UMBC Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Mostly technical. Questions about previous research experience with emphasis on hypothesis testing. Assessment of level of motivation. They do not ask questions pertaining to coursework that you will take after joining.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

I found out that my initial communications were a reflection of the overall process I would be going through after I was hired - meaning that because ambiguity was a part of the interview, it would also be a part of the job. Discovering the connection each of the employees has with each other was important because it meant that there was a way that I could reach out to respond later on for following up with a thank you note.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about what I thought art was, and how I believed it applied to this position. It made me believe I was being asked to be too subjective, and it seemed off-topic to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it scenario.

Budgeting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

They asked about my skills and strengths and weaknesses.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UMBC (Catonsville, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process is like most. There is the initial paperwork, then testing depending on what position you are applying for. Then, the people that are considered "ideal" candidates are invited in for an interview, which may involve more than one person at a time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very short as I had been out of work for some time and needed to secure employment as soon as possible.

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone and Video conference call interviews.
    The phone interview was a 1:1 interview with my new boss, the video conference call was with all the memnber from the lab present.
    The interviews consisted in talking about my previous skills and waht the work was about

Negotiation

There was no negotiation