UPS Freight

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at UPS Freight in September 2012.

Interview Details – When I first walked into the interview (Houston, TX) I was asked to wait about 15 minutes. I ended up waiting about 2 hours before I was face-to-face with the interviewer. I was asked about 3 questions (useless questions) which lead to nowhere and was prompted to call the interviewee on the following Monday.

I called for about 2 weeks and the manager would never get back to me. The managers there were so unorganized and lazy and could not even return a simple phone call.
I was asked to be hired the day of the interview and the interviewer even gave me my salary options.

What I did not get was why would you ask someone to come in for an interview knowing that you were going to hire that person, but never return there phone call. I found out about 3 weeks later that the manager that wanted to hire me ended up getting laid off.

It was the most pointless interview I have gone to but yet their HR department located in some “square” state up north wanted me to go back and interview with them. I could not ever get a phone call back so I knew that would never happen.
I am officially done with them and could care less about working for that particular branch of UPS!

Good luck to the rest of you!

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself?
What are your strengths?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unorganized and lazy managers!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at UPS Freight

Worked for UPS Freight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS Freight Part Time Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by UPS Freight employees and interview candidates.