UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Disorganized dog-and-pony show; two-day process for me to discover it is a come-on. I applied online on a Thursday. The system gave me an appointment immediately for the following Monday at 2pm. I was one of about 25 candidates. The HR rep gave us a rundown of the job, pay, benefits, etc. Those of us still interested were told to come back for interviews the next day. We did, all for the same time, and were told the rep would be an hour late. "How do you interview everyone at once?" you might ask. You don't. So the process took HOURS. It is much like going for a civil service job--you wait, and wait, and wait, and get jerked around.

I came to find out UPS is not really serious about hiring anybody. You need 40 working days to get on the job or they let you go (you may be scheduled and show up only to find out they don't need you and be sent home). A lot of guys are let go after 39 days. They don't make the union, they don't get on the job. UPS just uses them as non-union, temporary help while making them think they're getting a job out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? (This is really the only question.)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS (Eagan, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the next day, I received a phone call for an interview. I scheduled a time for the following day. They are very prompt and upfront about the job and its requirements. They ask simple questions to get to know you. From that, they determine if you would be qualified to take the job and the tests that go along with it.

Delivery Driver Interview

Interview

Company will ask you many questions to get to know your personality. If you have a clean criminal record, and you answer all questions with a good attitude and a smile, they will hire you. Clean cut look is definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

If you apply online make sure you follow up with the HR (either phone, email or face to face). I applied in june and didnt get the ok until august. Then, you will go to the driving course for a few days. Its not hard, just remeber all the rules they teach you.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Union pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

Typical questions...Why do you want to work here, The work enviorment can be very demanding and difficult at times during inclement weather etcc. Very easy laid back interview. So professional, probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. The interviewer wasn't uptight, didn't ask any personal questions. Asked about previous work experience in only the related field.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you succeeded and your ability to problem solve an issue where you were not at fault...And with all the background in customer service and delivering why are you applying for this poition   1 Answer

Family comes first and it was more of a schedule conflict.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS (DuBois, PA).

Interview

UPS doesn't contact past employers or references. they hire who they want regardless of experience or work ethics.

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Franklin Park, IL).

Interview

First I applied online then a few weeks later I received an email stating that I was invited to an interview. I showed up and there were about 8 other applicants in a room and the HR rep gave a breakdown of the job. Next the HR rep met with each applicant individually. When I met with the rep she asked for my social security number and a few questions to confirm the information on the application was correct. After the interview I received a call about a hour later telling me when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Johnstown, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring was for drivers helpers..and the interview was easy. Just be yourself yet dress nicely. The ones who didn't dress decent did not get called back for the second interviews.
    They just asked simple questions and were looking for honest people who were hard workers.

Negotiation

Could not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Fishersville, VA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (Fishersville, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Just basically asked simple questions then said "We will get back to you in about a week."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS (Springfield, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

Extensive background into everywhere you have worked. Extremely thorough checks that will root out the bad prospects from the good ones.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your work ethic and expect very hard working employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a union job with a set scale for hourly employees.