UPS

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

The whole process took forever. I applied online and just when I thought I wasn't going to get a call, I got a call after about a month. I went in for a group interview, where they just explained what we would be doing. After the interview, they set up an orientation for those that still wanted to continue in the hiring process and met their availability. I went to the orientation, where they gave me a "behind the scene" look to what the position would require doing. However, even after that, they still took a long time to call me about the position. Apparently, HR was always busy. I finally got an offer for the position but unfortunately, it was too late. I was heading back to college and had to decline the offer.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied yesterday, got the facility tour tomorrow. Hoping the rest of the process continues this smoothly. This would be my first job and my first contact from anyone all summer regardless of the countless applications. I will update this after tomorrow to share my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Applied through the company website. Received a phone call within a week inviting me to an interview. The interviewer asked very standard interview questions mainly focusing on past experience. Upon excepting the offer I was asked to return for an informational session and to fill out paperwork in a group setting before beginning our training on site.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your biggest weakness?" This is a standard question, but is never an easy one to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

I applied online and it instantly gave me date and time for a tour. I went to the tour, which was being overseen by someone other than the usual person, who was on vacation. During the tour 11 of us watched the people work for a few minutes, then we were told about how important punctuality is and how great working for UPS would be (benefits, great pay, promotion opportunities). Since HR person was on vacation, we were all told to come back the next week.

The next week I came back, and 9 of us showed up for the interview. I came about 10 minutes early but was still the last person there -- I waited in line for an hour and a half, and by the time I got in to do my interview, it was obvious she was bored. While the first interviews took about 20 minutes each, the last five or so took less than half that. I was in there for about seven minutes. Questions were typical -- Why do I want to work at UPS, questions about my school/schedule, if I'm willing to get proper boots (they said boots were required -- but I didn't see anyone wearing boots working), description of what I'll be doing on the job and asking if I can do these things.

I was told I'll be getting a call in about a week after she interviews that week's applicants. At the writing of this review, it has been one week and they interviewed the applicants today. I have yet to receive a call, although I may get a call tomorrow or the day after.

On the positive side, before the interviews the interviewer was a pleasant lady, and all of the other employees seemed to have bright personalities. While waiting for the interview, I had a nice chat with a driver, and then a more nicely dressed man who I assume works in a higher up position in the facility.

On the negative side, this experience has left me feeling that UPS does not respect my time and exploits the fact that people need jobs. Scheduled interviews like those held in most other jobs would've been much preferred.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Unexpected: I was drilled concerning my workout routines, and she drilled in on every little detail (down to my pace starting a run and ending a run, how many sets I do in my workouts, type of workouts, weights used, if I alternate days, etc, and she wrote it all down).   Answer Question

Part Time Seasonal Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Easy enough, straight forward. 10 minute group interview, 10 minute private interview. Went to get DOT physical, waiting in a call back. Everyone was nice, can't wait to start working for them.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Fast interview. As long as you're physically fit and have reliable transportation, they'll hire you. Applied online, set an appointment for a tour, interview afterwards, and then the call.

Interview Questions
    • They basically asked me why I wanted to work there... not much to it.   Answer Question
    None.

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Thr0ugh the Snagajob website, I applied and was directed to the online application at UPS.com. I filled out background information, education and work experience. I answered some additional questions basic questions. Once I submitted the application I was contacted to come in for an interview and told to bring with me two forms of identification such as a drivers license and passport. When I arrived at the interview I was asked to read and complete as additional online application. After completing that, I was called in for a one on one interview. It was very basic and only lasted 10-15n minutes. I was asked a few questions about my work experience and why I wanted the job. I was provided information about the job and included an explanation of the basic job tasks. I was told once paper work was processed, I would be contacted to attend an orientation and training session.

Interview Questions
    straight forward. I was told exactly what I would be making and the basic terms of employment as a part time seasonal position.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

It was more like a group at the beginning. We all sat in the conference room and the manager introduce himself. After the manager discuss the process of how the job and union labor work he did a one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

It was a group interview (15 people) led first by the HR director and then the Union rep introduced himself and the EXACT DETAILS of the position. He was VERY direct. He basically told everybody what the job requirements were and if you agreed to it you MUST work for a full year without 1 missed day. If you decide to quit within that first year, he stated very openly to everbody the UPS policy, which is "You quit in the first year, you can NEVER EVER APPLY WITH UPS IN YOUR LIFETIME. Interesting to say the least....

Seasonal Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Scheduled a tour/interview after applying. Had individual interviews after the tour. Was asked to come back for a second interview. They only asked one question, "Why do you want to work at UPS?" It has been a month since the second interview. No call.

Interview Questions
    • None. Just went over application and asked why I want to work there. Easy stuff.   Answer Question