UPS Driver Helper Interview Questions

1.3

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2012.

Interview Process Was Fairly Easy You Sit In a Cafeteria and Wait to be called in a group of 10 and your sent upstairs to have a group interview for seasonal driver helper

Interview Questions
  • No Difficult Questions Just wanted to know what days your available to work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2012.

Interview process was super streamlined and easy. I applied online and it said I could come in 30 minutes, well I forwarded it by a day because there was no way I could make it out there that day. So the next day I went in for the interview and there were virtually no questions asked about our personality, we just filled out some of the typical paper work and that was it. We were hired. The starting pay they said was 8.50 and likely wouldn't start working until after thanks giving. I actually started the following Monday. They make no guarantee on hours but they said between thanksgiving and Christmas eve (which will likely be the last day for many driver helpers, unless they get hired on fulltime, which there is no promise of but apparently it is entirely possible if you work hard enough)

Interview Questions
    8.50 An Hour No Negotiating, or promise of hours. No paying into senior benefits. Job is purely seasonal, after getting my first pay check I can say that your pay check will not go to the union thankfully, good since you are not reaping any benefits of it after all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2012.

Very easy, came applied online and the next day was in for a "appointment"(interview). I start orientation AND work tommorrow.

I didn't negotiate since it's somewhere between 10.25 and 10.50 a hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in November 2012.

Interview process was very easy, you first wait in a room with about 20-30 people. They call you in one be one and ask you work related questions, can you lift this much weight etc. And thats it, make sure you apply early as positions fill very quickly.

Interview Questions
    There is very little negotiation as pretty much everything is fixed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2012.

Applied online and got an appointment time instantly. Showed up with about 20-25 other applicants in a room and an HR rep gave us breakdown of the job. Then after I met individually with an HR rep to give them my social security # for a background check to be performed. No real interview, unless you have questions for them. Got a call that night after background check passed and set up orientation time for next day where you watch a video, hear more about the job, and get your uniform.

Interview Questions
    N/A. Pay was fixed at $8.50, but overtime (time and a half) is available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2012.

Group interviews, don't really single anyone out, only really care of you have a record.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? This job is very physical, and you have to be outdoors in the weather, what makes you think you can handle this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in November 2012.

waited in a guard shack with 10 other people until they came to get us

Interview Questions

the commute would have eaten up any pay I would get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2011.

I applied online and they gave me an interview date right away after I finished my application. During the interview I was told about the responsibilities of the position and if I was comfortable carrying 70 pounds. This is not a difficult interview if you practice and know about your past experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UPS in December 2011.

To apply for the season helper job you have to go to the UPS website. From there during the months of November/December they will most likely be an available application to fill out. You will also have to questionnaire If memory serves me right. Right after you finish the application It set me up with a time to 'tour the facilities' it said to wear casual clothing with good shoes. This was less of a tour and more of a job interview. They met with 9 of us one at a time. Walked outside(not a tour) gave us a rundown of what they expected of its employees and when and where we would need to get to should we be hired. Prepare for allot of standing around waiting during this time wear some comfortable shoes. They then met with us one at a time and asked if I was ok with the hours, pay, if I had reliable transportation, If you are not well groomed they will ask you if you are ok with shaving or getting a haircut. Guys need to be clean shaven and hair can't be too long. Females need to have their hair consolidated with a hair clip or other means. They asked why I wanted to work for UPS, as well as told me I would be lifting boxes of all shapes and sizes up to 50 lbs(while working boxes got allot heavier than 50 lbs).
    After this they said they would call me, they did a few days later for orientation. They give you a rundown of on the job problems you might encounter: Changing terrain, dogs, ect. You sign some papers and listen to some people speak and eventually get your uniform. This takes roughly 3 hours. Then you go home and play the waiting game until they call you to help a driver. took nearly a week before they called me. You will get the majority of your hours the week leading up to Christmas.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, 8.50/h For everyone. Low chance of overtime although i managed to get 1.5 hours of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in November 2011.

A group of us were invited to participate through career central in New Port Richey, FL to apply for UPS seasonal driver helper. The pay rate of 8.50 was stated and then in no order we would have a 1:1 interview with a UPS employee. After the interview, which was standard, the most important questions were concerning criminal background and driving record. If both your criminal and driving records are in good standing then you are later called in for orientation, issued uniforms and consequently you might be asked to ride with a driver the same day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the pay rate is openly disclosed as well as the length of employment.