UMBC Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Jun 29, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online - interviewed at UMBC.

Mostly technical. Questions about previous research experience with emphasis on hypothesis testing. Assessment of level of motivation. They do not ask questions pertaining to coursework that you will take after joining.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Catonsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catonsville, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UMBC in August 2010.

The interview process is like most. There is the initial paperwork, then testing depending on what position you are applying for. Then, the people that are considered "ideal" candidates are invited in for an interview, which may involve more than one person at a time.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was very short as I had been out of work for some time and needed to secure employment as soon as possible.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UMBC in September 2012.

I found out that my initial communications were a reflection of the overall process I would be going through after I was hired - meaning that because ambiguity was a part of the interview, it would also be a part of the job. Discovering the connection each of the employees has with each other was important because it meant that there was a way that I could reach out to respond later on for following up with a thank you note.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about what I thought art was, and how I believed it applied to this position. It made me believe I was being asked to be too subjective, and it seemed off-topic to me.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it scenario.

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UMBC in March 2010.

Phone and Video conference call interviews.
    The phone interview was a 1:1 interview with my new boss, the video conference call was with all the memnber from the lab present.
    The interviews consisted in talking about my previous skills and waht the work was about

There was no negotiation

Budgeting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at UMBC in September 2010.

They asked about my skills and strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Worked for UMBC? Contribute to the Community!