UOP

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.1

Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UOP.

They intereviewed right after the career fair at my University. Then very next day, no online application or anything. Took my resume and scheduled in my time slot and everything.

The interview itself wasn't very hard. A couple personal/behavior questions. They glanced over parts of my resume but I think we spent most of the time talking about the company itself.

After that I was given an acceptance letter for their second round interviews within a week or two. Their second round interviews are on site so they had us travel to Des Plaines, Ill. They're very flexible with their travel arrangements as I had to cancel on the first group of second round interviews. You spend two days(Thursday and Friday) in Des Plaines.

They call this second round interviews Fantastic Friday. It includes plant tours and social meeting with employees in the company

The second round interviews are much harder with three groups interviewing. Usually each group is made of two or three people. The questions are very resume focused asking you a lot of technical questions about my resume. Still not a bad thing just gets tiring having to answer very similair questions each round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you expect to be in 5-10 years. It's not a hard question but it's VERY important to them because of their business model.   View Answer
    • How do you believe your work on your resume relates to the company and how can your expertise help the company?   Answer Question
    There really isn't a negotiation phase.

Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UOP in October 2014.

Went to an info session at school, applied the next day at a job fair, invited for an inperson interview the next day and then invited to Fantastic Friday the day after that. The interviews are very casual so there is nothing to worry about. There are no technical questions as they are not trying to throw you off, they are just looking for the very best candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to choose quantity over quality.   View Answer

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UOP.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I got the first round interview from a college career fair. They called me a few days later for a second round interview at their headquarters. It was a two day event and we were able to take a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite class? Least favorite?
      Explain a situation where you failed. Explain how you recovered.

Answer Question

Full Time Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UOP in September 2014.

Got interview the day after the career fair at school. They called me the evening to inform about the interview. Told me to hear back after a week or two

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Prepare on why you want to work here and team work exp   Answer Question

Engineer/Scientist R&D I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UOP.

Phone screen was with a very pleasant and professional HR representative and lasted around 30 minutes. Got called in 2 weeks later for an in-person interview on site. Interview lasted 3 hours and consisted of a panel interview that lasted an hour with 3 employees, followed by 4 one-on-one interviews. Questions were very detail oriented into my past research experiences. Questions about attention to detail and safety were also very common.

Interview Questions
    • What are some qualities in others that you find it easy to work with?   View Answer

Research Scientist/Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UOP.

I applied through website, got phone interview 1 week after. All questions are behavior questions. Questions are not hard to answer, you just need to prepare for them. I didn't go further, I guess my answer didn't make recruiter satisfied or they found better candidate.

Technical Specialist Interview

3 phone interviews then a day long onsite interview

Chemical Engineering Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UOP.

Went through interview on campus and then a hiring event. At the event, there was a social dinner and then interviews and plant tour the next day

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral and make sure you know what they do and why you want to work for them   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UOP.

Introduced self at college career fair.
    Invited for campus interview the next day (conversational).
    Invited for 1-day on-site interview, along with all other second round interview candidates.

Research & Development Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UOP.

I had one phone screen with the hiring manager, and a 3-hour in-person interview with 4 other managers. The interview was interactive and pleasant, followed by a tour of the laboratories and facilities. I have been asked general questions about my experience /background, and specific technical questions about my previous projects and contribution to previous employers.