UPS

1.4

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Thr0ugh the Snagajob website, I applied and was directed to the online application at UPS.com. I filled out background information, education and work experience. I answered some additional questions basic questions. Once I submitted the application I was contacted to come in for an interview and told to bring with me two forms of identification such as a drivers license and passport. When I arrived at the interview I was asked to read and complete as additional online application. After completing that, I was called in for a one on one interview. It was very basic and only lasted 10-15n minutes. I was asked a few questions about my work experience and why I wanted the job. I was provided information about the job and included an explanation of the basic job tasks. I was told once paper work was processed, I would be contacted to attend an orientation and training session.

Interview Questions
    straight forward. I was told exactly what I would be making and the basic terms of employment as a part time seasonal position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Very simple and concise, applied during the holiday season offered the job immediately. Was asked ABIUT my school schedule & how long would I see myself working for the company

Interview Questions

I'm a frail 20 year old college student the work out conflicted with my schedule & they couldn't promise that I wouldn't be required to lift 70lbs items

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Addison August 2014, applied on line. Then immediately directed to set up an interview appointment.
    A few drop down menus to set up date and time (all very accommodating) and you are set. I set the interview up for the the following day.

The process was all very simple.

Interview Questions
    • Very low key office, looks like you are inside a temporary building. Surprised at the "shabbiness" of it (for lack of a better word). Didn't really get to any questions, job explained, NO guaranteed hours, at $8.50 an hour. I thanked her, apologized for wasting her time, she apologized that the the listed job is not more explicit in explaining hours and wage, I left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Okay so I first applied online and immediately after they set up an appointment (right after you fill out the application it sets up and appointment) at there main cooperation in Addison. I drove there and they told me about the job and everything I should expect. Then I finished the rest of the application there. They make copies of your two forms of Id. After that they set up a tour. I went to the tour. They show ou everything from the trucks to inside the truck and how they should be ordered and how everything has a place. After the tour I got called later that day cause the supervisor really liked me. He was like "I want her" haha so that's about it and I have orientation on Tuesday :)

Interview Questions
    They actually told me if I didn't like something or it's to hard I can try other areas cause there's something for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied online and got an interview that same day, I rescheduled the interview for the next day so I could be better prepared. I was interviewed by an African American lady - at first she looked kind of mean/strict but throughout the interview she turned out to be really nice & cool.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview she basically just wanted to know about my previous jobs - what made me apply at UPS? And things like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiating - but after 40 days you can get promoted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Super easy interview, most of it is just to confirm things on your app, but there is a massive catch: the main one being that the pay is LAUGHABLE for work you'll be putting into one shift, and they know it.

Add in the fact that it's an unsafe working environment at best, and that the job description lies about the 70 pounds thing (you'll have to lift over 70's when putting in or unloading "bulk") and again, the meager pay, I'll just flat out say you're better off literally flipping burgers than risking your neck as a "package handler" at UPS.

Oh, and if you're thinking of going in at the bottom and trying to move up, think again! They have a "non-rehire" policy, so if you suck at loading or unloading, or you full time supervisor doesn't like you, you'll never be able to work for the company again!

So think hard before you pursue this position.

Interview Questions
    • None. Depending on the HR rep you get, they might toss in "Why do you want to work for UPS" or "What does safety mean to you?", but they really use the 40 day work period as the interview.

The hard part is getting a call back.

Answer Question
    None. $8.50. Take it or leave it.

Driver, Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Standard questions, concerned with how long you will stay, they ask for a one year commitment. Explained hours and what was expected from you. Easy process HR very friendly and helpful

There is none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in March 2014.

I filled the application online, went for two interviews. The first interview was basically some stuff they wanted to confirm liked name, address, phone number,etc. One question I got asked was, Why did you apply for the job?. The second interview I went to was a tour of the facility, were they show you how the job is being done. At the end of the interview they gave me a sheet of paper where they told me to call someone back for a star date. I'm still waiting to be called back.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UPS in January 2014.

Was a three step process.

none

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in December 2013.

I applied through the upsjobs website. I scheduled an appointment for an interview online right after completing the application. If an interview appointment is not available for your preferred location you can pick a time for a location close by. The HR office at the facility I interviewed at was small and there were only seven applicants there. The HR manager started by giving the group a basic overview of the job (appearance guidelines, proper footwear, pay) and then interviewed us one on one. The manager went over the application to make sure everything was correct and asked some basic questions: can you lift 70 pounds?, do you have reliable transportation?, have you been convicted of a felony?, are you currently employed? I was told that if my background check came back clean (usually about a day or two) I would be called for orientation.

Interview Questions

I felt ill right after the interview.