UK National Health Service

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Medical Physicist Interview

Trainee Medical Physicist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UK National Health Service in March 2009.

Interview Details – -One interview with a panel of physicists and HR.
-Usual questions about why you want the job, why this hospital, where you would like to be in 10 years, what can you offer etc...
-Technical questions, e.g. What does the circuit in this diagram do? Explain the Fourier Transform etc.
- Questions about degree and previous projects.

Interview Question – What does the circuit in this diagram do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - Well structured graduate scheme and pay nation pay scales.

Senior House Officer Interview

Senior House Officer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UK National Health Service.

Interview Details – It was commencement of the MMC programme and interviews were held by a panel of interviewers, and the successful candidates would be allocated posts in the deanery. Since it was not hospital or role specific, the interview focused on candidates past experiences and theoretical scenarios.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing was that the application had been filled online approx 6-8 weeks prior to the interview which included theoretical scenarios. They wanted to know what I had answered to those in the application, and it was hard recalling it.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at UK National Health Service in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was formal, but friendly. I was asked lots of questions about my experience and given a lot of details about the work environment and the job. The interviewer seemed genuinely interested throughout the process and they also followed up with me very soon after the interview. Even though I didn't get the job, I felt confident that I could approach them again in the future.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a patient who is abusive?   Answer Question

Academic Foundation Programmer Interview

Academic Foundation Programmer
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UK National Health Service in August 2007.

Interview Details – Structured application form, panel interview and refererences.

Interview Question – Summarise your research as a Daily Mail headline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Worked for UK National Health Service? Contribute to the Community!