UNC Chapel Hill Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted by Nursing HR promptly. I met with my manager at her office and got a chance to shadow on my unit for up to 12 hours. I was asked about my background and some things on my resume, and the rest of the interview was composed of behavioral interview-type questions. It lasted 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced in the past. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

Meet with about 4 Managers one VP, and the team. Illustrate on black board. Each manager reviews your resume and asks questions about each position. in addition to there own questions, they have a set of generic questions that they read off a sheet; most likely from HR. Seems like great people to work with - looks like a lot of work, but they have a team for many aspects of IT.

Medicaid Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call after 3 weeks. I had a phone interview. One week later I had an onsite interview. I interviewed with two teams of 3 people for about one hour each. The questions were behaviorally based. The director lost interest and made it know by her comments towards the end. Seemed like she wanted a lay down and take it type person. Too headstrong you won't make it in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a group of people, what did you have to do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. Meetings were 1:1 with different staff members. Questions were straightforward and laid back. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. Overall, it was a positive experience. Visiting the working space was very informative and played a huge role in decision making.

Negotiation

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was a three part interview. First part consisted of phone screen with department HR contact. Second was an in-person panel interview consisting of personality and skills questions. Third was in-person interview with hiring manager/department manager, when I was given the opportunity to fill out the background check authorization.

Interview Questions

• Most personality-based interview questions relating to job experiences. Nothing too extraordinary.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

Typical yet thorough. Just be yourself, personable, and professional. A sense of humor is important while demonstrating a balanced work/life ethic. Don't embellish and ask questions of the panel about both corporate and personnel endeavors. Show that your human. Establish your leadership style and see if there's a match across the panel and potential co-workers.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

The process was incredibly slow as it was months before I was called for an interview. I was phone screened by 4 people asking basic questions about the position. I was not invited for an onsite interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

a process takes a while to call after application submission sometimes.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

You are not required to take an interview. Teaching assistant decisions are made with offer to to attend graduate program. Decisions made by your individual department, then ratified by the graduate school. If you receive an offer of admission you will be a teaching assistant unless you are also offered a fellowship to attend. This will relieve you of teaching assistant duties and allow you more time to focus on your work.

Major Gift Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview and panel interview. I was told I was "meeting" with two people for my phone interview, but I was not informed of the panel interview. The process was somewhat lengthy due to the multiple background checks.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very straight-forward and typical HR questions (i.e. Tell us about a time when you had to give someone bad news. Tell us about your greatest strength.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase, because I was offered the highest amount in the salary range that was offered.