UPS

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – 2 interviews were completed. I was given a business card and was able to e-mail the interviewer with additional questions later. It was very comfortable and relaxed, but they tend to go through hiring spurts. I was one of probably 50 to 100 employees hired at the time. Now they only hire through a temp agency.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in January 2014.

Interview Details – do not be late! They are most concerned with attendance and punctuality, not qualified candidates. The secretary at the front desk takes note of who comes in first. So BE first because that means you will get the first interview. Small orientation type discussion followed by a two-person interview.

I had a nice personal resume on a light blue color and they were very impressed with it but Ashley was not impressed with the .20/page cost.

Make sure you can explain any absences in the work force. My 3 week gap has been filled with job searching but that wasn't a good response because it was assumed that I was not a qualified candidate for those other positions.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Before you begin the hiring process, you must first apply at upsjobs.com and once you fill out a online application, you are later (within about the next 2 weeks or sooner) notified about a orientation that the HR is having and they provide you with the information on the time and place of the orientation. During the orientation, which is the first step of the hiring process, they show you around the work place, and the HR rep will give you in depth information on the type of work you will be doing, and answer any questions you have. Later further on from the orientation, the HR will pull you aside ask you questions and see if UPS is a good fit for you, and if so, they will keep in touch with you.

Interview Question – Not so tough   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Columbia, SC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UPS in August 2009.

Interview Details – College sign up in career services

Interview Question – Do you ever regret a job decision ever made?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in May 2008.

Interview Details – application via web, at that time was due to pass an online test. If passed the test you were notified via email and than interviewed by phone (simple questions about personal life). The second interview was on site with HR recruiter and the team leader. Interview based on previous experiences, about the company.

Interview Question – how manage an irritate customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotation possible

Customer Service Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Process was ok, however it consisted mainly of me answering hypothetical questions that would never happen. I've been in sales for 4+ years and the questions were absurd. They also mentioned that they would call back regardless, and never called

Interview Question – If a customer immediately cursed you out, would you curse back at them or hang up the phone?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Interview Details – it was okay, i wish that interviews consisted of testing out if you can really perform the job, without having to talk about and go through processes where people are put in uncomfortable positions. But I do agree that it is neccessary,, and since that's the way it is, we must adapt. And with that being said, we must learn ourselves more, in order to better sale ourselves to employers so we can receive better jobs and live better lives.

Interview Questions

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!