UOP Chemical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UOP.

They intereviewed right after the career fair at my University. Then very next day, no online application or anything. Took my resume and scheduled in my time slot and everything.

The interview itself wasn't very hard. A couple personal/behavior questions. They glanced over parts of my resume but I think we spent most of the time talking about the company itself.

After that I was given an acceptance letter for their second round interviews within a week or two. Their second round interviews are on site so they had us travel to Des Plaines, Ill. They're very flexible with their travel arrangements as I had to cancel on the first group of second round interviews. You spend two days(Thursday and Friday) in Des Plaines.

They call this second round interviews Fantastic Friday. It includes plant tours and social meeting with employees in the company

The second round interviews are much harder with three groups interviewing. Usually each group is made of two or three people. The questions are very resume focused asking you a lot of technical questions about my resume. Still not a bad thing just gets tiring having to answer very similair questions each round of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you expect to be in 5-10 years. It's not a hard question but it's VERY important to them because of their business model.   View Answer
  • How do you believe your work on your resume relates to the company and how can your expertise help the company?   Answer Question
There really isn't a negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for UOP

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UOP in October 2011.

The fly you to a hotel in Chicago NW suburbs. 1 or 2 engineers and 1 HR person will interview. They ask you typical questions:

-Where do you see yourself in X years?
    -What was the most difficult thing you've overcome?
    -Will you work long hours?
    etc.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, or questions about engineering/science.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UOP in October 2011.

Very easy going interview. They flew me to Des Plaines, Il and paid for a hotel. The interview was a simple 30 minute interview with the rest of the day consisting of presentations and a tour of the pilot plant.