UNC Chapel Hill Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.9

Medicaid Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call after 3 weeks. I had a phone interview. One week later I had an onsite interview. I interviewed with two teams of 3 people for about one hour each. The questions were behaviorally based. The director lost interest and made it know by her comments towards the end. Seemed like she wanted a lay down and take it type person. Too headstrong you won't make it in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a group of people, what did you have to do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. Meetings were 1:1 with different staff members. Questions were straightforward and laid back. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting. Overall, it was a positive experience. Visiting the working space was very informative and played a huge role in decision making.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was a three part interview. First part consisted of phone screen with department HR contact. Second was an in-person panel interview consisting of personality and skills questions. Third was in-person interview with hiring manager/department manager, when I was given the opportunity to fill out the background check authorization.

Interview Questions

• Most personality-based interview questions relating to job experiences. Nothing too extraordinary.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

Typical yet thorough. Just be yourself, personable, and professional. A sense of humor is important while demonstrating a balanced work/life ethic. Don't embellish and ask questions of the panel about both corporate and personnel endeavors. Show that your human. Establish your leadership style and see if there's a match across the panel and potential co-workers.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

The process was incredibly slow as it was months before I was called for an interview. I was phone screened by 4 people asking basic questions about the position. I was not invited for an onsite interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

a process takes a while to call after application submission sometimes.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

You are not required to take an interview. Teaching assistant decisions are made with offer to to attend graduate program. Decisions made by your individual department, then ratified by the graduate school. If you receive an offer of admission you will be a teaching assistant unless you are also offered a fellowship to attend. This will relieve you of teaching assistant duties and allow you more time to focus on your work.

Major Gift Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview and panel interview. I was told I was "meeting" with two people for my phone interview, but I was not informed of the panel interview. The process was somewhat lengthy due to the multiple background checks.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very straight-forward and typical HR questions (i.e. Tell us about a time when you had to give someone bad news. Tell us about your greatest strength.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase, because I was offered the highest amount in the salary range that was offered.

Research Technician Interview

Interview

The interview process went quick after couple poor candidates. It took a weeks to get phone call from HR after interviews with employer. The hiring process took months to get the benefit valid.

Interview Questions

• Interview was ok. Ask technical questions based on past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR decided and refused to negotiate at all.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UNC Chapel Hill in January 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Arrive early because parking can be an issue. Initial in-person interview was with 3 people- the team leads and their manager. Second in- person interview was with 10 team members. All were welcoming, informative, and professional. During both, interviewers took turns asking scripted questions. Be prepared- their questions cover a wide range and are behavioral event interview style questions. They all allowed me to ask questions and answered them openly.

Interview Questions

• nothing that I remember to be particularly surprising or difficult.   Answer Question