – interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence in October 2012.

we do enlistment and go for medicals

MOD Programmer Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UK Ministry of Defence in September 2012.

An internal move that required a conversation with my manning agency. A simple discussion highlighting my skills and why I would be suitable for the job in terms of benefits to the organisation and my career profile within the MOD. Timing was the most important factor to align with the outflow of the current post incumbent therefore research on when people are moving is a good idea.