Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at UMUC
- Academic Advisor (5)
- Director (2)
- Admissions Counselor (2)
- Adjunct Faculty (2)
- Manager (2)
- Director, Customer Relantionship (1)
- Associate Vice President, Retention (1)
- Document Management Associate II (1)
- Collegiate Professor and Program Director of Strategic Management (1)
- Collegiate Faculty (1)
- Grafikdesigner (1)
- Assistant Vice President, Retention (1)
- Administrative Assistant I (1)
- Senior Project Manager (1)
- Senior Director (1)
- Assistant Director (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Field Representative (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Organizational Development Consultant (1)
- Marketing Analyst (1)
- Collections Manager (1)
- Administrative Support (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in July 2014.
UMUC posted the position on LinkedIn. I did a series of panel interviews--one with their HR leader, another with two folks from the Training department and another with three members of the HR team. The process was three hours and quite draining as the interviewers all asked the same questions....three times in a row. Imagine being asked three times why you are looking for a new job, what your strengths are, what your weaknesses are and what makes you the best person for the job. The interview portion with their HR leader was horrible. Imagine someone asking you to validate every item on your resume--it felt more like an inquisition than an interview. I should have left after the first hour. By the time I was done, I felt completely unwelcome there.
- What was the last book you read and why? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in February 2014.
Phone screening and two interviews in person with a search committee consisting of faculty, administrators, and staff. There were no signs during the interview process that the position would be canceled before anyone was hired.
- How would you handle a student complaint knowing the university's goal to improve student retention? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
University canceled the position during interview process.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in May 2012.
I was not formally interviewed for the position I currently hold. The director called me and chit chatted with me for ten to fifteen minutes and asked me maybe 2 questions.
- I wasn't actually asked any questions relating to the job I had applied for. 1 Answer
There was no room for negotiation.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in October 2011.
The interview was very thorough from the telephone to the 1:1 to the Group Panel process. The staff that conducted the interview was very helpful and followed a clear state government interview process.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review