UPS

Updated Sep 10, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview was at the warehouse with the HR department. The actual position is HR assistant. The interview was scheduled at 9. Five other people showed up for the same position. The HR person described detail of job and answered any questions.

Interview Questions
  • If a person approach you on the street would you be backing away or forward and friendly ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

2 interviews were completed. I was given a business card and was able to e-mail the interviewer with additional questions later. It was very comfortable and relaxed, but they tend to go through hiring spurts. I was one of probably 50 to 100 employees hired at the time. Now they only hire through a temp agency.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Before you begin the hiring process, you must first apply at upsjobs.com and once you fill out a online application, you are later (within about the next 2 weeks or sooner) notified about a orientation that the HR is having and they provide you with the information on the time and place of the orientation. During the orientation, which is the first step of the hiring process, they show you around the work place, and the HR rep will give you in depth information on the type of work you will be doing, and answer any questions you have. Later further on from the orientation, the HR will pull you aside ask you questions and see if UPS is a good fit for you, and if so, they will keep in touch with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UPS in January 2014.

do not be late! They are most concerned with attendance and punctuality, not qualified candidates. The secretary at the front desk takes note of who comes in first. So BE first because that means you will get the first interview. Small orientation type discussion followed by a two-person interview.

I had a nice personal resume on a light blue color and they were very impressed with it but Ashley was not impressed with the .20/page cost.

Make sure you can explain any absences in the work force. My 3 week gap has been filled with job searching but that wasn't a good response because it was assumed that I was not a qualified candidate for those other positions.

Interview Questions
    • What have you been doing since your last job?   View Answer
    • Explain why are no longer at those jobs.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UPS in August 2009.

College sign up in career services

Interview Questions
    • Do you ever regret a job decision ever made?   View Answer
    none

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview Process was ok, however it consisted mainly of me answering hypothetical questions that would never happen. I've been in sales for 4+ years and the questions were absurd. They also mentioned that they would call back regardless, and never called

Interview Questions
    • If a customer immediately cursed you out, would you curse back at them or hang up the phone?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in January 2010.

it was okay, i wish that interviews consisted of testing out if you can really perform the job, without having to talk about and go through processes where people are put in uncomfortable positions. But I do agree that it is neccessary,, and since that's the way it is, we must adapt. And with that being said, we must learn ourselves more, in order to better sale ourselves to employers so we can receive better jobs and live better lives.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in May 2008.

application via web, at that time was due to pass an online test. If passed the test you were notified via email and than interviewed by phone (simple questions about personal life). The second interview was on site with HR recruiter and the team leader. Interview based on previous experiences, about the company.

no negotation possible