UMUC Interview Questions in Adelphi, MD

Organizational Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

UMUC posted the position on LinkedIn. I did a series of panel interviews--one with their HR leader, another with two folks from the Training department and another with three members of the HR team. The process was three hours and quite draining as the interviewers all asked the same questions....three times in a row. Imagine being asked three times why you are looking for a new job, what your strengths are, what your weaknesses are and what makes you the best person for the job. The interview portion with their HR leader was horrible. Imagine someone asking you to validate every item on your resume--it felt more like an inquisition than an interview. I should have left after the first hour. By the time I was done, I felt completely unwelcome there.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read and why?   1 Answer

Collegiate Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone screening and two interviews in person with a search committee consisting of faculty, administrators, and staff. There were no signs during the interview process that the position would be canceled before anyone was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student complaint knowing the university's goal to improve student retention?   Answer Question

University canceled the position during interview process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

I was not formally interviewed for the position I currently hold. The director called me and chit chatted with me for ten to fifteen minutes and asked me maybe 2 questions.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't actually asked any questions relating to the job I had applied for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Director, Customer Relantionship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very thorough from the telephone to the 1:1 to the Group Panel process. The staff that conducted the interview was very helpful and followed a clear state government interview process.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer