UMUC

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UMUC.

Interview Details – 3 interviews: 1hour interview on the phone. 2 three hour interviews in person with a group of peers and hiring manager. The questions were read from a list. The interviews felt more like interrogations rather than a conversation.

Interview Question – Although we are an educational institution, we don't have any formal training for our employees, how would you go about learning the requirements of the job?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UMUC.

Interview Details – Multiple phone and onsite interviews spread out over three days and spanning several months. Would go weeks without contact, was told an offer would be coming, but no offer ever came.

Interview Question – None. Relatively easy interview.   Answer Question

Collegiate Faculty Interview

Collegiate Faculty
Adelphi, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UMUC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening and two interviews in person with a search committee consisting of faculty, administrators, and staff. There were no signs during the interview process that the position would be canceled before anyone was hired.

Interview Question – How would you handle a student complaint knowing the university's goal to improve student retention?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – University canceled the position during interview process.

Collegiate Professor and Program Director of Strategic Management Interview

Collegiate Professor and Program Director of Strategic Management

Interviewed at UMUC

Interview Details – Initial telephone interview, followed by on site interview with selection team, then follow-up with the Executive Director of Executive Programs. Ending with discussion of salary requirements, over several iterations resulting in agreement.

Interview Question – Would I relocate to Maryland?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short and straightforward.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UMUC.

Interview Details – Asked a variety of questions and they was not your typical interview questions. It was about 3-4 pages of questions and there was a panel of 3 people going back and forth asking you different questions.

Interview Question – If hired, what would you do in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Document Management Associate II Interview

Document Management Associate II

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UMUC in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly easy. The interview consisted of a panel interview of about 3 people, including the hiring manager. The questions were standard interview questions.

Interview Question – What are 5 of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation stage unfortunately

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UMUC.

Interview Details – There were several screenings prior to the actual interview. Though the culture seemed to be very driven by camaraderie, the stress level in this environment is highly questionable due to the constant change in direction. It seemed it would be very difficult to meet the requirements of leadership when they are constantly changing.

Interview Question – If hired, which skills would you need to develop?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Adelphi, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UMUC in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was not formally interviewed for the position I currently hold. The director called me and chit chatted with me for ten to fifteen minutes and asked me maybe 2 questions.

Interview Question – I wasn't actually asked any questions relating to the job I had applied for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at UMUC

Interview Details – relaxing and friendly

Interview Question – Use four adjectives to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Largo, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UMUC in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview Process took 2 months. I did not interview with HR, only the department staff and a staff person from another department. Support staff were very nice and professional, the red flag should have been the eye rolling and twitching Hiring Manager and the lack of enthusiasm from the other interviewer who is no longer at UMUC.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, however, I should have asked more questions about budget accountability, ED's managerial style and requested an interview with HR about the high turn over rate in the department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and to the point. I was already aware of the salary. It wasn't posted and I had to ask the Executive Director about the salary range. This was a later move for me.

Worked for UMUC? Contribute to the Community!