UPS

Very Easy Interview

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an interview by sending my resume to a current IT Manager, who is the Father of a close friend of mine. Had a very general preliminary phone interview with HR and eventually got called in for an onsite interview.

Interview Question – Absolutely no technical questions and nothing unexpected. Interviewer simply wanted to know more about me (i.e. College, major, past work experience, etc.). Again, very general and straightforward - was very comfortable and did not even feel like an interview. 1:1 Interview only lasted about 5 minutes.   View Answer

Pre-loader Interview

Pre-loader
Carrollton, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in July 2011.

Interview Details – I absolutely would not have recieved this job if it were not for knowing someone from the inside. I suggest you do this. The rest is simply waiting on the call and then further direction, which you must be prepared to act upon with energy, diligence, and without hesitation.

Negotiation Details – I was offered a job because an employee at that time recommended me.

Senior Technology Supt Analyst Interview

Senior Technology Supt Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line (as all companies now require). Was contacted by their internal recruiter who inquired about my availability, why i left previous position, and salary requirements. I was very up front and clear about salary. He called next day to setup a phone screen with technical people in the department a few days hence. They fired a succession of technical Unix, Windows and troubleshooting scenarios at me. Seemed to go well, they seemed pleased with the answers.

Recruiter called the next day, related that the tech interview went well, and they would like me to come in for an in person interview with those same tech people plus the hiring manager. Techs mainly sat and observerd while I had a very wide-ranging, conversational interview with the manager. We discussed future projects, challenges, the team, what my role would be, geographic location of the team and other company stake-holders. They need a senior player to design and implement significant enterprise critical systems. In the end, it seemed more like we weren't interviewing anymore, we were planning on how to get started. Excellent feeling on both sides coming out of the interview. Manager took me on a brief tour of the floor, then recruiter took over, took me on a tour of the whole facility, which is beautiful, BTW. Then he debriefed me on how I felt about the interview which I related very positively.

Next day, recruiter called, they would like to extend an offer. Great! Their method is to present the offer in person and give a full briefing on all compensation and benefits so that all questions can be answered. Cool - none of this "go look at our website and figure it out for yourself" nonsense. So I drove back again, and listened through an hour long, pretty standard for a top tier company, benefits presentation nothing tricky there. Then saw *part* of a video explaining their rather complex bonus structure. Nothing I could study and digest, mind you. Then after all of that they brought out the actual offer. $20K below my stated salary requirement. I kept the poker face, but though . . . . WTH!

Basically they decided to interpret *salary* as "total compensation" But the 20K difference is made up of bonus in various forms (which are all dependent on company performance, and management declarable "fudge factor" not under my control) and stock purchase discounts (which are not vested for three years) So the plus-up is structured to maybe not happen and isn't even liquid. To me _salary_ is just that. Any bonus that may (or might NOT happen) I treat purely as gravy -- but not to be depended upon.

So I thought it over, and next day called the recruiter and politely declined. I explained why and we parted on courteous terms.

In hind sight, it seems to me they new the offer was a low-ball hence the long build up FIRST before presenting me with the offer. I would still like to work at UPS, but I'll be paid what I'm worth.

Interview Question – It was not an ambush type of interview. They checked me out technically, first -- normal questions for a senior technologist. I guess most "difficult" was my troubleshooting process. I verbally laid out every step one takes to TS a hypothetical web-application failure scenario. There are a lot of pieces that can cause an web app to be "down" (even when it's really not) But being hypothetical, and not knowing all of the moving parts of the application, answer got perhaps rather lengthy. But better to be thorough (and demonstrate deep problem solving skills) than too casual.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was 20K below my stated salary requirements.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UPS in January 2013.

Interview Details – A job opportunity was posted to the school's career services website for a position at the UPS store right across from the university. An email had to be sent to the owner indicating interest. After that I got a response to set up an interview date and time to meet and the owner asked a few questions purely based on items on my resume. No other questions were asked about an particular experience I had that demonstrated a desired quality etc. A new owner had just bought the store from a man who had been disliked by much of the community, so I was asked how I could envision expanding our market.

Interview Question – In what ways could you imagine building a new reputation for this store?   Answer Question

REVENUE AUDITOR Interview

REVENUE AUDITOR
Laguna, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Everyone starts at the bottom. If you can load trucks and lift 70 lbs process for 1 year the interview is not
difficult .The interview was very clear on the training regarding security and osha guideline.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions was primarly about habits and security.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the position, thinking it was a great seasonal job and decided to continue my relationship with the union. If was simple and clear the training was not difficult.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Asked questions, explained position, salary, benefits and hours. Explained company culture, which is a lie. Signed forms, I9, gave drivers license. Asked what my previous jobs were and what I did. Asked why I wanted to work at UPS. (They do offer a good service).

Interview Question – Can you lift 7lbs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Applications Development Associate Entry Level Interview

Applications Development Associate Entry Level
Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school Career Services. Received a initial phone call interview, two weeks later received a call to set up an face to face interview the following week with HR, and three IT supervisors, managers. Then four days later after the first face to face interview, had final interview with the hiring manager (director) of the department.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, prior work experiences, and skills listed on the Resume   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details – It's a bit intimidating because you are taken in front of a panel of three. You will sit across the table from them while they take turns asking you scenario related questions. They will not respond but rather take notes and stay quiet. The questions are typical "Tell me how you dealt with this situation before.." So if you have relatable situations already in mind, you're good to go.

Interview Question – "Tell me a time where you were NOT able to overcome a hard situation."   Answer Question

Unloader Interview

Unloader
Brandywine, DE

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview Details – Only two interviews. They want to be sure I can work the hours and lift the boxes for 4 hours. They explained that the work was very difficult and I would be lifting material the entire shift.

Interview Question – They asked "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another job offer

TSG Technician Interview

TSG Technician

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – This began as a temporary position and after 90 days some people were selected for full time work. Some tests were given after the training period to access skill levels and you either made it or you did not. If you did not, there was little chance of being selected for full time.

Interview Question – none, but there was a basic screening test for computer knowledge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at UPS