UPMC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Very informational. I liked they were more interested in me fitting in with the culture, I guess they already knew I had the skill set to be apart of their team. I've been working for a third party executive search firm for close to 2 years.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of questions like, "tell me a time when you.." or "In this situation, what would you do."   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

The process was very easy and the interviewer's were kind. The questions were typically from HR and included questions were generally to "tell me about a time when" type

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

easy process. general questions about quality assurance, basic coding questions. showed the entire workplace after the interview. be confident dress well. 1st there was a phone interview and then an onsite interview with the leads one on one. then interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter. Contacted by the Food Service Manager who said she received my resume and wanted to schedule an interview. Lots of calling back and forth, leaving messages. Wanted to make sure that I applied online before coming in for the interview. Met and toured the facility. Interview lasted about an hour. Asked standard behavioral questions that were from a list and wrote down the answers as I talked. Was told that there were about 4 other candidates and I would hear from HR if I was selected or not. Did not hear anything, but saw that the position was filled on my saved jobs online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...all questions dealing with managing employees and dealing with issues in those situations.   Answer Question

Leave Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the department manager a few weeks later. She contacted me over the weekend which was great because I didn't have to sneak around at my current job to return her phone call. She gave a detailed overview of the position and she threw out a few days/times that would work for an interview. I told her I'd get back to her on Monday. It took her until Wednesday to respond to my and didn't officially confirm my interview until the day before. She showed up late to my interview and answered emails while the 3 others I met with got to know me a little better. After the panel was done, I spent a few minutes with the manager. She asked my salary range and verified it on my application. Her response was "that's a problem". Someone didn't do their do-diligence in checking that prior to me coming in for an interview. It was a complete waste of everyone's time. I had been warned by several friends about working for UPMC prior to my interview but thought I would check it out myself. The people in the leave department seem great but the manager put a bad taste in my mouth with the lack of respect she had shown--showing up late, not dedicating time for my interview, not checking my salary requirements or raising the question sooner. Even if offered a position with UPMC, I would decline.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical interview questions. Tell me about the most challenging situation you've dealt with.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a call for a phone interview, took 30 minutes. Interview questions consisted of telling about the job and asking about my past experience. The next day I got a call for scheduling an in person interview. The in person interview asked questions about past experience and asked me my teammate style (like communication, managing a team, etc.) And then they told me that I would hear within a few weeks about the offer or no offer.

Systems Analyst - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very brief and pointless. They only interview people so that they can meet laws and regulations. They usually already have someone picked before the interviews begin. UPMC is just one giant corruption. I am looking elsewhere.

Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I first met with HR to go over general benefits and job description, then met with the clinical manager for an in-depth interview regarding my skills and job performance. HR was very helpful in answering my questions regarding benefits and the job interview process - they did a good job of describing UPMC's philosophies and goals. The interview with the clinical manager was helpful and standard, described the work duties, the schedule, etc. I was taken in to meet the over employees and was taken on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job experiences What area do you feel you have the most experience How flexible are you with working weekends and holidays   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First filled out lengthy application online requiring all work experience for past ten years with supervisor contact information as available. Met on site for interview with director of therapy and lead physical therapist. Both were very pleasant and professional. The interview ended with a tour of the facility and introduction to various staff members.

Interview Questions

• "I'm going to ask you questions regarding how you have demonstrated or failed to demonstrate each of upmc's five core values."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied it online, the application process is fussy, always asked me to check the answer before I submit the application.The website need to improve. But the interview process is quite simple, just two round, one for technical and one for HR. For the technical part, they asked me some algorithm design questions.