UPS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.0

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard questions, why do you want to work here, how you handle challenges, what do you do outside of work, what was one tough decision you had to make, etc. The interviewer also told me multiple times that this is tough physical labor with low pay, I should have heeded his warning.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle repeatedly lifting packages, sometimes 70 lbs or more?   1 Answer

Loader Call the UPS Hotline Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Call the UPS Hotline. Finished the Application online. Waited a couple weeks. Got a Call from Human Resources. Came In For the interview. Dressed Nice. Resume in hand. Cover letter attached. Got Hired.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Managers seemed uninterested in hiring and seemed like they would have treated their intern poorly. They were over 3 hours late on my interview and then expected to conduct it 3 hours late and for me to drop my plans. Unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Typical explain your resume type questions. Nothing too tricky. Relatively easy interview   Answer Question

Pre-loader Interview

Interview

sit around with 15 other people wanting the same job, they told me to arrive at 9am didnt interview until 1130am. They were interviewing for to different job and most people didnt know what job they were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• None. really fast simple. The one thing they said to me was this is a Union job. that was it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can not negotiate at all.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

applied through third party website snagajob. recieved email later about info session and filled out a short list of easy essay questions. they do a quick background check and got another email for orientaion. cant get any easier

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Applied online, immediate access to choose interview time. This was a group interview at the UPS center. It was probably 70% informational and 10% actual interview (and 20% waiting for others to finish their interview). After informing the HR manager of the times you are available, and the areas you are able to work, you receive a date to show up for orientation and training. For the Christmas season, UPS literally hires anyone, as long as you have all four limbs.

Interview Questions

Interview

Communication with manager was awful
    A lot of questions
    There is a lot of things they ask you and some information that is not even helpful. Also, belfry apply here ask how much they pay because they tend to change the amount of money

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Application was easy. I saw an ad on Facebook, applied on a Monday night, and had an interview scheduled for Tuesday morning. However, when I applied on Tuesday morning, I was told along with eight other potential applications that they were no longer hiring. When I said that I had an interview scheduled, I was told that "it should have been cancelled" even though I just applied the night before. I understand it's a very busy time of year, but that was a complete waste of all our times.

Interview Questions

• Didn't even make it to the interview because there were no openings (despite being told to come for an interview).   Answer Question

Sorter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

It started with a room of upwards of 15-20 people or so, to my surprise. The HR manager came in and began talking about the job saying it was the most difficult job you would ever have in your life. That he didn't care if "you were in construction" or you were "in the military", that this would be harder. He also went on about how with the pay during the probationary period and the union dues, you would barely make even all that much money. The interview ended with him saying that after all of that, if you were still interested, to call him the next night. I called and I was only 1 of 3 that got hired. I'm not sure if he effectively scared the others off or they just weren't selected.

Interview Questions

• He claimed the four reasons to join UPS are money, education, chance for advancement, and benefits, and he asked us to rate these from most important to least important, also stating that if you consider money to be your top priority, you wouldn't last.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application and as soon as I finished I was asked to set an appointment time for and interview the next day. I got to the interview and it was sort of like a group interview. We sat in this room for like 2 hours waiting to be interviewed. Then the hr FINALLY came and pulled us out by groups of ten. One by one we went inside the interview room and she asked for our email and do we have a record. If your responses were right she told you orientation is the next day and wear boots to the orientation and you have some extra paper work to fill out once you get home. Basically you got the job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just why do you want to work for UPS? As long as you have a clean background your hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's seasonal so it's $8 per hour and overtime is $12 but if they decide to keep you pass the season position then you get $16 per hour.