UNICOM Government

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UNICOM Government.

I was a referral. I interviewed with the recruiter over the phone, 2 other PMs in person and met my hiring manager 1-1 as well. I also interviewed with a Director and spoke briefly to a VP, althought I wouldn't consider that meeting an "interview." I interviewed contingent upon them winning certain projects that had been bid so I was interviewed several months before my hire date, but that was expected and explained up front. The panel interview seemed like it was more to see if I was a cultural fit for the team than a test of my skills and I appreciate that having the right fit is important for the team. The recruiting team at the time was fantastic and very good about keeping in touch. The onboarding process was great as well.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no unexpected questions. There were several behavioral questions though. "Tell me about a project you've managed that failed and what you did..."   Answer Question
    They matched my base salary at my previous large systems integrator employer through a combination of base and bonuses. The base was much lower than the larger company, but over the years promotions have been easier to come by and my salary is back to where it would be if I had stayed with the bigger company. Bonuses are all but non-existent now though.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UNICOM Government in April 2012.

Interviewed with Multiple management levels who then made a determination of what Agency or group would be best-suited for experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if i knew specific People within specific accounts.   View Answer

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UNICOM Government in August 2010.

Round 1 of interviewing for a management role in their professional services arm of the company. Initial contact was made by the recruiting team through linkedIn. I was provided with a job description and invited to apply based on past association with a current member of the company.

I provided a resume and the recruited conducted a fairly straight-forward phone screening. Next phase was a series of one-on-one in-person interviews with GTSI managers who currently operate at the same level within the company as the one being applied to. General focus of the discussions in these sessions was current state of the business and general requirements of the position.

Interviews were professional and congenial.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
    • If you could bring one person with you from your current company who would it be and why?   View Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UNICOM Government in July 2010.

Checked GTSI website and applied for a position online. Got phone call from recruiter and began the process. Very detailed phone interview/screening process, then waited a week for a panel interview face to face with two people on the team and a upper-level manager. Interviewed with all three inside an hour and a half, then waited a couple days for the results. Recruiter emailed to say that they were restructuring and that the position had been eliminated for consideration.

Atmosphere was very professional, very clean, very modern office space and building. All interviewers knew their business and were very positive, upbeat, and yet had a casual attitude that was good to see. Unfortunate that the time and effort was put into the interview process for a sudden restructuring at the end of the process.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at UNICOM Government in December 2009.

Applied for position while interning for another dept. Was interviewd by a panel composed of staff from the IT department. Very informal and laid back interview. Interview questions consisted mostly of scenarios. Interview only lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your understanding of ITIL and how indiviual parts can be applied to day to day problems.   Answer Question
    HR was not very willing to negotiate salary. However I was able to negotiate for a re-evaluation of salary upon my 6 month review.

Team Xpress Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UNICOM Government in December 2009.

I was called in by a recruiting agency. They interviewed me in about 20 minutes, I interviewed with a couple other managers who ended up leaving the company before I started, and then they said I had the job. It was really simple.

I didn't know how to negotiate then. I was so happy to have that job over the other job I had.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UNICOM Government in January 2009.

Interview was completely one on one, face to face. Paid for travel to interview. 4 interviews in one day. Very easy to get along with everyone.