UPS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.0

UPS Preloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Kalamazoo, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying online, you're automatically given an appointment (may vary depending on seasonal hiring). This appointment is for a tour of the building, nothing major formal but a nice dress type shirt and jeans will do. Afterwards, HR will call you to see if you're still interested and if you are they will set you an interview with HR. It's a very comfortable process. After the first interview you go in for a second interview with who would be your supervisor (and sometimes you may meet with your supervisor's boss, depending on workload that day). In the second interview it was very much mentioned that they're workable on helping you not only get adjusted with the work experience but that they are always open to helping you further get along in the work.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Good he listened to me. He was very concerned for me to have a job. We talked about working in a fast paced atmosphere and also loading hot trucks with volume being very high.

Carwasher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

First you are required to sign in at the guard shack. It was a group interview with first an orientation of current job openings and speaking of the different unions. Then candidates were called in to a brief interview one at a time, in the order of arrival.

Interview Questions

• Why work for UPS? Can you drive stick shift?   1 Answer

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

Big group was shown through the hub. We walked around, they showed us where we would be working. Answered some basic questions with the HR rep, all pretty normal for a manual labor gig.

Preload Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Nampa, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

Rather informal and impromptu. I had originally applied for a seasonal driver position, but HR mentioned that they were looking for a preload supervisor as well. I said I was interested so she told me to come back to speak with the center manager. I did so a couple days later and they briefly questioned me about my experience and explained what to expect.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPS (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Very long time ago. Applied at school. Went to interview and started right away. I was hired so long ago that the process has changed a lot. Back in the 80s they were looking for anyone in school or the military

Seasonal Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

Went to the UPS jobs facility to get the application and fill out some online forms. Then went home and filled out more online forms, took a drug screen, and came back for the in-person interview and fingerprinting. The 1 on 1 interview itself was almost just a formality. I don't believe they really cared what I answered for the handful of questions. After that I was given a date to return, upon which date I was shown a short presentation and given my start date.

Interview Questions

• This is a popular position; why should we hire you as opposed to the many other applicants?   Answer Question

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple. Apply online then go to walk in interview. Easy to get hired. Have to take a drug test. There is a background check. You are not hired immediately. Training is offered and demanded after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here?   1 Answer

UPS Package Handler Interview

Interview

Walked into the facility, minimal questions were asked, and got hired on the same day. Different questions were answered by the interviewer. Pay rate were disclosed at the same day.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, but the background of the company were provided.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Lenexa, KS) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very relaxed and they have potential hires a tour of the faculty to allow us to get a good idea of the kind of work that will be expected from us.

Interview Questions

• Why should they hire me as an employee? Then they asked about some of my qualities.   Answer Question