UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.7

Investment Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UMB Financial Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed one-on-one with the Chief Investment Officer, the hiring manager, and team lead. Followed by several group/ panel interviews with various members of the team. Interview process took about 6 months from initial interview to offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

phone interview, just like someone posted on glassdoor, the HR is just like interviewing you for fun, actually they won't hire you, but need to talk to somebody to spend their day.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UMB Financial Corporation.

Interview

Went through several different interviews. They were quite detailed and good conversations. After getting commitments for next steps and timelines for communications, there was just silence. They sent out no letters, made no phone calls, or any other type of communication indicating they went another direction.

Alternative Investments Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation.

Interview

I received a call from someone at fund services who wished to ask me a few questions about my qualifications during a phone screen for the position I had applied for. He was very nice and asked me to fill out a profile on the company careers page so he could have a better idea of my expectations.

He called me back about an hour after I had completed the form online and stated the potential salary for the position was much lower than my expectation and asked how I had arrived at my requested salary. I explained that I had done in-depth research on the market averages for the alternative investments specialist position and had requested an amount nearly 15% below the median (which is significantly below the average) and also that this has been my area of study for three+ years now. The amount that he offered was nearly 50% below the market median and asked if I would be willing to negotiate. I advised him that the amount offered was likely too far from my expectations to go through the remainder of the interview.

I would have had a completely pleasant experience; however, when he originally saw my expectation he chuckled aloud and said,"I don't know of any entry-level position that will pay that." If UMB would like to compete with the larger and more successful banks, I would suggest that they begin paying market-competitive salaries.

Interview Questions

• How did you arrive at your expected compensation.   1 Answer

Another firm was able to meet my expectations.

Corporate Banking Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Omaha, NE) in June 2013.

Interview

Never even got an email saying no.

Teller Interview

Interview

Telephone, then in person.

Better offen elsewhere.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in October 2012.

Interview

Panel interview. Very relaxed atmosphere. Face to face with the regional manager and then 3 others on the phone. Simple not stressful hiring process. Called and offered job then sent official offer in writing

Interview Questions

• I really do not think there was any unexpected questions. Normal interview questions. Nothing crazy. They may ask how you would deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation it was a good offer for the area.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2012.

Interview

Somewhat intimidating (I had 4 people in a circle around me), but a light atmosphere. It was nice and I did get an offer, but I had to decline because of the hours I was requested to work. I would recommend people working here though. I wish I had much more to tell you, but I sadly I don't remember much.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen (while they add 1000 things to the scenario)   Answer Question

couldn't make the hours requested

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I was emailed within 45 minute of submitting my online application and skills tests (there were 2 skills tests), and set up a phone interview for later that week. My phone interview with a member of HR led to an invitation to come to an interview session the following week. The had a set day of interviews for several open positions and when I arrived I had a panel interview with 3 branch managers. They asked standard questions and had me tell three stories about my customer service experience. The HR member contacted me within 2 business days of the panel interview and extended an offer. They were all professional, courteous, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you built an excellent customer relationship.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about something you did that you consider a success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was competitive, so I did not negotiate.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Put through 2 interviews to get declined. I had the feeling that the manager just wanted to consume his days with multiple interviews when he had no intention on filling the positions.