UPMC Research Specialist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPMC in June 2010.

The woman who hired me was a professor at the University of Pittsburgh. She interviewed candidates, selected the person she wanted to hire, and had UPMC extend an offer. The process with UPMC took a while, I have never had such a thourough background check! The only reason the process was so quick is that my future boss had them rush it as the staff member I was replacing had a specified end date and she wanted me to be at least slightly trained by her.

Interview Questions
There is pretty much no negotiation with UPMC and the raises are mimimal.

Other Interview Reviews for UPMC

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at UPMC in June 2009.

Initial phone interview, followed by a visit to the laboratory and an interview with key personel.
    This included presentations by staff and postdoctoral associates on their work with the expectation that I would comment, question and review their presentation.
    There was also a lunch and discussion through lunch on laboratory managerial issues, such as the methods for ordering and management of staff and hierachy.

Interview Questions

Worked for UPMC? Contribute to the Community!