UPMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UPMC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was brought in for an initial interview with the PI, and essentially told I would have the job as long as everything went through HR ok. I was set up to have a second interview with the rest of the staff a week later and then it took about a month for me to get contacted by someone in HR with an offer.

Interview Question – None, just basic questions about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at UPMC.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later and asked to schedule a 30 min. phone interview. After a phone interview with one of the hiring decision makers I was asked to come in for an in person interview the next week. The in-person interview consisted of a one-on-one interview, and then a second 2-on-1 interview with the hiring manager and another colleague.

The interview was relatively straightforward and easy if you were prepared for standard project management questions and ready to answer your experience.

After the interview, I was contacted about 10 days later with an offer by the recruiter. I attempted to negotiate because the offer was on the low-side, but they were not open to negotiation, which I've commonly heard about UPMC.

Interview Question – If you were asked to do something on a technical project and what was asked to be done was not possible, what would you do? How would you communicate this back to management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were unwilling to negotiate.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at UPMC in February 2010.

Interview Details – Tour of the hospital, overall explanation of what is expected of each satallite.

Interview Question – Why choose hospital pharmacy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiationing.

Finance Summer Associate Interview

Finance Summer Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPMC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at the campus career fair and she offered me a on campus interview the next day. After the first round I was invited for the 2nd round at their main office at Pittsburgh

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set salary for the summer so no negotiation

Director Interview

Director
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UPMC.

Interview Details – 1) Phone Screening.
2) In-person interview with a panel of multiple people (people from other depts that you'd work with; not your direct reports).
3) In-person interview with your boss + dotted-line boss

Interview Question – The usual behavioral questions + clarification questions for past experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimum negotiation. Stringent brackets/levels/ranges for each employment type so there isn't much room anyway.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at UPMC in April 2012.

Interview Details – Not so bad. As pain-free as possible.

Interview Question – Unable to Answer   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UPMC in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview at Childrens went great. However, I did not hear anything about the job (and I was one of 2 individuals being considered) until very long time after the interview.

Interview Question – All questions were text book questions from all of the interview material online everywhere. Questions that do not even matter to the position.   Answer Question

Senior Contract Analyst Interview

Senior Contract Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UPMC.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted within two weeks. Interviewed the following week. Aside from the security guard who paged the manager when I arrived, I didn't have any contact with any other employees aside from the hiring manager. Interview was about two hours. Took about another week until I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Question – About 25% related to my background and past experiences with the remaining 75% consisting of behavioral-type questions. Nothing unusual, difficult, or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just an initial offer over the phone and my counteroffer which was acceptable to the hiring manager.

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPMC in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was done very well, made you feel comfortable. talked about the job duties then took a tour of the hospital and was shown empty rooms and how the rooms where cleaned. Once the tour was over the interviewer shook hands "said very nice to meet you we will be going over the apps." very nice interview.

Interview Question – Can't say there was one it was a very good smooth interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy!

Contract Analyst Interview

Contract Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UPMC in July 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was about three months. I submitted my application in April, got a call back in June for a phone interview, and eventually interviewed right after the 4th of July. I started working there in August. There were three interviews, but thankfully they were all in the same day, and they made their decision within 2 weeks of the interviews.

Interview Question – Memorize all those Excel functions you learned in your freshman year of college computer science class.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – UPMC really does not budge on salary negotiations. I thought it was about 7-10k lower than I thought it would be, but ended up negotiating for an additional $1000 from the offer.