UPS

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.0

Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The hiring "interview" is nothing more then a cattle call. They schedule as many people as possible at the same time to come interview, give a run down of the job to the group, then will meet each person individually for 30 seconds to a few minutes just to make sure you meet the qualifications (availability being the main one).. You must be available from 10am until 10pm M-F. You will only work part of that time, but it can be anytime between those hours. Other then that, you have to pass a background check, its quick, so I doubt its that thorough. I got a call back to let me know I had the job the very next day.

N/A

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I originally showed interest in the position before the positions were available. When one opened up i got an email telling me to complete my application which was very helpful! I immediately set up an interview which was held the following day. The interview was held one on one with an hr rep. He seemed as though it was his first time interviewing. I was called two days later for training and then started the following day. The whole process was so fast and easy I wish every interview process was like this!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset about the length of time it took for their package to get delivered?   Answer Question
    It's a seasonal position and the pay was well above what I thought it would be so I really had nothing to negotiate.

Seasonal Delivery Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

the initial interview is online kind of, then i met up with a group of 17 people for a 1 on 1 with HR, i was the last to interview. after that we (3) were called back for orientation 2 weeks later. i was mistakenly told 6:30am,and wasted 60 miles to return at 6:30pm, 60 more miles.

none

Holiday Delivery Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The Interview was set up on line. That was great. The interview was easy. The interview was relaxing. Nice Human Resources lady. I felt at ease during the whole process. Even if I dont get the job, I would interview there again. I have heard that UPS is a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • I was told I would have to shave my beard. No goatee or beards are allowed on drivers or holiday helpers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The first interview was a group of 14. After reviewing the dress code while still in the lobby, we were led to a hallway where we were sorted by where we live. The keepers were taken one by one to answer some very basic questions (when have you worked hard, when have you worked fast, are you a student now) and the ones who lived in the "wrong" cities left their name and email and were sent home.

No negotiation. Published pay per hour, published uniform provided, no benefits.

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in November 2014.

You go in for an initial interview and you may get hired that day. After that you go to orientation. I found the staff to be very unorganized and had to waste a lot of time waiting on them.

None

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

This was literally the easiest "interview" I've ever had. In fact I'm not so sure I would go so far as to call it one. The extent of the conversation with an HR rep was, "Can you work these days?", holding up a calendar showing December with with every weekday highlighted. "Yes, I can." "Okay, show up here next week at (can't remember the time) for orientation and we will get you started." That was it. No joke.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation involved. Take it or leave it.

Applied online.

You select a date on which you can attend an interview session. The process is pretty basic and simple. There is a group of applicants scheduled to interview on that date, at that time. All of the applicants are shepherded into a makeshift "waiting room" (at the particular office where I interviewed, the room was a general conference room). A group of UPS HR personnel (in my case, it was either 3 or 4 HR people) interview the applicants one-by-one while the rest wait in the room.

The interview was very straightforward. The interviewer asked a couple of questions about my resume (probably because I was over-qualified for the position), then described the job responsibilities, likely average hours per week, and finally asked if I had any concerns, issues with job requirements, etc. They make copies of your two forms of ID and conduct a standard background check. Finally, assuming you're ok with everything, they schedule you for an orientation session (mine was the next morning at 7 am) and have you fill out some online forms prior to your orientation session (you must do this before your orientation session; if you're unable to do so, you need to reschedule your orientation for a later date).

The orientation session -- for which you're paid at whatever hourly rate you were hired -- consists of a short PowerPoint presentation that cover the basics of the job (e.g., where to leave packages, when signatures are necessary, etc.), and a handful of short (2-5 min.) videos that cover safety (proper way to get on/off truck, lift & lower heavy packages, etc.). Again, very basic.

At the completion of the 70-90 minute orientation session, you're available to be called as a driver helper.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions, all of which pertained to job requirements, work environment, etc.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable in terms of salary. They have an established hourly rate and that is what you'll be paid if you accept the job. Based on other reviews here on Glassdoor.com, the pay rate appears to vary by region / location, presumably based on the cost of living.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attalla, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attalla, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

Sounds like a good place to work i will be glad to give this job a try and i love jobs like that working with good people's i love positive people like my self yes i would love to try for a job for this position

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

extensive and harsh to no avail. managers approach the interview with an interrogation point of view versus getting to know the person and asking more important questions such as "where did you previously work and why did you leave" as opposed to "what makes you think you can work " or "why would you think that we would hire someone like you, do you really think that you could do this job" very tactless in the entire interview process