UPS

1.3

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longwood, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longwood, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

I randomly applied one night and moments after I was invited to an interview the next day, so I went. There was a long line of other applicants when I got there, waiting in the hot florida sun for about 20 min. We were escorted to some sort of a classroom where she explained what is expected of us and repeatedly making sure we understood the job position. They expected us to have Monday-Friday full availability because we'd be on call. You are not promised a certain number of hours, hours fluctuate. You'd literally be doing the drivers dirty work by hopping on and off the high UPS truck while carrying heavy boxes and at a fast past. Long story short, they ask a lot from you which I didn't mind but when they mentioned all this is expected of us but we'd only be getting paid minimum wage and no consistent hours I was done. NO THANK YOU. Not breaking my back for this company nor am I going to allow myself to be taken advantage of.

Interview Questions
  • Does everyone understand the job Description? Is there anyone not interested in the job?   Answer Question

They mentioned everything that was expected of us but we'd only be getting paid minimum wage and no consistent hours.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

You fill out a questionnaire in a room with 20+ others then get called for 1:1 interview. They will hire anyone without a felony. 5 hour orientation but then will only pay you for 4 hours. Diad trainers are to busy to train you so you must learn on your own usually on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give example of situation with an upset customer & how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    $10 per hour with $22 union dues every month even for Temp employees. No negotiation

Driver Helper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in December 2014.

They had us in the lobby for a cool minutes escorted us to the back room asked a couple questions regarding what area we live in took everybody who lived in that area in a separate room ran a background check gave us the uniform and sent us on our way

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to go here if the driver calls you and ask you to meet them there?   Answer Question
    10 dollar a hour

Driver Helper Interview

interview was easy. it took an hour. It was a group interview. 25 people. the first 40 minutes was a group interview and explanation of the job?

Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The hiring "interview" is nothing more then a cattle call. They schedule as many people as possible at the same time to come interview, give a run down of the job to the group, then will meet each person individually for 30 seconds to a few minutes just to make sure you meet the qualifications (availability being the main one).. You must be available from 10am until 10pm M-F. You will only work part of that time, but it can be anytime between those hours. Other then that, you have to pass a background check, its quick, so I doubt its that thorough. I got a call back to let me know I had the job the very next day.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I originally showed interest in the position before the positions were available. When one opened up i got an email telling me to complete my application which was very helpful! I immediately set up an interview which was held the following day. The interview was held one on one with an hr rep. He seemed as though it was his first time interviewing. I was called two days later for training and then started the following day. The whole process was so fast and easy I wish every interview process was like this!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset about the length of time it took for their package to get delivered?   Answer Question
    It's a seasonal position and the pay was well above what I thought it would be so I really had nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Thr0ugh the Snagajob website, I applied and was directed to the online application at UPS.com. I filled out background information, education and work experience. I answered some additional questions basic questions. Once I submitted the application I was contacted to come in for an interview and told to bring with me two forms of identification such as a drivers license and passport. When I arrived at the interview I was asked to read and complete as additional online application. After completing that, I was called in for a one on one interview. It was very basic and only lasted 10-15n minutes. I was asked a few questions about my work experience and why I wanted the job. I was provided information about the job and included an explanation of the basic job tasks. I was told once paper work was processed, I would be contacted to attend an orientation and training session.

Interview Questions
    straight forward. I was told exactly what I would be making and the basic terms of employment as a part time seasonal position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Simple not alot of questions basic stuff.. went thru 2 interviews alot of people where thier so be ready interview lasted 10min that's all ..i would dress up bcuz no one did

Interview Questions
    No negotiation but it's ok

Driver Helper Interview

Applied online. Then you get a interview day and time at the end of application. The interview is done in a group format. They ask you past experience, what skills you have and why you want to work for UPS. They only call if you get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Was very quick and painless, applied, went in to talk to HR, and was basically handed the job with no questions asked.

No negotiating really.