UMass Memorial Medical Center

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.2

Nurse Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center.

A 4hour interview, first with ADON, then a panel interview with nurse managers, other educators. Some of the questions were outright ambiguous and personal. I was asked about how I would establish trust. I mentioned, I would share information with my fellow educators etc... However I was told by the one who asked the question that, she was looking for an answer like.. I will demonstrate to the educators I am capable to providing nursing care such as going on the floor to work while I was been monitored. Seriously. After working for years, attaining MSN, I have to be monitored by another nurse if am capable of performing a nursing care to establish trust? Wow. I felt like a new grad.
    I called weeks later to inquire but was told the position is currently on hold due to budgeting. Months later, job was still posted.

Department Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center.

A full day of interviewing with departmental staff was arranged several weeks after resume submission. Despite the feedback during the interviews being very positive, and being told I was one of two final candidates, the lack of follow-up post interview was very disappointing. A courteous email or call informing me the other candidate was selected would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do it you were going to be late for work?   Answer Question

Patient Access Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center in October 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call from recruiting about two weeks later to conduct a phone interview. Was brief, totaled 8 mins. Asked: Tell me about yourself, Why did I choose this hospital, Have I had conflict with co-workers in the past and if so what was the resolution, what are your strengths. Recruiter set me up for an in-person interview with the mgr. We met and she was very friendly, had a list of questions that ranged from What have you achieved in your previous job? to How have you dealt with difficult clients in the past? Overall the experience was great, had a few laughs and thought it went well. She was interviewing the rest of the week and said it would be up to 3 weeks to hear back, its still the first week so fingers crossed but haven't heard anything back yet.

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center in February 2012.

Normal interview process, phone screen, on site meeting in round table discussion, team came in to meet and ask questions. The team was quite large at the time of the interview and as time went on the entire team that interviewed me had left for other companies.

Interview Questions
    I accepted their offer without negotiations

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center in May 2010.

Met with multiple people within the division. Interviews were detailed but not rigorous or intimidating - all were kind and interested in learning about my background and personality. Importance of attitude and dedication.

Support Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center in August 2009.

Easy interview with little questioning.

Phlebotomist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center in February 2009.

Interviewed and hired quickly.

Interview Questions
    Because this position is under union contract, there are no negotiations on salary. There is a range with which to work in, but salary is set through contract negotiations.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center in February 2009.

was just hired as per diem...no resume, no application. really

none

Mental Health Clinician Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at UMass Memorial Medical Center in July 2009.

In a word, outstanding. I expected a hostile interview not to last more than 20 minutes. I was so impressed by those who interviewed me i decided that if they offered me a position i would accept it.I was never disappointed.

Not an issue when working as a state employee.