UMUC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Collegiate Faculty Interview

Collegiate Faculty
Adelphi, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UMUC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening and two interviews in person with a search committee consisting of faculty, administrators, and staff. There were no signs during the interview process that the position would be canceled before anyone was hired.

Interview Question – How would you handle a student complaint knowing the university's goal to improve student retention?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – University canceled the position during interview process.

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Adelphi, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UMUC in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was not formally interviewed for the position I currently hold. The director called me and chit chatted with me for ten to fifteen minutes and asked me maybe 2 questions.

Interview Question – I wasn't actually asked any questions relating to the job I had applied for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Director, Customer Relantionship Interview

Director, Customer Relantionship
Adelphi, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UMUC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very thorough from the telephone to the 1:1 to the Group Panel process. The staff that conducted the interview was very helpful and followed a clear state government interview process.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   View Answer
  • What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Worked for UMUC? Contribute to the Community!