UMass Boston Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMass Boston.

Interview

First you need to find an open position in the HR website department wise and then apply with a referal so that you will get a call or else approach any employee directly and build a rappo to refer you. Then the interview will take place and you will be questioned based on your background experience and few questions related to the job you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell them you back ground and the experience and assue your candidature   Answer Question

Research Assistant/Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

The initial communication took awhile, about a month, at which point I was asked to interview in two weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston and met with the 3 PIs at the lab. The interview lasted about half an hour.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Disorganized process compare to other universities. Met in the morning, required to do a job talk, teach a course, meet with leadership (as expected). The interview was very telling, in retrospect, as morning coffee was not complimentary (I paid).

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into the mission of a public institution?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

They asked me some brief questions and viewed my transcript. Make sure the work length and my available time working for them. Finally make sure and working process and the work place and my math skills to guarantee my ability working for them.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Amherst, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Had an in person interview, never heard back from anyone.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

phone screen, interview, hired.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

All they care about is your personality and how sociable you can be with students. I honestly feel that if you are good with kids, that you will be one of the great professors that teaches here. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a job here after a couple interviews

Interview Questions

• when was a time when you went against the norms of society   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

1 interview in front of a panel of 3, they scored my answers and stated they'd choose the person with the highest score essentially. So the more you knew about the position and academic policies, the better the score.

Interview Questions

• I had to name a lot of state and local benefits and outreach facilities, which if I hadn't done research on the university, I would not have come across that information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called and offered the job, asked me when I wanted to start. There wasn't much negotiating because it's a state school and the salary was posted on the ad.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UMass Boston (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

interviewed by 3 department faculty members, met them individually, questions about your background, goals, and expectations. No very difficult questions, faculty members were very nice. They are very supportive also. I found out later in the days when I worked and studied there.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Boston.

Interview

Hiring for this job was a simple, straight-forward process. I had been a graduate student at the university and I expressed my interest in teaching and, given my experience teaching while in my graduate program, was offered a position. Could be hard to get a job as contract faculty in my domain area if you have no connection to the university at all.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Interview was straight forward.   Answer Question