UMBC

Relevance Date Difficulty

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at UMBC.

Interview Details – Mostly technical. Questions about previous research experience with emphasis on hypothesis testing. Assessment of level of motivation. They do not ask questions pertaining to coursework that you will take after joining.

Interview Question – Specific to my project   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Catonsville, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UMBC in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is like most. There is the initial paperwork, then testing depending on what position you are applying for. Then, the people that are considered "ideal" candidates are invited in for an interview, which may involve more than one person at a time.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very short as I had been out of work for some time and needed to secure employment as soon as possible.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UMBC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I found out that my initial communications were a reflection of the overall process I would be going through after I was hired - meaning that because ambiguity was a part of the interview, it would also be a part of the job. Discovering the connection each of the employees has with each other was important because it meant that there was a way that I could reach out to respond later on for following up with a thank you note.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was about what I thought art was, and how I believed it applied to this position. It made me believe I was being asked to be too subjective, and it seemed off-topic to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it scenario.

Postdoctoral Interview

Postdoctoral
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UMBC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone and Video conference call interviews.
The phone interview was a 1:1 interview with my new boss, the video conference call was with all the memnber from the lab present.
The interviews consisted in talking about my previous skills and waht the work was about

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Budgeting Interview

Budgeting
Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at UMBC in September 2010.

Interview Details – They asked about my skills and strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience in Finance   Answer Question

Worked for UMBC? Contribute to the Community!