UPS

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Interview process is designed to be intimidating. They read from a script; read a very long detailed explanation of their process, tell you a list of all the tenets they are covering - and then ask you a very vague question which you must apply to all the previously read details - and your experience. The word Military was used, stealing packages from the hands of the US Mail and others, and they admitted to lots of Pressure .... In hindsight - I should have read the reviews and declined the interview. Not "passing" the panel interview was a blessing.

Interview Question – Behavioral interview to the extreme.   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and panel interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem with a co-worker you couldn't solve?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in June 2011.

Interview Details – Met initially with someone from human resources...made it through the initial screening. Then did an online sales assessment. Got a call that I had passed that and that the next step was a panel interview. That lasted about an hour and consisted of very specic questions that related to very specific customers and occurances. What happened, what did I do, what was the outcome? There were three people on the panel and each of them had 4 questions. This interview is scored and this score is added to the online sales assessment score to know who they will be making offers to.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a problem that a customer had that you were unable to resolve.   View Answer
  • Tell about a time that you had a disagreement or arguement with a co-worker. Why, what did you do , what was the outcome?   View Answer

Greenville, SC

The process took 4 months - interviewed at UPS in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with two ladies from HR for our initial one one interview. It consisted mainly of questions about my past work experience and goals in the future. Shortly afterwords I was called and passed through to the next round which consisted of an online skills/problem solving test. After completing and passing that I was a scheduled for a panel interview. The panel interview was with two management level employees and was scripted and laid out very professionally. A few weeks later I was offered the job; the entire process took about 4 months.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you had to solve a conflict or problem within a group or work setting.   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UPS in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process began when a company recruiter called me and stated she would like to ask me a few questions. She basically asked about what I did in my present position, then I asked for some specific information regarding the daily duties involved in their position. This was followed by an in-person meeting where a test was administered regarding personality types. Ultimately I withdrew my candidacy because I did not feel that it was a good fit for me personally.

Greenville, SC

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UPS in February 2007.

Interview Details – When I graduated from college I was looking for something in sales to start me out in business. They had found my brother-in-law's resume on Monster.com and had emailed him. He wasn't interested, but he passed the info on to me. I emailed the HR rep that contacted him, and within 24 hours they contacted me back. We scheduled a time for a 1:1 interview and I came in with my resume. They asked me a series of 8-10 questions, and told me they would contact me back for another interview. They indeed contacted me back in about a week and asked me to take an online sales battery test. Once I passed that test they asked me to come in for a personality test, a written communications test, and then a panel interview followed by a role play. After about a week I called in and let them know I was considering something else, and within 2 days they called and told me they wanted me to come in for training. It was about a 35-40 day process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have had to manage conflict on the job. How did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
  • Name a project you were asked to manage, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. It was $32,500 base and guaranteed commish of $1000/month for 6 months. Excellent benefits. I'm not sure what the start pay is now but I think they only guarantee 3 months once you hit a sales territory now.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS interview questions and advice in Greenville, SC. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees and interview candidates.