UPMC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UPMC.

Interview

I applied in January 2013 and wasn't officially extended a position until late April 2013. Phone interview, as well as an online questionnaire, followed by in person interviews. Interviews were fairly easy, as was the questionnaire as long as you are a decent and honest person. Also, hiring is contingent on successful background check and UPMC administered drug test (dip-stick test at employee health). Dependent on position, you need state, FBI fingerprinting, and child abuse clearances (which you pay for out of your own pocket). In float pool, you will go to almost any UPMC facility (usually emergency departments or other departments that need a PIC) so be prepared to travel to East (in Monroeville) one day, to Cranberry the next.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle your most difficult customer/client/patient?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really.

TDC Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPMC.

Interview

One HR phone interview about experiences in coursework and extracurriculars. On site interview was a behavioral interview with a panel of executives that asked about relevant coursework and explained what my role would be.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first time I went in I talked to one woman from HR, the second time was a panel of three HR reps, and the final interview was with the head of the HR department alone. The interviews were done over the course of 3 weeks and they let me know the next day that i had the job

Interview Questions

• What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

While employees there were upbeat and positive, I personally was not impressed with the overall process. They expressed great interest with me. I was out of the country, returning on a Tuesday scheduled per their request for an interview Wednesday. I had to engage weeks later for any sort of feedback, reaching out for contact. Unengaging process, not respectful of time, made me not apply further.

PT Interview

Interview

received a phone call days after application submitted, set up interview, and was told during interview would not hear back for 2-3 weeks - got offered the job in about 1.5 weeks.

Clinician Interview

Interview

Fine, no major concerns, the questions were expected. The interview process went smoothly and it was timely. Human resources was good about the interview time and date. The location was easy to find. GPS did not get me lost as I had expected it to in the city and it sometimes does get me lost. This can get frustrating when you can;t find your interview.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPMC.

Interview

I was contacted because the recruiter found me on an internet job board site. I was unable to attend the interview open house he invited me to because of an injury. I was soon able to go onsite for an interview, but he stopped returning calls and emails. The job is still posted.

All that was really expected, was for him to be a professional and set expectations. I would have really enjoyed this work, but he didn't have the decency to just email me back with any explanation. It's called being a grown up, and a professional. And he's the one who came to me in the first place.

The experience has soured me on this company. I won't apply there for anything in the future.

Interview Questions

• I would say that the lack of follow up was difficult and unexpected.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

you need to go on the company website to apply. they call and you come in for interview have your interview and then wait until human resources contact you if you get the job then you need to go through medical clearances and from there your hired

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Interviews were straight forward and efficient. No hard-ball questions. Enough time to ask questions. Hiring process was also efficient and smooth. They seem very organized and make sure to be in contact with the process of things if you call and question about anything.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical scenario queries. Tell about a time...questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UPMC.

Interview

I applied for the job and was contacted approximately one month later. After getting contacted, they wanted to have a phone interview within that week. The phone interview was pretty basic and went over the details of my resume. After the phone interview, I waited another week until I was invited to an in-person interview. The interview only lasted about a half hour. The interviewers created a laid-back, comfortable environment and most questions were behavioral-based. Some were basic behavioral questions, but some were quite challenging and kept me on my toes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went against the grain and made an unpopular decision. How did people respond?   Answer Question