UPS Freight Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.0

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS Freight (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief and not structured in what is expected in job requirements. UPS Freight is not as organized as the other entities of UPS. Mostly based on behavioral situational model.

Interview Questions

• Typical where do you see yourself in 5 years questions.   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UPS Freight (Rialto, CA).

Interview

Was given a call for interview then came in and was only asked 2 question.. Called back and hired 1 week later I accepted the job and the job is union so it has a set pay and a set raise of 50 cents every 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Ever worker a forklift?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for ups?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is union

Freight Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS Freight (San Leandro, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very informal. Showed around facility, promised a phone call back within 4 days. Was told the pay was $55-58k, salaried position and probably required to work overtime. Hours were 2am to 11am.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is not on your resume.   1 Answer

Operations Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UPS Freight in September 2014.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early to interview, the manager I was supposed to meet with was called into an emergency meeting (it happens) so I was interviewed by an on call supervisor. As far as interviews go, this one was very laid back and comfortable, he took a few moments to review my resume so he was up to speed with my experience. Once he was familiar with my work history he asked me to elaborate on my customer service experience, mainly on call volume and how I resolved issues with customers. When asked if I had any questions for him I inquired when the hiring decision was expected to be made and when they would like the new hire to start. The interview lasted about 10 minutes give or take.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer service experience do you have? (i.e. over the phone or face to face)   Answer Question

Loader Interview

Interview

It was a very easy interview. They reviewed the resume and expanded on that. I have not been as relaxed in any other interview. They asked basic questions on what you could contribute to the company.I would apply with them again if I did not get the job because I would just have to figure out what was missing. I am waiting now

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS Freight (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Multiple interviews with SCM and HR team, had to take Personality and IQ type of test(s). I received a call back and had a phone interview with an off site Regional Sales Manager and had to create a presentation for all that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was the most challenging part of the interview(s).   1 Answer

Negotiation

all that I expected to get was given.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS Freight (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy, they are always looking to hiring more people, so just getting your name in their system was much easier than I had expected. Once the interview process was over it was only a couple days before they had called me and told me that I had got the job.

Interview Questions

• Where have u worked in the last 10 years   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at UPS Freight.

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. Met with the Area Sales Manager over lunch and it was more of him asking me about myself. Didn't really get into sales achievements or successes. After this step was an interview with the local terminal manager and that was him telling me about the operations and how it worked. Again, not too many sales type questions. Lastly, an interview with the Regional Sales Director and this is where he asked a lot of the typical interview questions. What would we hire you? Tell me about a time...etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was take it or we will hire someone else.

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS Freight (Chicago, IL).

Interview

simple just like any trucking job

Negotiation

none

Freight Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS Freight.

Interview

Long and drawn out, approximately a month long process. Multiple interviews with multiple members of management. Company expects you to provide W-2's from previous employers. Do not accept first offer.....this is a negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Mor open ended questions....."tell me about a time when......."   Answer Question

Negotiation

They try to take the Hard Line approach......do not take the first offer