UN World Food Programme Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.9

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UN World Food Programme (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I have applied for an administrative position at WFP's DC office on Friday and they contacted me next Monday. Even though the position is based in DC office, the interview took place in NYC, so the interviewer preferred to spend Non-profit's $$$ to make people travel to meet her. They did paid for the travel though, but only after I begged for it in two months. There were three people in the conference room, but two of them were sitting taking notes. The interviewer didn't even bother to ask me what my name was and immediately started reading questions that pretty much sounded like personality test, same questions were rearranged and rephrased and after a dozen of them, I got really annoyed. Be ready for very annoying behavioral-type questions. The interviewer had a grading scale from 1 to 5 on her paper, where "1" was "Worst" and "5" "Best", and each time after I was done answering the question, she was marking the scale without giving a regard if I saw it or not. I have never been contacted after the interview, nobody bothered to reply to my Thank You letter. The post has been re-advertized two months after my interview.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UN World Food Programme (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

2 times. Before them, professional skill testing and health check up result were required to submit. Japanese international cooperation Agency conducted the interview because the program was part of jica programme (Japan overseas cooperation volunteers: JOCV). TOEIC test score was required to submit preliminary.

Interview Questions

• What kind of preparation have you done?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UN World Food Programme (Rome (Italy)) in June 2015.

Interview

The atmosphere was nice. I applied online and I've been called after one month. The phone interview had a duration or 40 minutes more or less and it was a panel interview.

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Interviewed by three different people, but as was for a volunteer position when I first started (not for current position) it was more relaxed. One way to get UN opportunities is to volunteer or be an intern. Later, with a foot in the door you can apply for other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you former experience makes you a good candidate to work here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UN World Food Programme (Rome (Italy)) in April 2015.

Interview

Years after I had applied I finally received an email where they wanted to schedule a 30 minutes interview which would be followed by a written segment. I found useful info on how to prepare for the interview on the UN website. The written segment was an analysis/critique of two of the three main funding systems of WFP

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UN World Food Programme in November 2014.

Interview

Resume screening and subsequent 2 rounds of interview. Both were skype interview. 1st interview was one to one, and second was panel interview. I had to follow up a lot on my first interview, may be they were trying to check how desperate I am to join WFP.

Interview Questions

• Sourcing and Delivery plan for emergency in African country. Interviewer kept on increasing the complexity with each step.   1 Answer

Emergency Preparedness Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UN World Food Programme in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email that I would have a phone interview in a month (and this was already a month after I'd applied). After interview I heard back within a few weeks. The whole process took about 3 months. They looked at my college classes to make sure that I was properly prepared for this type of interview. Before the interview I was given a take home assignment to complete that would be discussed in addition to the interview. The assignment was a little confusing but I managed to complete it almost entirely correctly and they were impressed that I was able to figure it out. During the interview they asked about my past experience and I if I already knew about the computer programs that would be used during the internship. Overall they were very nice and the interview was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How my past experience could be applied to this new position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UN World Food Programme.

Interview

I was called by the HR manager since I was recommended she only had to take my details. After that had an interview via skype with the department head he asked me work related question regarding logistics.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question just talking and looking for a proper connection   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UN World Food Programme in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to do a phone interview 3 weeks later. The interview was pleasant but challenging. I was asked questions about my relevant knowledge and experience, but then also more difficult ones relating to the department and the aid process. Afterwards I had to write a page piece on current affairs and send it back within 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give 3 reasons why it is beneficial for the WFP to receive in kind food from the US   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UN World Food Programme.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months. Upload my CV on the website, and after couple of months I got an email and we set a phone interview. I had to present myself, demonstrate how my experience and knowledge match the duties and also explain why I had applied to that position and company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. I was asked to demonstrate specific knowledge vital for that position.   Answer Question