UNC Wilmington Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at UNC Wilmington

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Best interview I have ever had! Great questions, broad spectrum of individuals from different departments. I felt they were all prepared and asked very pertinent questions. It was an engaging conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Normally they start with a phone interview which is more of a meet and greet with some technical questions. Then they bring you in for a face to face in front of a committee for an in person interview. Sometimes, depending on the level of the position, you may have to meet with a larger audience in an open forum, but for your average employee this is not the case.

Interview Questions

• Not 1 in particular, but some of the IT interviews can get quite technical. Some questions are meant to be difficult to see how a person responds when they don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Peer Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

Apply online and received a response via email almost immediately. Only a handful of people who submit a resume will receive an interview. Interview is super easy and consists of 3 of the current peer educators or 2 peer educators and the assistant direct. Questions are the normal "tell me about a time when..." or "Tell us about how you would..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate, no negotiation

Lobby Desk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

Must attend a hiring session in order to get an application. If selected you will go on to two Rounds of Interview, starting with a student interview and then an interview with professional staff after an open house. It's recommended that you fill out the application in pen and submit a resume and a cover letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where a co-worker was breaking a policy?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UNC Wilmington in March 2014.

Interview

I applied in Feb and was called for an interview one month later in March. The interview panel was nice enough but unprepared. I quickly got the impression this was an obligatory process and they already had a candidate in mind.

Interview Questions

• None, as if they Googled top ten interview questions ten minutes before the interview.   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at UNC Wilmington in March 2009.

Interview

Government process is long. About 6 months between applying and getting phone interview. Afterwards got in person interview with a panel of three and then a computer hardware test. Waited another 2 months or so before hearing back.

Interview Questions

• How would you find a needle in a haystack?   1 Answer