UK National Health Service

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

MLA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UK National Health Service in August 2014.

Took about 1month to respond to initial application. Invited to assessment that consisted of a typing a lists of addresses from a sheet onto a word document. Also had to arrange various numbers in to lists of smallest to largest, and then carry out a competency test on patient samples, ensuring all the correct information was on the label for each sample. Overall this took 1 hour and was extremely easy.

the nextday I recieved a phone call to say I had had passed the assessment and was invited for an interview. This was more difficult with all the typical interview questions as well as some more related to the role such as how would I handle a particular situation.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you have developed a new skill out side of your academic studies and how you used this skill to resolve an issue?   View Answer

Senior House Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UK National Health Service.

It was commencement of the MMC programme and interviews were held by a panel of interviewers, and the successful candidates would be allocated posts in the deanery. Since it was not hospital or role specific, the interview focused on candidates past experiences and theoretical scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was that the application had been filled online approx 6-8 weeks prior to the interview which included theoretical scenarios. They wanted to know what I had answered to those in the application, and it was hard recalling it.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at UK National Health Service in May 2009.

The interview was formal, but friendly. I was asked lots of questions about my experience and given a lot of details about the work environment and the job. The interviewer seemed genuinely interested throughout the process and they also followed up with me very soon after the interview. Even though I didn't get the job, I felt confident that I could approach them again in the future.

Trainee Medical Physicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UK National Health Service in March 2009.

-One interview with a panel of physicists and HR.
    -Usual questions about why you want the job, why this hospital, where you would like to be in 10 years, what can you offer etc...
    -Technical questions, e.g. What does the circuit in this diagram do? Explain the Fourier Transform etc.
    - Questions about degree and previous projects.

Interview Questions
    • What does the circuit in this diagram do?   View Answer
    No negotiation - Well structured graduate scheme and pay nation pay scales.

Academic Foundation Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UK National Health Service in August 2007.

Structured application form, panel interview and refererences.

None.