UPS

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in March 2012.

Interview Details – You will first take a personality test to determine if you will move on to the actual interviews. You will then interview with 3 or 4 managers in a panel where they will ask you detailed questions about your work history and interactions with customers and how it would relate to sales at UPS. After that interview if you are recommended for hire, you will meet with HR and an offer will be made.

Interview Question – This was tough because I interviewed so long ago, but it would probably have to do with teamwork that lead to problem solving. No two interviews will be the same because of the panel style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would suggest not taking the very first offer, however, someone off the street will make more than an internal candidate.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in November 2009.

Interview Details – the process was very thorough. Each and every step was easy to understand and provided me clear insight to the position and the expectations of the job. Everyone was very professional and had my best interest in mind.

Interview Question – The panel interviews were challenging. It involved at least three people that asked very challenging questions. It was a long process but untimately worthwhile.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. I firm and fair offer was given that included very good benefits.

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UPS in June 2009.

Interview Details – total of 7 interviews, including one panel interview with a role play.

Interview Question – business case, you had to read it and then sell the product to the panel by asking all the right questions etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – long process, several interviews and much time in between

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in October 2011.

Interview Details – This is a somewhat lengthy interview process. Starts with online application, followed by an intelligance test and a general "interview" over the phone, which is more just confirming all of the information you submitted. Then brought in for a group/panel interview, which includes a role play/presentation along with several in-depth questions. Overall not bad.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UPS in January 2008.

Interview Details – The (Business Development) hiring process takes way too long! They bait you with a computer-based assessment and phone interview. Later a face-to-face interview. Without warning, you walk in and find out it is going to be a panel interview along with an impromptu role play!

Interview Question – The panel interview is be made up of SIX people with most of them Area Sales Managers. Each randomly asks questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not open to negotiation. Take it or leave it!

Sparks, NV

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in December 2011.

Interview Details – Several Questions on personality and compatibility with company versus my last profession. Not a long interview but being prepared for a long interview gave me a huge advantage and confidence.

Interview Questions

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UPS in April 2010.

Interview Details – If you are coming in from the outside there are a lot of tests and background checks that take place before you can be hired. If you are interviewing for a position internally you still have the process of taking some test and multiple interviews. You must have a great work ethic to work in this industry.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you were able to sell value over price to win business.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2010.

Interview Details – I found the process to be challenging and engaging. One of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I think that UPS is a great place to work. If I could do it all over again I would have spent more time reviewing the materials prior to the interview.

Interview Question – How many marbles can you fit in a Rolls Royce and how?   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in October 2009.

Interview Details – Business Development always interviews through a panel interview process. Usually, HR, training manager, and another manager are in the panel interviews. Keep your answers short and concise. Take your time during interview to write down question and think about specific answer. UPS is very much by the book, and if you do apply for a position, it won't hurt to look at specific company policies to use during interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of strategy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. It is understood internally that negotiations for pay don't look good on the employee.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 5 people. The panel consists of Area Sales Managers, HR, and Directors.

Interview Question – Role play- You are given a packet with a sales scenario. They allow 20mins for you to step out of the room to brainstorm strategy. Once let back in you and a member of the panel act out the sales call.   Answer Question

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!