UPS

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

I was originally contacted by an HR recruiter via email and was subsequently scheduled to have an interview at UPS's IT headquarters in NJ. I interviewed with a young HR woman for 15 minutes and then I interviewed with 2 young men within the department. They were clearly the ones making the decision for who was hired for the position, even though they were not the top of the department. Overall, it was a slightly-harder-than-average interview.

I made it through to the next (and final) round. I assumed, at this point, that the first 2 interviewers had already made their decision as to who would be hired, as I was completely thrown under the bus for the second interview. They brought me in for a second "test" interview, just to see if the higher-ups in the department agreed with the first interviewer's decision, it seems. Neither of my interviewers even knew they were interviewing me that day, and there was a general disinterest in meeting with me that was shockingly unprofessional. My first interviewer didn't even know exactly what the IT Financial Analyst position entailed and she told me upfront. The second interviewer was consistently checking his phone about 15 minutes into the interviewer as he was being contacted for a meeting. He left after assuring me he was "proud of my accomplishments"... I was disenchanted with the whole process and their interviewing skills.

Interview Questions
    • Rate yourself on a scale of one to ten for your Excel and Access skills.
      What is your full understanding of all the of factors (i.e. Net Present value, internal rate of return, discount rate, etc.) that UPS's IT financial analysis department might consider in analyzing an IT project or outsourcing a project?

Answer Question

Sharepoint Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

when your application got selected they will call to set up an interview with basic questions.The phone interview will be done panel members and it may be 1-2 hrs.

Applications Integration Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in March 2013.

3 interviews

1 HR: general HR questions about ethics and approaches.
    1 Tech discussion : Coding skills , basic OOP questions and career interests in technology
    1 technical interview : Tested on coding skills , web development , design patterns , node.js

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in May 2010.

They have asked general questions

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in March 2008.

3 level interview; HR preliminary, technical manager interview and finally mid-management interview. May require additional interviews with department subject matter experts.

Interview Questions
    open ended with vacation and other benefits on the table for negotiations.