UPMC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I first met with HR to go over general benefits and job description, then met with the clinical manager for an in-depth interview regarding my skills and job performance.
    HR was very helpful in answering my questions regarding benefits and the job interview process - they did a good job of describing UPMC's philosophies and goals.
    The interview with the clinical manager was helpful and standard, described the work duties, the schedule, etc. I was taken in to meet the over employees and was taken on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job experiences
      What area do you feel you have the most experience
      How flexible are you with working weekends and holidays

Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First filled out lengthy application online requiring all work experience for past ten years with supervisor contact information as available. Met on site for interview with director of therapy and lead physical therapist. Both were very pleasant and professional. The interview ended with a tour of the facility and introduction to various staff members.

Interview Questions

• "I'm going to ask you questions regarding how you have demonstrated or failed to demonstrate each of upmc's five core values."   Answer Question

Clinical Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview process. Start to finish was a couple of months, as it was a month after I submitted my resume before they called me for an interview, and despite their saying that they wanted to fill the position sooner than later, they still didn't call back about the job for another month after the interview. I was quite sure I didn't have the position, in fact, and was actively pursuing another job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied it online, the application process is fussy, always asked me to check the answer before I submit the application.The website need to improve. But the interview process is quite simple, just two round, one for technical and one for HR. For the technical part, they asked me some algorithm design questions.

Hospital Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPMC.

Interview

took a while to call after I filled out an online application. The interview was one on one. very straight to the point. normal interview discussed qualification, job details, and etc. HR called a week after the interview to let me know i got the job.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you used exceptional customer service skills   Answer Question

Warehouser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

The interview was very laid back with 2 people just asking some general questions about why you applied and your previous work experiences. No pressure whatsoever while the interview was being conducted. I wore a shirt and tie but it certainly was not a necessity after seeing what some others wore to their interviews and were offered jobs.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UPMC.

Interview

The Interview Process is VERY LONG.

1) You visit the UPMC careers website and submit an application to the Floater Pool for Patient Access Representatives. UPMC is always hiring patient access representativies (also called patient information coordinators) because people in this position tend to either get promoted after a year or two into a different role or leave the company all together.
    2) Two weeks later, someone from HR will call you and have a phone interview with you.
    3) If the phone interview goes well, you will then have a face-to-face interview with a supervisor for the Floater Pool.
    3) If the second interview goes well, UPMC will go ahead and try to find a placement site for you. During the next three or more weeks, you get numerous calls from different UPMC facilities asking to interview you. At this point, you need to pray that you get placed soon because all of the traveling and interview starts to get frustrating.

I went to three site interviews and I did very well. The only problem was I was over-qualified. I have a bachelor's degree with a lot of healthcare experience. People that take this job usually don't have bachelor's degree and don't have a lot of work experience. After the third interview, I was offered a great position at another healthcare company and I decided to not proceed with the Floater Pool.

I think this would be a great position for someone that is looking for an entry-level position at UPMC and doesn't have much work experience or education. From there, you would work your way up in the UPMC healthcare system and eventually become a supervisor, manager, etc.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to work in healthcare?
      2) Do you have any hospital experience in scheduling patients and checking in/out patients?
      3) You already have a lot of work experience in healthcare. Why do you decided to apply for this position?
      4) Describe an instance in which you had to face a difficult patient or customer. How did you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About a month or so later, I received a phone call about setting up an interview. Met face-to-face with the PI and other employees who worked in the same laboratory. They all mainly asked the same questions. UPMC has pretty standardized questions, so the interview wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I haven't heard anything at all.

Interview Questions

• What quality do you think is most important for this position.   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first applied online multiple times for multiple jobs and finally got a call to schedule a phone interview for housekeeping at presby. I did my phone interview which was basically a run down of what was on my application and was invited to a group interview 2 weeks later. In between those two I also got a call for the same position at shadyside, I told them I was taking the offer at presby and they told me good luck and if that didnt work out to call them back. The group interview was interesting, we watch a video on customer service and then the two managers asked the six of us the same questions based on the video. Just smile and give good answers without copying what everyone else is saying. After the group interview as I was leaving one of the managers shook my hand and told me not to worry, that Id already got the job. A few days went by and I was called to schedule a final one on one interview. About a week later i went for the final interview and he said he knew he was going to offer me the job so he just gave me a run down of various duties. A few days later i scheduled a pre employment physical for about 2 weeks later. The physical involved a weight check, blood draw, pee test and a test to see if you can fit the duck bill masks. I started working about 2 weeks after that. Orientation is paid. All in all very long process but worth it because the pay and perks are better than everywhere else.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Leave Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted about a month later for a brief phone interview with basic questions and an elaboration on the job description. Scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. Met with 4 individuals for a panel-style interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. Was told that this would be the only interview and I would be given a decision in about two weeks. Heard back over a month later that my experience did not fit the position well enough, but was encouraged to apply again when I gained more experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain the FMLA application process, FMLA entitlement, and what types of conditions qualify.   Answer Question