UNIT4 Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UNIT4 (Irving, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and HR Manager. They are both in the North America office in Victoria, Canada. An in-person interview was then scheduled several weeks later in their office in Irving, TX. I was provided with "homework" which consisted of putting together a presentation on specific project management topics, plus bring samples of project plans and project documentation. The interview/ presentation was conducted by hiring manager, HR manager, plus two other managers. There was a lot of good discussion during the interview process. While the presentation was a lot of work for the interview I think it is very important since this job is a customer-facing position.

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure you meet your customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

additional week of vacation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UNIT4.

Interview

First a phone call to arrange a first meeting, then if you go through the next step is a kind of personality test. Once they get the result they call you for a technical interview with a senior software engineer that will ask you some questions and test you coding skills, the main objective of this is to see how you think.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was about security and how you could break it.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UNIT4 in April 2015.

Interview

The application was through a recruitment agency, followed by the initial interview (to create candidate's profile). The next interview few days later was with local HR. I was asked about my motivation, background, skills and salary expectations. Additionally, there was a list of questions regarding technical and non-technical knowledge where one should assign 1 to 9 indicating own experience. The next (and last) round was video conference with local HR, a manager and an analyst. Questions were more specific to data-related problems yet still on general level, e.g. can you automate an algorithm, and how, as well as team-related - what characteristics/skills would I look for when hiring new team members? Overall it was a pleasant experience. The data science team is being created from scratch and the company seeking ways to improve their products with data analytics on board. Surprisingly there was no analytical/statistical test or business case to solve, as on similar interviews for data scientist.

Interview Questions

• can you automate an algorithm, and how?   Answer Question
    • what characteristics/skills you would look for when hiring new team members?   Answer Question

UNIT4 Response

May 15, 2015 – Recruitment Manager

Dear new colleague, Welcome to Unit4, I hope you have a great start! Thank for your valuable feedback regarding your interviewing process. Please don't hesitate to contact me or my HR ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UNIT4 (Harrogate, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Went for an interview which consisted of a technical test and a competency interview. Technical test wasn't bad, provided with a booklet of questions spanning Java, C++, XML, SQL, Javascript, and asked to answer the questions that I felt best showed my strengths in 30 minutes. Questions weren't too hard, basically code comprehension, provide outputs etc. Competency interview with two team leaders who were great. Very friendly and easy to get along with. Talked for an hour about my experience, usual competency interview questions about problems you've overcome and so on.

Accepted a role elsewhere

Product Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UNIT4 (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the CMO after being referred through a mutual contact in our network. I spoke with him twice before being interviewed by the VP of Product Marketing. Then I met with the Director of Product Management. All of these interviews happened via phone and Skype given my US based location. The final round of interviews was in Utrecht, NL where I met with the CMO, VP of Product Marketing and the HR Manager. The company flew me out for 2 days and made all of the travel arrangements. The majority of the questions were to check for cultural fit and collaboration skills. I was also asked to speak in detail about previous experiences. The hiring manager (VP of PMM) invited me to dinner that evening and offered me the job at dinner. The overall experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How would you position a new product in the market?   1 Answer

Marketingspecialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sliedrecht (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UNIT4 (Sliedrecht (Netherlands)) in December 2013.

Interview

De sollicitatie bestaat uit vier rondes. Ronde 1: beoordeling met de marketing en HR manager. Ronde 2: beoordeling met teamleden. Ronde 3: beoordeling met marketing en HR manager ( arbeidsvoorwaarden). Ronde 4: Contract ondertekening.

Interview consisted of four stages: Stage 1 - Review with Marketing Manager and HR Manager; Stage 2 - Review with Team Members; Stage 3 - Review with Marketing Manager and HR Manager (benefits plan); Stage 4 - Contract Signing

Interview Questions

• Alle vragen waren erg werk-georiënteerd, dus erg goede gesprekken met het inzoomen op kwaliteit. Geen rare of vage vragen zoals; waar wil je over 10 jaar zijn ofzo.   All questions were very business-related, so very good interviews zooming in on quality. No weird or vague questions like where do you want to be in ten years or something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Onderhandelen is mogelijk, er zijn echter vaste budgetten. Er is dus niet veel ruimte voor veranderingen in de voordelen.

Negotition was possible, however there are fixed budgets. So not a lot of room for changes in benefits.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UNIT4 (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

After very 'protracted' telephone interviews and a mock implementation 'discovery phase 'presentation with a consultant progress report, the company 'decided' to change its hiring plans'. Ok, this would have been credible if that decision was made within a week or two. It took Unit 4 approximately 2+ months to decide this.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions are typical of anyone hiring an ERP consultant.   Answer Question

Online Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at UNIT4 (Harrogate, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I only took part in the first stage interview for this position. The interview was held in Harrogate, UK. The questions were fairly technical based, in particular the SEO side. Typical questions you get at interviews that came up were: Where does your manager think you are today? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How many interviews have you had in your life? What has been the biggest obstacle you have overcome in your life?

Interview Questions

• What happens to a page in Google when it is 302 redirected?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granada (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UNIT4 (Granada (Spain)) in April 2010.

Interview

First contact by telephone to check english level. Second: general interview. Third: technical interview and videoconferencie with managers from head office at norway.

Interview Questions

• The last interview took more than two hours. Also included a psycotechnical test   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UNIT4 in January 2009.

Interview

1 phone interview 1:1 interview Group and Manager interview

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience implementing solutions   1 Answer