UPS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.0

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in December 2009.

Interview

UPS employs interview sessions that take all day -- from approximately 7:30 am until 2:30 PM. Vice Presidents (not necessarily the hiring manager) volunteer their time to conduct the respective interviews. The day begins with a brief introductory session -- be prepared to introduce yourself, along with the executives, and speak about your background. Every executive who introduced himself was a 'lifer' who had gone to work for UPS right out of college -- so keep in mind that it their world view. You are then given an online assessment that serves as both a personality test and measures your logical thinking skills. The culture seems relatively open -- but keep in mind that they are a global logistics company with few competitors. The ability to convince them that you have been successful in an environment similar to theirs is paramount over innovation or having worked in a small, entrepreneurial environment. I don't feel it's damaging to mention the latter -- but remember to focus on their world and what's important to them. Naturally, be prepared to speak at great length and in great detail on your experience with marketing analytics--everyone does it there and they have a constant influx of data. After the personality test -- you will interview individually with each of the four executives. The interviews last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour each -- with a break for lunch, during which the HR manager will escort you to the cafeteria and they provide you with a lunch voucher. The people conducting the interview could not have been nicer -- but I want to reiterate how important it is to remember that this is a very structured, Fortune 500 environment.

Interview Questions

• Why would you not want to work for UPS?   Answer Question
    • Describe a crisis you encountered and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe some of the resources you've used for marketing research -- why you've used them and what the project was.   Answer Question
    • Describe building a business case -- how you did it, why you did it, and the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

I found the process to be challenging and engaging. One of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I think that UPS is a great place to work. If I could do it all over again I would have spent more time reviewing the materials prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many marbles can you fit in a Rolls Royce and how?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS in February 2011.

Interview

Met with the current manager of the location. Took a tour of the facility and discussed pros and cons. Asked about my goals and expectations. Discussed challenges of the position, work schedule, transitional issues, staffing concerns, customer relationships and issues. Discussed the competency and concerns regarding subordinate leadership staff and line personel

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

The (Business Development) hiring process takes way too long! They bait you with a computer-based assessment and phone interview. Later a face-to-face interview. Without warning, you walk in and find out it is going to be a panel interview along with an impromptu role play!

Interview Questions

• The panel interview is be made up of SIX people with most of them Area Sales Managers. Each randomly asks questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not open to negotiation. Take it or leave it!

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Khobar (Saudi Arabia)) in January 2011.

Interview

it started in a job fair after graduation then after that a face to face interview with the BD manager and after that a mobile interview with the sales manager then interviewed face to face by the Province manager of the province i am working in and i was accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is a taugh negotiation with such high reputable company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

They have asked general questions

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Interview process is designed to be intimidating. They read from a script; read a very long detailed explanation of their process, tell you a list of all the tenets they are covering - and then ask you a very vague question which you must apply to all the previously read details - and your experience. The word Military was used, stealing packages from the hands of the US Mail and others, and they admitted to lots of Pressure .... In hindsight - I should have read the reviews and declined the interview. Not "passing" the panel interview was a blessing.

Part Time Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview

Group interview, poor quality. Approximately 30 people were herded into a small room, presentation was not given very well. Candidates were brought into a separate room, people who had come early, were forced to waait over an hour to be called, interview was very unprofessional.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Starts of normally: phone interview, first on site interview with a few people from the team or related teams (boss, co-workers, lead of a team your team works with often). Be prepared to be able to answer technical questions at this point. Have a good answer for why you want to work at UPS specifically. The next in person interview is tough as you will have to go through multiple tests including a test to see if you're management material and an exercise with multiple people. This is the HR part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is getting to the second interview. It will not be in the same location as the first one but you will not be given the address. This is deliberate. You will be told you'll receive an address with driving instructions via email but they don't send it. They most you will get is some hastily rattled off directions to the location. (I know it is deliberate because I know other applicants who were all told they'd get an email and didn't.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Detailed, test included on reasoning. Very structured environment. 3 interviews. Two in the phone and one face to face with a panel role playing. They hire within a lot and i was coming from the outside with a ton of experience. They will likely hire someone less qualified if they already work there.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled objection in the past   1 Answer