UPS Driver Helper Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2014

1.3

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Driver Helper Interview

Applied online. Then you get a interview day and time at the end of application. The interview is done in a group format. They ask you past experience, what skills you have and why you want to work for UPS. They only call if you get the job.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS.

Was very quick and painless, applied, went in to talk to HR, and was basically handed the job with no questions asked.

No negotiating really.

Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS.

It was super quick and easy. They stress safety. Just don't keep their uniforms.

Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS.

First I scheduled a group interview online for the next day (on a Tuesday). We went into the warehouse, and we each had a quick ~5 min interview. They asked If I knew proper lifting procedure, (lift with the legs, and not with the back) and why this is important (to prevent injury).

They called me in a day early for orientation a day early (thursday instead of friday). After a 5 hour paid orientation, I started work right away.

Ha....

Driver Helper Interview

Basically no questions about UPS or anything about the job. I think it was mainly based on appearance. Very easy to get this job...just show up on time, be flexible with schedule, and want the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about your current employment. UPS always needs more staff for the Holiday season. Very easy to get hired.   Answer Question
    no, concrete pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

First they bring you to a UPS center closest to you, then you wait in a room till a manager is called to explain the job, your salary, and what you'll be doing there and when that's all said and done you wait to get called into one of their offices to finish your application and start the hiring process.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

I applied through the upsjobs website. I scheduled an appointment for an interview online right after completing the application. If an interview appointment is not available for your preferred location you can pick a time for a location close by. The HR office at the facility I interviewed at was small and there were only seven applicants there. The HR manager started by giving the group a basic overview of the job (appearance guidelines, proper footwear, pay) and then interviewed us one on one. The manager went over the application to make sure everything was correct and asked some basic questions: can you lift 70 pounds?, do you have reliable transportation?, have you been convicted of a felony?, are you currently employed? I was told that if my background check came back clean (usually about a day or two) I would be called for orientation.

Interview Questions

I felt ill right after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lutz, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutz, FL

interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Took online application, was set up an interview online to attend at their warehouse. I found a group of about 15 interviewing for the position along with me when I arrived. We were set in a room and talked about the position details. After we decided to stay we were sent individually for 5min interviews which asked about our application and why we wanted to work there. They said they would call the next day and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Asked if everything on application was correct   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Landover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Asks very few questions. They just want to make sure you breathe, blood runs through your veins, and you can lift and run with heavy packages.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Make sure you have forms of ID.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Group interview, generic, indifferent... we don't care if you quit

None, if you want to quit we don't care.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!