UPS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Showed up to the "Interview" appointment early and waited for the HR rep to arrive. Most people were just wearing a t shirt, jeans, and sneakers. The HR rep arrived and gave a brief overview of the position.Tried to weed potential candidates out by scaring them off, stating that the job is "not for people who are looking to pay their bills" and is extremely hard work for little pay. Judging by the tour that was given afterwards, that seems totally believable. Was quite a long process, but there were quite a lot of details to share. After the tour and some details about the pay, benefits, and requirements for the job, we were asked if we wanted to schedule an interview.

Offered the interview, and haven't attended yet.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to lift up to 70 lbs consistently for the entire shift?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Lauderhill, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Told what the job entailed in depth. Was constantly trying to talk people out of the job by continuing to say haw difficult it was, how low the pay & few hours. I felt discriminated against being over 40, white & female.

Interview Questions

• Where had I worked before?   1 Answer

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (North Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone who worked in the pricing division but was at a different location. I was asked four questions. These were skill set questions. At the end I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I identified a problem and developed a way to solve it.   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Mesquite, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

went in for a group tour with about 8 other people lasted about 20 min was the only one given a interview shortly after tour was done.Told me to go back the next day when they recieve my background check. i did and was prety much given the job and questions were simple like previous job experience and times i was available. schedule with school easy things

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Emailed to set up phone interview with a corporate recruiter who will inform you the pay is 17.00 per hr during the first 6 weeks sales academy training. After completing the training program, the base will go up to 17.20per hr plus commission plus full benefits.
    2.During the phone interview he/she asks standard questions such as, "Why did you apply at UPS?" and, "Why would you be a good match for this company?"
    3. Once the phone interview is done you are required to complete a few online assessments including a behavioral test.
    4. Once that is concluded and UPS determines you have passed the HR department will contact you to set up a Web-cam Interview.
    5. If you have successfully passed the interview you will be given the opportunity to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to help a fellow employee reach their goals?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Victoria, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The supervisors gathered a group of about ten people and summarized the job. They then called people one by one into an office to gather basic information. I had to enter some more information when I got home (direct deposit, etc.). I was called later asked if I could start in a day or two.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Arrive on time and wait for the other people that is getting interview. When the person call our names we follow then from there she told use what the pay is which is $11.00 in NY and orientation pay was $10. Than the interview was average what the last jobs you did and why you want to work for ups. After that you wait for the background test to clear then you get a date to report for a 4 day training course which well quiz you and give you hands on training to see if you can do more than just loading packages. Like loader which load the trailer and unloaded which unload the trailer. After all that it depends if you know the safety rules of ups to pass the quiz to see if you are good to work in a fast pace environment if you did not pass the first quiz then try again no pressure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you need money and can work from 4am-8am and have the rest of the day for yourself than go for it. If you do not want the jobs than it may depend on luck to land a job in this economy.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in March 2015.

Interview

short with little detail about position started off with questions about previous job then went into pay and type of work and hours with a variety of additional job questions

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in warehouse work   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Wyoming, MI).

Interview

They give you first a tour of the shop, explain what you need to do and what it about the job, after that return to a room and they said we need to call after. Two days if we are interest in the job, because they don't call you that what the. Hhrr said ,well I call for appointment for a interwia and then never call me back so many words was a waist of time

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

HR department asked basic questions. It lasted for 15 minutes.the interview was at 11 pm in the evening. Very casual. She reviewed my online application. She showed me the sorters chart that needs to memorized if I chose to be a sorter.

Interview Questions

• Main question was, HR stated that they have been through a lot of interviews so what makes me stand out more than other candidates? Other general background questions. Did not ask for references and did not dig too deep into my background. She mainly was looking for if I have the ability to do the job.   1 Answer