UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2014

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I applied online and the next day, I received a phone call for an interview. I scheduled a time for the following day. They are very prompt and upfront about the job and its requirements. They ask simple questions to get to know you. From that, they determine if you would be qualified to take the job and the tests that go along with it.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Delivery Driver Interview

Company will ask you many questions to get to know your personality. If you have a clean criminal record, and you answer all questions with a good attitude and a smile, they will hire you. Clean cut look is definitely a plus.

no negotiating.

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS.

If you apply online make sure you follow up with the HR (either phone, email or face to face). I applied in june and didnt get the ok until august. Then, you will go to the driving course for a few days. Its not hard, just remeber all the rules they teach you.

No negotiation. Union pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in September 2013.

Typical questions...Why do you want to work here, The work enviorment can be very demanding and difficult at times during inclement weather etcc. Very easy laid back interview. So professional, probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. The interviewer wasn't uptight, didn't ask any personal questions. Asked about previous work experience in only the related field.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you succeeded and your ability to problem solve an issue where you were not at fault...And with all the background in customer service and delivering why are you applying for this poition   View Answer

Family comes first and it was more of a schedule conflict.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS.

UPS doesn't contact past employers or references. they hire who they want regardless of experience or work ethics.

There wasn't one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

First I applied online then a few weeks later I received an email stating that I was invited to an interview. I showed up and there were about 8 other applicants in a room and the HR rep gave a breakdown of the job. Next the HR rep met with each applicant individually. When I met with the rep she asked for my social security number and a few questions to confirm the information on the application was correct. After the interview I received a call about a hour later telling me when to come in for orientation.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in November 2011.

The hiring was for drivers helpers..and the interview was easy. Just be yourself yet dress nicely. The ones who didn't dress decent did not get called back for the second interviews.
    They just asked simple questions and were looking for honest people who were hard workers.

Could not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Fishersville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fishersville, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in October 2011.

Just basically asked simple questions then said "We will get back to you in about a week."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Extensive background into everywhere you have worked. Extremely thorough checks that will root out the bad prospects from the good ones.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about your work ethic and expect very hard working employees.   Answer Question
    It's a union job with a set scale for hourly employees.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in October 2009.

I applied for a delivery driver position at UPS online. Within a week or so, I received an email reply stating that they would like to schedule an interview with me in person. A week later, I am at one of their stationed location being interviewed by 2 of their HR reps. Most of the questions were asking if I have an experience driving a commercial vehicle and for how long. Never received a phone cal or email back. Disappointed

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you where you had to work with a difficult co-worker. how did you solve this dilemma   Answer Question