UOP

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at UOP in February 2011.

I was referred to them through a colleague. I received an informal interview by phone to gauge my interest in the position. The following week had a more formal interview and was scheduled for an onsite interview. The onsite interview commenced with a short tour of the facility and then about an hour presentation in front of many members of the technical staff. Following in the presentation I had a hour and a half discussion with a panel of experts. The questions were difficult and they tried to probe what I did and didn't know. When I didn't know they tried to determine whether or not I could figure out the answer to a problem. Very fast paced, very technically oriented discussion. Following lunch, I was given a more comprehensive tour of the facility and then met with the hiring manager for an hour. The one-on-one seemed to probe personality and my wanted to determine how bad I really wanted to work there. After that had one final meeting with my soon-to-be boss and it was over. Almost exactly one week later I received a phone call asking me if I wanted to work with them. I happily accepted.

Interview Questions
Awkward, simply because I am not good at negotiating. I would recommend that people be fully able to substantiate their requested salary to the hiring manager.