UPS Interview Questions in Kentucky

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.0

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY).

Interview

The hiring process took a couple of weeks. I applied through their career portal.
    Total 2 rounds : telephonic
    First round was technical , basics from the technologies mentioned in the job requirement
    Second consisted of behavioural questions, like strength, weakness, most proudest moment, how would you handle if you did not like your team mates design?

Interview Questions

• nothing really tough, all expected. Be thorough with basics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Interview

Applied through the company website. Received a phone call within a week inviting me to an interview. The interviewer asked very standard interview questions mainly focusing on past experience. Upon excepting the offer I was asked to return for an informational session and to fill out paperwork in a group setting before beginning our training on site.

Interview Questions

• "What is your biggest weakness?" This is a standard question, but is never an easy one to answer.   Answer Question

Part-time Ramp Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY).

Interview

The interview is just a formality. UPS will hire just about anyone for part-time work. The minimal amount of effort will get you a job offer. The 30 day work period before you join the union is when they cut people who aren't up to their standards. Drug test and background check might be required.

Software Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

(Senior in Computer Science) I applied on the company's web site and got a call from the recruiter the very next morning, she set up a phone interview for the next day, The phone interview was with 2 team leads, went very well, mostly asking about my experiences and going off my resume. After a short phone interview they asked me to come down for an in person interview next week. The in person interview went very well, it was a strong extension of the phone interview asking detailed questions of previous work and experiences. I was as technical as I could be in the answers so I could answer any lingering technical questions without being blindsided by random ones I probably wouldn't know. In all I felt they liked my experience and I presented myself well so I went home hopeful for an offer. I was blessed to get an offer the next day, I accepted.

-I feel the difference maker was my fit, I was working with most of the technologies they were using, also I came in enthusiastic and confident about my ability, that interview felt like the best technical conversation ever. And don't ask dead questions off a list, have authentic questions that flow, and ask a lot that tells them you are not afraid to learn.

Interview Questions

• None, They based every question off of my experiences and resume, Since my resume and experience is pretty solid, especially for a student, I figured they liked it and just wanted to validate that it's really me. They real questions were personality and habit questions.

-What blogs do you read?
      -How would you complete a task that you don't know how to do?
      -what databases do I work with?

1 Answer

Negotiation

None, they have rates that are based off of credit hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward people were friendly enough

Interview Questions

• none. As long as your physically able you will get a job   1 Answer

Negotiation

None it was straight up

Preload Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UPS (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

You have to work initial in the building as a package handler. Upon being hired you are to go to the human resources department and inform them of the decision to persue management opportunities. If you are selected you will begin the MAPP process. First is entering in your information. Then you will be reviewed by your full time operations supervisor who will then select you to take the aptitude test. This test focuses on see the consistency of your answers/decisions. There are no right answers, just a right way to take the test to be favorable to what UPS is looking for in a supervisor. After passing the aptitude test you are then just waiting for a position to free up. The first position that frees up, you will then be promoted to supervisor. UPS looks for very loud assertive management employees. There have been quiet supervisors become promoted but they are usually looked down upon as lesser or weak and unfit for management. If you are quiet you will have to be manipulative, and effective in the communication you do conduct.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are difficult or unexpected. Just go with the right choice and be consistent. Do not be undecided or favoring different answers in different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me there was no negotiating the salary.

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

Scheduled mass interview, fingerprinted national background check, phone interview, then orientation.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in August 2012.

Interview

why do you wanna work here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed, yet professional. After the interview they took fingerprints for a background check and then I had to go to a labcorp location to give a urine sample for a drug test. Just keep in mind, if you are applying at Worldport, it is an airport and security is not taken lightly. If you have a criminal background, don't waste your time.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

Job functions were communicated efficiently. Nice HR rep.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never ask what is the pay for your first answer.