UPS

572 candidate interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in December 2009.

Interview Details – UPS employs interview sessions that take all day -- from approximately 7:30 am until 2:30 PM. Vice Presidents (not necessarily the hiring manager) volunteer their time to conduct the respective interviews. The day begins with a brief introductory session -- be prepared to introduce yourself, along with the executives, and speak about your background. Every executive who introduced himself was a 'lifer' who had gone to work for UPS right out of college -- so keep in mind that it their world view. You are then given an online assessment that serves as both a personality test and measures your logical thinking skills. The culture seems relatively open -- but keep in mind that they are a global logistics company with few competitors. The ability to convince them that you have been successful in an environment similar to theirs is paramount over innovation or having worked in a small, entrepreneurial environment. I don't feel it's damaging to mention the latter -- but remember to focus on their world and what's important to them. Naturally, be prepared to speak at great length and in great detail on your experience with marketing analytics--everyone does it there and they have a constant influx of data. After the personality test -- you will interview individually with each of the four executives. The interviews last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour each -- with a break for lunch, during which the HR manager will escort you to the cafeteria and they provide you with a lunch voucher. The people conducting the interview could not have been nicer -- but I want to reiterate how important it is to remember that this is a very structured, Fortune 500 environment.

Interview Questions

• Why would you not want to work for UPS?   Answer Question
  • Describe a crisis you encountered and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
  • Describe some of the resources you've used for marketing research -- why you've used them and what the project was.   Answer Question
  • Describe building a business case -- how you did it, why you did it, and the results.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Boston, MA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2010.

Interview Details – I found the process to be challenging and engaging. One of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I think that UPS is a great place to work. If I could do it all over again I would have spent more time reviewing the materials prior to the interview.

Interview Question – How many marbles can you fit in a Rolls Royce and how?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the current manager of the location. Took a tour of the facility and discussed pros and cons. Asked about my goals and expectations. Discussed challenges of the position, work schedule, transitional issues, staffing concerns, customer relationships and issues. Discussed the competency and concerns regarding subordinate leadership staff and line personel

Interview Questions

Key Account Manager Interview

Key Account Manager
Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in January 2011.

Interview Details – it started in a job fair after graduation then after that a face to face interview with the BD manager and after that a mobile interview with the sales manager then interviewed face to face by the Province manager of the province i am working in and i was accepted.

Interview Question – what would make you leave a company ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it is a taugh negotiation with such high reputable company.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UPS in January 2008.

Interview Details – The (Business Development) hiring process takes way too long! They bait you with a computer-based assessment and phone interview. Later a face-to-face interview. Without warning, you walk in and find out it is going to be a panel interview along with an impromptu role play!

Interview Question – The panel interview is be made up of SIX people with most of them Area Sales Managers. Each randomly asks questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not open to negotiation. Take it or leave it!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Interview process is designed to be intimidating. They read from a script; read a very long detailed explanation of their process, tell you a list of all the tenets they are covering - and then ask you a very vague question which you must apply to all the previously read details - and your experience. The word Military was used, stealing packages from the hands of the US Mail and others, and they admitted to lots of Pressure .... In hindsight - I should have read the reviews and declined the interview. Not "passing" the panel interview was a blessing.

Interview Question – Behavioral interview to the extreme.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mahwah, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2010.

Interview Details – They have asked general questions

Interview Question – They have asked randonomly   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Starts of normally: phone interview, first on site interview with a few people from the team or related teams (boss, co-workers, lead of a team your team works with often). Be prepared to be able to answer technical questions at this point. Have a good answer for why you want to work at UPS specifically. The next in person interview is tough as you will have to go through multiple tests including a test to see if you're management material and an exercise with multiple people. This is the HR part of the interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult part is getting to the second interview. It will not be in the same location as the first one but you will not be given the address. This is deliberate. You will be told you'll receive an address with driving instructions via email but they don't send it. They most you will get is some hastily rattled off directions to the location. (I know it is deliberate because I know other applicants who were all told they'd get an email and didn't.)   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Greenville, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Interview Details – Several interviews and competency testing

Interview Question – Sell me a pencil   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/a

UPS Driver Interview

UPS Driver
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

Interview Details – This is a very competetive job opportunity. Be ontime for interview. Dress like you are going to interview not like you just got off work.
If you dont have previous experience you better have your thinking cap on. Ready to answer "Why you" for this job. Women dont show up all dolled up. They provide uniforms. Your nails and lipstick wont last a day at work. That wont help you at all. That will only put more doubt in there minds. They are looking for hard working, organized employees that know the City very well. There were 4 interviews
 (When I met with hiring Manager I had to sell myself on how my past experience was relevant to job opp. I was seeking. I was a single Mom with 3 children to support. I only had sales experience.)
 If you are not a good driver to begin with...,pass on this. You are driving a big vehicle in a big city.
Best time to get into this company is Christmas season. They will say its a temporary position. Stay dedicated ...work hard and pay attention to your surroundings. They do time you on how long it takes you to deliver your packages. So being timely and organized is a plus. Being able to work well under pressure is what they are looking for.
No free passes... if you wreck your vehicle in anyway your are done. If you can make it through the busiest season, they will hire a few great drivers permanently. Like I said not for everyone but great opportunity for the right fit.

Interview Question – Why should I give you the job when there are so many drivers from Frito Lay, Hostess ect. waiting for this opportunity?   View Answer

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!