UPS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Seasonal Driver Helper
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Interview Details – This past Christmas (2013) was crazy in this area. They needed help badly. I didn't know you could apply as early as SEPTEMBER until someone told me that. Go ahead and do this. You fill out an app online, wait for them to call and then go to the information meeting. Then they do a background check, short interview, and you show up for an orientation. They have several times available.

Interview Question – 1) I had a gentleman constantly shipping things from another country. He refused to wrap the packages well & they kept coming slowly. I had to gently tell him to rewrap them.

2) The whole receiving terminal shut down twice this season because of ice and snow, in this area. Consequently, many packages were late (although I was blessed that this didn't happen much in the delivery area I was in). One man was angry and wanted me to take the package back. I kindly explained why it was late and told him how sorry I was and took it back. UPS is good about those things.

3) HEAVY LIFTING! It was apparently appropriate to ask the receiver of the package to help you. I hated doing this, but I am a woman and had a man receiving a STOVE up 3 flights of stairs. I wish they would invent or maybe I could invent something that would help get stuff like this upstairs.

4) Security. I cannot tell you how many times idiots wondered what I was doing when I had a dolly, a UPS uniform and a truck a few yards away from me with UPS emblazoned on it! People need to check their paranoia.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I am retired, too old to constantly lift boxes/packages in a warehouse. 13 years ago this would have been great but now I am just too old. I know there are kids who need the jobs and can do them.

Data Systems Analyst/Co-Op Interview

Data Systems Analyst/Co-Op
Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online from Monster. They called me within 3 days. I had phone interview with HR first. Then an interview within the week with the hiring manager. No formal offer. They called next day with an offer.

Interview Question – Not many technical questions other than types of experience regarding system environments and networking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but the pay was not bad.

UPS Preload Interview

UPS Preload

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – The pre-interview was simple; they just asked if you could physically do the job. the Interview it's self was not difficult. they asked my reasoning for wanting to work there, if I had had any previous work experience, and if I had any back or neck problems. If you can get to the pre-Interview, you will basically already hired by that point.

Interview Question – Do you have any existing medical probelms--such as back or neck?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because pay was fixed due to labor contract.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler

I applied online and interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Interview was a big group being shown around, talked to as a group, then interviewed individually. I don't believe they do that any more.

Interview Question – None, it was easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable, union

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Package Delivery Driver

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – The interview process was a complete joke and waste of time. The job add was for a delivery driver but they were not hiring for that position. It was a complete lie and waste of anyones time.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions   Answer Question

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Part Time Supervisor
Jacksonville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – 3hr test, 2 interviews, 2 year training.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Ops Manager Interview

Ops Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Great follow up and very friendly group,

Interview Question – Calculate how you would solve this labor problem   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was much lower than what I was making

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Sharonville, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details – Not that difficult of an interview process. Be professional, courteous, and receptive to the hours and your chances are very well.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work as early as 4 a.m.?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details – its about a 3 week process

Interview Question – tell me about the time when you had a difficult client   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Greenville, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Interview Details – Several interviews and competency testing