UNC Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.5

Billing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Billing Manager, Billing Supervisor and a Senior Billing employee. Each one asked specific questions regarding my past experience in this field, work ethics and gaols achieved in the position.

HUC Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNC Health Care.

Interview

Not as involved as one would have thought. Questions more centered around if I would ever take action against the company if something bad ever happened. Pleasant interview though. You will interview with your immediate supervisor and that persons supervisor if things are still the same.

Interview Questions

• Would you take a salary somewhere else that was a small amount larger than here?   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on may 12th. I had my interview on may 18th. I accepted the job on june 8th. I pass all my pre employment background etc. on june 24th. My start date is july 6th. Takes maybe a little over 2 months for the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Name experience where you had to help a coworker at a previous job? Most of the questions will place you in a setting where you explain how you can be an big help to the company.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (North Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process went very well. Hiring manager was very professional and polite. The computerized system is not very user friendly. Nurse employment very swift and return calls immediately. Behavioral process for interview style.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had a job with a ideal boss? and what made her a good boss   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager and another person on the team. It was very easy and just trying to determine my experiences and qualifications. I was asked for an on-site interview and it consisted of three hour-long interviews each with two interviewers. All the questions asked were behavioral and often the questions were repeated in each group. I got the offer a week after they said they would "let me know". The offer was almost laughably low. I had spoken about the salary range with the manager prior to my phone interview and he mentioned it was higher than my previous salary (that I had before I finished my Masters Degree). That was true, but the offer I got was only $1/hr higher than my previous salary. Needless to say, I tried to negotiate and got an additional $1/hr. Though the job would have been perfect, I had to turn it down. They apparently do not consider education as experience and it is not considered when calculating a salary. I did not feel all of experience (which DOES include education) would have been appreciated here.

Interview Questions

• What frustrates you? It sounds like an easy question, but trying to come off as a normal person is difficult!   Answer Question

After speaking with HR about the offer, she admitted that the salary was based on my experience and the salaries offered to the recent hires. When I dug more into the low offer, she admitted that my advanced degree was not considered as experience and not considered in their offer. Graduate school was not easy and I could not work for a place that did not appreciate my time there.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Interview process was non-threatening when I took it several years ago. That Manager is no longer there but she was nice and open. I remember that one of the questions regarded what I would do if I were out at a home and a certain situations happened. The interview was about 30 minutes then I met with other nurses who happened to be in the office at the time. They were pleasent and greeted me. Very much how they were actually.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions really except what you think your weaknesses and strengths are.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Health Care.

Interview

Must pass a simple coding and medical term exam before the interview. The interview is a panel interview with 3 people asking behavioral questions....

Interview Questions

• They are really not difficult. They are just asking different questions to see how you will get along with team members.   Answer Question

Nurse Employment Interview

Application

Interview

Behavioral interview style based on describing what actions you would take, how you handled a situation and how well you interact with customers(internal/external). As their is a pre-screening computer test with general customer service questions.

Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I had a phone interview and was brought in for an interview. The interview consisted of an excel test and I had 3 panel interviews

Dietetic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UNC Health Care.

Interview

n/a

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a; perfect wage/hr