UPS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I went in for a interview/tour of facility. All part time package handler have to tour the facility to get a sense of the physicality of the job, I believe. The interview was brief with standard questions like where do you live, do you go to school, what shift are you applying for, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want the job? It's very physical and it's not for everyone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was fairly easy. Being prior military helped a bit. I took a tour of the facility before starting the interview, she asked about my education and military experience. She then said she will recommend me to work on the ramp because I'm tough from my military experience and dependable with opportunities to move up quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable $10.10 per hour.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Hire anyone that walks through the door despite their physical condition or if they are qualified for the job. Basic interview like you would get at most entry level jobs. Complete a bunch of questions on a computer as well. Not much to it really. Like I said, they hire ANYONE to fill numbers.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 75 pounds? Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Interview

I was attending a local college and they came to our campu. I applied right then and there. I received a call a week later and interviewed. Got the job right away. It was pretty easy just show confidence in your abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Edison, NJ).

Interview

It was simple, asked direct questions, talked about what the job would be like. Talked about career advancement within the company, and basic history of UPS. It was pretty much a simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of fitness   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UPS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Hired thru temp agency took typing test have to score over 30 words a min and accrcecy when listened to calls also you go in and have to listening to calls to see how you respond to different sernero

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Lenexa, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

You take a 60 minute group tour, a questionnaire, and then a 1:1 interview. My interviewer loved to talk about how she was ex-military and how "she knew physical labor" even though she'd been at a desk for at least a decade. Apparently landscaping, and I mean transporting plants by hand in summet westher landscaping, wasn't physical enough for her. She wouldn't shut up about how I was "too scared" to try out for swimming even though I made it clear I didn't have experience. I am a body builder, though not the pure muscle type. I guess I looked too "fat" for her and she had already made her mind, endlessly telling me how the job might be too stressful for "someone like me." Don't bother. The benefits are there to try and lessen the high turnover rate, and that rate is there for a reason.

Interview Questions

• What High School sports were you in?   1 Answer

Senior Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Brief. Technical and behavioral. People were friendly and to the point. They asked about my background and why I career changed into computer programming. Overall, it wasn't too bad of an experience. After accepting the offer, HR required all diplomas and certificates (including high school) so they could copy them and put in my file.

Air Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point and they did ask me some question as to my background and my experience in the airline industry. They wanted to know how did I like my last job and what did I think of the company management. Also what I was looking for in the future and would I consider a management position.

Interview Questions

• They ask what kind of person are you and do you work well with others and are you a team player?   1 Answer

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS in June 2015.

Interview

very quick and concise. they told me no lies. i was expecting a group interview. to my surprise they were very serious about hiring. i had read reviews that said it was a gimmick and they would give you the run around but no, they got right to business. the hardest part was the road test if you've never driven a box truck its a little nerve rattling. other that that its cool