UPS

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.7

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in March 2012.

You will first take a personality test to determine if you will move on to the actual interviews. You will then interview with 3 or 4 managers in a panel where they will ask you detailed questions about your work history and interactions with customers and how it would relate to sales at UPS. After that interview if you are recommended for hire, you will meet with HR and an offer will be made.

Interview Questions
  • This was tough because I interviewed so long ago, but it would probably have to do with teamwork that lead to problem solving. No two interviews will be the same because of the panel style.   Answer Question
I would suggest not taking the very first offer, however, someone off the street will make more than an internal candidate.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in December 2011.

Several Questions on personality and compatibility with company versus my last profession. Not a long interview but being prepared for a long interview gave me a huge advantage and confidence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2011.

This is a somewhat lengthy interview process. Starts with online application, followed by an intelligance test and a general "interview" over the phone, which is more just confirming all of the information you submitted. Then brought in for a group/panel interview, which includes a role play/presentation along with several in-depth questions. Overall not bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UPS in May 2011.

Multiple interviews. First a skills/personality test followed by two panel interviews. The job offer came one day after the second panel interview and was done over the phone. Very little room for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions are unpredictable and the interviewers can throw curve balls. Be prepared for anything!   Answer Question
    very little room for negotiation. They have caps on salaries per position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in May 2010.

I found the process to be challenging and engaging. One of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I think that UPS is a great place to work. If I could do it all over again I would have spent more time reviewing the materials prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How many marbles can you fit in a Rolls Royce and how?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UPS in April 2010.

If you are coming in from the outside there are a lot of tests and background checks that take place before you can be hired. If you are interviewing for a position internally you still have the process of taking some test and multiple interviews. You must have a great work ethic to work in this industry.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you were able to sell value over price to win business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in November 2009.

the process was very thorough. Each and every step was easy to understand and provided me clear insight to the position and the expectations of the job. Everyone was very professional and had my best interest in mind.

Interview Questions
    • The panel interviews were challenging. It involved at least three people that asked very challenging questions. It was a long process but untimately worthwhile.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. I firm and fair offer was given that included very good benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2009.

Business Development always interviews through a panel interview process. Usually, HR, training manager, and another manager are in the panel interviews. Keep your answers short and concise. Take your time during interview to write down question and think about specific answer. UPS is very much by the book, and if you do apply for a position, it won't hurt to look at specific company policies to use during interview.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate. It is understood internally that negotiations for pay don't look good on the employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UPS in June 2009.

total of 7 interviews, including one panel interview with a role play.

Interview Questions
    • business case, you had to read it and then sell the product to the panel by asking all the right questions etc.   Answer Question
    long process, several interviews and much time in between

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS in January 2008.

The (Business Development) hiring process takes way too long! They bait you with a computer-based assessment and phone interview. Later a face-to-face interview. Without warning, you walk in and find out it is going to be a panel interview along with an impromptu role play!

Interview Questions
    • The panel interview is be made up of SIX people with most of them Area Sales Managers. Each randomly asks questions.   Answer Question
    Not open to negotiation. Take it or leave it!