UPS

Employer Engaged

UPS Interview Questions in Greenville, SC

4.1

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview process is designed to be intimidating. They read from a script; read a very long detailed explanation of their process, tell you a list of all the tenets they are covering - and then ask you a very vague question which you must apply to all the previously read details - and your experience. The word Military was used, stealing packages from the hands of the US Mail and others, and they admitted to lots of Pressure .... In hindsight - I should have read the reviews and declined the interview. Not "passing" the panel interview was a blessing.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in June 2011.

Met initially with someone from human resources...made it through the initial screening. Then did an online sales assessment. Got a call that I had passed that and that the next step was a panel interview. That lasted about an hour and consisted of very specic questions that related to very specific customers and occurances. What happened, what did I do, what was the outcome? There were three people on the panel and each of them had 4 questions. This interview is scored and this score is added to the online sales assessment score to know who they will be making offers to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a problem that a customer had that you were unable to resolve.   View Answer
    • Tell about a time that you had a disagreement or arguement with a co-worker. Why, what did you do , what was the outcome?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in June 2011.

Phone interview and panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a co-worker you couldn't solve?   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UPS in December 2010.

I met with two ladies from HR for our initial one one interview. It consisted mainly of questions about my past work experience and goals in the future. Shortly afterwords I was called and passed through to the next round which consisted of an online skills/problem solving test. After completing and passing that I was a scheduled for a panel interview. The panel interview was with two management level employees and was scripted and laid out very professionally. A few weeks later I was offered the job; the entire process took about 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to solve a conflict or problem within a group or work setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UPS in August 2010.

The process began when a company recruiter called me and stated she would like to ask me a few questions. She basically asked about what I did in my present position, then I asked for some specific information regarding the daily duties involved in their position. This was followed by an in-person meeting where a test was administered regarding personality types. Ultimately I withdrew my candidacy because I did not feel that it was a good fit for me personally.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about selling on the telephone?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you are intruding when you call customers on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Several interviews and competency testing

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UPS in February 2007.

When I graduated from college I was looking for something in sales to start me out in business. They had found my brother-in-law's resume on Monster.com and had emailed him. He wasn't interested, but he passed the info on to me. I emailed the HR rep that contacted him, and within 24 hours they contacted me back. We scheduled a time for a 1:1 interview and I came in with my resume. They asked me a series of 8-10 questions, and told me they would contact me back for another interview. They indeed contacted me back in about a week and asked me to take an online sales battery test. Once I passed that test they asked me to come in for a personality test, a written communications test, and then a panel interview followed by a role play. After about a week I called in and let them know I was considering something else, and within 2 days they called and told me they wanted me to come in for training. It was about a 35-40 day process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you have had to manage conflict on the job. How did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Name a project you were asked to manage, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It was $32,500 base and guaranteed commish of $1000/month for 6 months. Excellent benefits. I'm not sure what the start pay is now but I think they only guarantee 3 months once you hit a sales territory now.