UNC Wilmington Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.4

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Normally they start with a phone interview which is more of a meet and greet with some technical questions. Then they bring you in for a face to face in front of a committee for an in person interview. Sometimes, depending on the level of the position, you may have to meet with a larger audience in an open forum, but for your average employee this is not the case.

Interview Questions

• Not 1 in particular, but some of the IT interviews can get quite technical. Some questions are meant to be difficult to see how a person responds when they don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Peer Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

Apply online and received a response via email almost immediately. Only a handful of people who submit a resume will receive an interview.

Interview is super easy and consists of 3 of the current peer educators or 2 peer educators and the assistant direct. Questions are the normal "tell me about a time when..." or "Tell us about how you would..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate, no negotiation

Lobby Desk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

Must attend a hiring session in order to get an application. If selected you will go on to two Rounds of Interview, starting with a student interview and then an interview with professional staff after an open house. It's recommended that you fill out the application in pen and submit a resume and a cover letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where a co-worker was breaking a policy?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UNC Wilmington in March 2014.

Interview

I applied in Feb and was called for an interview one month later in March. The interview panel was nice enough but unprepared. I quickly got the impression this was an obligatory process and they already had a candidate in mind.

Interview Questions

• None, as if they Googled top ten interview questions ten minutes before the interview.   1 Answer

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

It was terrible. I flew in from out of town. They spent hardly any time with me. They didn't get me a discount on a hotel room, offer a place to stay on campus, or even offer to buy me lunch. That should have been an indicator of how poor the job would be.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was told that was it. Bad move. I have hardly any vacation time.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at UNC Wilmington in March 2009.

Interview

Government process is long. About 6 months between applying and getting phone interview. Afterwards got in person interview with a panel of three and then a computer hardware test. Waited another 2 months or so before hearing back.

Interview Questions

• How would you find a needle in a haystack?   1 Answer