UNICOM Government

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Team Xpress Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UNICOM Government in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in by a recruiting agency. They interviewed me in about 20 minutes, I interviewed with a couple other managers who ended up leaving the company before I started, and then they said I had the job. It was really simple.

Negotiation Details – I didn't know how to negotiate then. I was so happy to have that job over the other job I had.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Herndon, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UNICOM Government in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was completely one on one, face to face. Paid for travel to interview. 4 interviews in one day. Very easy to get along with everyone.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Herndon, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at UNICOM Government in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for position while interning for another dept. Was interviewd by a panel composed of staff from the IT department. Very informal and laid back interview. Interview questions consisted mostly of scenarios. Interview only lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Question – Explain your understanding of ITIL and how indiviual parts can be applied to day to day problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was not very willing to negotiate salary. However I was able to negotiate for a re-evaluation of salary upon my 6 month review.

Proposal Writer Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UNICOM Government in July 2010.

Interview Details – Checked GTSI website and applied for a position online. Got phone call from recruiter and began the process. Very detailed phone interview/screening process, then waited a week for a panel interview face to face with two people on the team and a upper-level manager. Interviewed with all three inside an hour and a half, then waited a couple days for the results. Recruiter emailed to say that they were restructuring and that the position had been eliminated for consideration.

Atmosphere was very professional, very clean, very modern office space and building. All interviewers knew their business and were very positive, upbeat, and yet had a casual attitude that was good to see. Unfortunate that the time and effort was put into the interview process for a sudden restructuring at the end of the process.

Interview Question – Willingness to put in long hours.   View Answer

Professional Services Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UNICOM Government in August 2010.

Interview Details – Round 1 of interviewing for a management role in their professional services arm of the company. Initial contact was made by the recruiting team through linkedIn. I was provided with a job description and invited to apply based on past association with a current member of the company.

I provided a resume and the recruited conducted a fairly straight-forward phone screening. Next phase was a series of one-on-one in-person interviews with GTSI managers who currently operate at the same level within the company as the one being applied to. General focus of the discussions in these sessions was current state of the business and general requirements of the position.

Interviews were professional and congenial.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   View Answer
  • If you could bring one person with you from your current company who would it be and why?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UNICOM Government? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UNICOM Government interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by UNICOM Government employees and interview candidates.