UPS Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

First interview over the phone is about selling your skills to the company. My recruiter was very thorough about the position and expectations about the position. The Phone screening took about 20 minutes and the recruiting process was very optimistic.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for the inside sales representative position?   1 Answer
  • They asked to complete the assessment and I will hear from them soon.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

phone interview, basic questions. hard to hear because they used a speaker phone. She asked the questions I expected, nothing about UPS and the history of it. But they want to know how you handle rejection, etc. I would say it was an easy interview overall

Interview Questions

• how do you handle sales rejection? The questions were what I expected, no real surprises. It was clear she was just reading questions, she herself had no interest in what the answers were, she never expanded, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an excellent interview experience with UPS. They are very professional, and very detailed with their hiring process. Having said that, they need to step up their HR department. I had a great recruiter in the beginning, and after the job offer, the HR department basically lagged and made me realize I'm just a number in their company, not a person. What kept me interested in the job was the benefits. If you think it's worth it to move to Phoenix for a cold calling job, then more power to ya! I suggest be very vocal of your concerns, and email blast your contact as much until you feel comfortable making such a big change. The timeline from the first phone screen to hiring date is roughly 1 month. What I suggest to the company: relocation package...

Interview Questions

• When is it ok to accept 'no' from a customer   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS in April 2015.

Interview

The Process was relatively easy Apply online, Phone interview- Background questions and position overview, Personality Screening, Final Interview- they asked customer situational questions, time management questions. for every question they wanted you to state the situation then the problem and finally how it was resolved.

Interview Questions

• Tell us time when you experienced an unhappy customer and you did not know the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N?A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of two representatives from the UPS. Hiring manager and HR manager. Consisted of behavioral questions on how you have handled a customer. Mostly customer based questions. The interviewers were very professional and it was easy to hold a conversation with them. I would have taken the offer if a better opportunity did not arise. Great company to work for from what I have heard and a great entry level opportunity for a sales career.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Better job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. 3 steps It started with a phone call going over your resume, then an assessment test, and if you pass those two there is a final Panal interview. The only negative I would say is they took a long time to contact me after the final interview. Overall a good experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? Situational questions about your past jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Emailed to set up phone interview with a corporate recruiter who will inform you the pay is 17.00 per hr during the first 6 weeks sales academy training. After completing the training program, the base will go up to 17.20per hr plus commission plus full benefits. 2.During the phone interview he/she asks standard questions such as, "Why did you apply at UPS?" and, "Why would you be a good match for this company?" 3. Once the phone interview is done you are required to complete a few online assessments including a behavioral test. 4. Once that is concluded and UPS determines you have passed the HR department will contact you to set up a Web-cam Interview. 5. If you have successfully passed the interview you will be given the opportunity to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to help a fellow employee reach their goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call two weeks later. Schedule a phone interview for the next day. After the interview, I was invited to take a 45 minute UPS assessment online immediately after the interview. I received a phone call approximately 30 minutes after the timed assessment with the advisement that I had passed and to expect a final interview with a panel over the phone. This was a week ago. Still waiting on that email.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online and received an email to schedule a telephone interview. Telephone interview was the basics, tell me about your last job and why you're leaving, what kind of experience do you have, etc. After phone interview, I was sent over a few online assessment tests to fill out. About 2 weeks later, I received a phone call inviting me to a panel interview. Panel Interview consisted of 2 person team (HR and Sales Manager) tag teaming questions at me. Questions come from a pre-prepared list of questions. They have 3 different laminated pages, with about 5 - 7 questions on each sheet...and they will randomly select 2 questions from each sheet.

Interview Questions

• There was one question that really didn't apply to me or my background, and I let them know that I really didn't have an answer for it since it didn't apply. It was as if I had thrown off their entire interview process and couldn't move forward unless I made something up.   1 Answer

Was interviewing with multiple companies at the time. UPS took 6 weeks to call with a formal offer and I had already accepted something with a higher salary

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There was a basic initial 15 minutes phone interview that consisted of typical interview questions such as "Why do you want to go into sales?" and "Explain to me a time when you dealt with an angry customer" If you are good with talking to people this should not be a problem. Next there was an assessment that took and hour and a half or so. There was some reasoning based questions as well as some sales behavioral questions. Lastly, was a webcam interview that lasts an hour. Most of the questions ask how you deal with customers in different settings and why do you want to work for UPS.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with an angry customer and the problem did not get resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.