UOP

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Des Plaines, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at UOP in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to them through a colleague. I received an informal interview by phone to gauge my interest in the position. The following week had a more formal interview and was scheduled for an onsite interview. The onsite interview commenced with a short tour of the facility and then about an hour presentation in front of many members of the technical staff. Following in the presentation I had a hour and a half discussion with a panel of experts. The questions were difficult and they tried to probe what I did and didn't know. When I didn't know they tried to determine whether or not I could figure out the answer to a problem. Very fast paced, very technically oriented discussion. Following lunch, I was given a more comprehensive tour of the facility and then met with the hiring manager for an hour. The one-on-one seemed to probe personality and my wanted to determine how bad I really wanted to work there. After that had one final meeting with my soon-to-be boss and it was over. Almost exactly one week later I received a phone call asking me if I wanted to work with them. I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Awkward, simply because I am not good at negotiating. I would recommend that people be fully able to substantiate their requested salary to the hiring manager.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at UOP

Worked for UOP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UOP Technical Consultant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by UOP employees and interview candidates.