UPS

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.0

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Applied through the company website. Received a phone call within a week inviting me to an interview. The interviewer asked very standard interview questions mainly focusing on past experience. Upon excepting the offer I was asked to return for an informational session and to fill out paperwork in a group setting before beginning our training on site.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your biggest weakness?" This is a standard question, but is never an easy one to answer.   Answer Question

Part-time Ramp Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

The interview is just a formality. UPS will hire just about anyone for part-time work. The minimal amount of effort will get you a job offer. The 30 day work period before you join the union is when they cut people who aren't up to their standards. Drug test and background check might be required.

Software Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2013.

(Senior in Computer Science) I applied on the company's web site and got a call from the recruiter the very next morning, she set up a phone interview for the next day, The phone interview was with 2 team leads, went very well, mostly asking about my experiences and going off my resume. After a short phone interview they asked me to come down for an in person interview next week. The in person interview went very well, it was a strong extension of the phone interview asking detailed questions of previous work and experiences. I was as technical as I could be in the answers so I could answer any lingering technical questions without being blindsided by random ones I probably wouldn't know. In all I felt they liked my experience and I presented myself well so I went home hopeful for an offer. I was blessed to get an offer the next day, I accepted.

-I feel the difference maker was my fit, I was working with most of the technologies they were using, also I came in enthusiastic and confident about my ability, that interview felt like the best technical conversation ever. And don't ask dead questions off a list, have authentic questions that flow, and ask a lot that tells them you are not afraid to learn.

Interview Questions
    • None, They based every question off of my experiences and resume, Since my resume and experience is pretty solid, especially for a student, I figured they liked it and just wanted to validate that it's really me. They real questions were personality and habit questions.

-What blogs do you read?
      -How would you complete a task that you don't know how to do?
      -what databases do I work with?
        View Answer
    None, they have rates that are based off of credit hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in April 2013.

Pretty straight forward people were friendly enough

Interview Questions
    • none. As long as your physically able you will get a job   View Answer
    None it was straight up

Preload Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UPS in April 2013.

You have to work initial in the building as a package handler. Upon being hired you are to go to the human resources department and inform them of the decision to persue management opportunities. If you are selected you will begin the MAPP process. First is entering in your information. Then you will be reviewed by your full time operations supervisor who will then select you to take the aptitude test. This test focuses on see the consistency of your answers/decisions. There are no right answers, just a right way to take the test to be favorable to what UPS is looking for in a supervisor. After passing the aptitude test you are then just waiting for a position to free up. The first position that frees up, you will then be promoted to supervisor. UPS looks for very loud assertive management employees. There have been quiet supervisors become promoted but they are usually looked down upon as lesser or weak and unfit for management. If you are quiet you will have to be manipulative, and effective in the communication you do conduct.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult or unexpected. Just go with the right choice and be consistent. Do not be undecided or favoring different answers in different situations.   Answer Question
    They told me there was no negotiating the salary.

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in January 2013.

Scheduled mass interview, fingerprinted national background check, phone interview, then orientation.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in August 2012.

why do you wanna work here.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in April 2011.

Job functions were communicated efficiently. Nice HR rep.

Interview Questions
    Never ask what is the pay for your first answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in April 2011.

I had a Little Help getting the interview with a person that worked at the company for 30 years. But once I talked to him I got the interview scheduled online, then showed up dressed in Sunday church attire and was asked a series of questions(bellow). Then was told to wait for background check to go through and I would here back soon. I got an email a little later asking me to fill out additional forms. Then (KEY IMPORTANCE!) I called the number that was on the bottom of the email and talked to a Representative, she basically told me that There was a waiting list for the hub, but the air ramp had some openings, I accepted and she told me the orientation date.

As far as the interview process goes Be honest and be respectful and completely forward and believe it or not a Strong handshake gives a big impression. So bottom line Dress nice, be confident, be yourself.

Unloder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in March 2011.

Very easy 1 walthrough with interview then was called back for 2nd interview