UNC Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UNC Health Care.

I had a phone interview with the manager and another person on the team. It was very easy and just trying to determine my experiences and qualifications. I was asked for an on-site interview and it consisted of three hour-long interviews each with two interviewers. All the questions asked were behavioral and often the questions were repeated in each group. I got the offer a week after they said they would "let me know". The offer was almost laughably low. I had spoken about the salary range with the manager prior to my phone interview and he mentioned it was higher than my previous salary (that I had before I finished my Masters Degree). That was true, but the offer I got was only $1/hr higher than my previous salary. Needless to say, I tried to negotiate and got an additional $1/hr. Though the job would have been perfect, I had to turn it down. They apparently do not consider education as experience and it is not considered when calculating a salary. I did not feel all of experience (which DOES include education) would have been appreciated here.

Interview Questions
    • What frustrates you? It sounds like an easy question, but trying to come off as a normal person is difficult!   Answer Question

After speaking with HR about the offer, she admitted that the salary was based on my experience and the salaries offered to the recent hires. When I dug more into the low offer, she admitted that my advanced degree was not considered as experience and not considered in their offer. Graduate school was not easy and I could not work for a place that did not appreciate my time there.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UNC Health Care.

Interview process was non-threatening when I took it several years ago. That Manager is no longer there but she was nice and open. I remember that one of the questions regarded what I would do if I were out at a home and a certain situations happened. The interview was about 30 minutes then I met with other nurses who happened to be in the office at the time. They were pleasent and greeted me. Very much how they were actually.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really except what you think your weaknesses and strengths are.   Answer Question

Claims Coding Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UNC Health Care.

Must pass a simple coding and medical term exam before the interview. The interview is a panel interview with 3 people asking behavioral questions....

Interview Questions
    • They are really not difficult. They are just asking different questions to see how you will get along with team members.   Answer Question

Nurse Employment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UNC Health Care.

Behavioral interview style based on describing what actions you would take, how you handled a situation and how well you interact with customers(internal/external). As their is a pre-screening computer test with general customer service questions.

Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UNC Health Care.

I had a phone interview and was brought in for an interview. The interview consisted of an excel test and I had 3 panel interviews

Dietetic Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UNC Health Care.

n/a

n/a; perfect wage/hr

RN At UNC Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UNC Health Care in March 2013.

They use a Behavioral Interview style, which is pretty common. I was they called for an interview, It happened fairly quickly after submitting my online application. However, I didn't feel/think the interview went well. I was then surprised to get a job offer. The benefits and pay were explained after the interview, which was nice. As I had other offers.

Interview Questions
    • How/why did you think to do that? About an answer to a situational question.   View Answer
    There was none

Analyst Interview

UNC Hospital interviews are standarized across the organization. You are asked questions and they want to hear examples of how you have done those specific things in work, school etc.

Interview Questions
    • Have to give specific examples and your contribution to the outcome.   Answer Question

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at UNC Health Care in April 2012.

Long and takes forever to get an answer back could take months.

Interview Questions
    • No questions actually related to the job in which you would be performing but only what type of person you are as a whole.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at UNC Health Care in April 2011.

Initial Contact was face to face, observed job performance. Management was cold and unfriendly and elitist.

nonexistent