UPS Interview Questions & Reviews in Minneapolis, MN

1.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

UPS Preload Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Had a sit down interview one on one. Asked about my work history nothing out of the ordinary. I was already working another full time job, which they wanted to make sure I had time and their schedule would work with mine.

Interview Questions
    • They were concerned about your availability and ensuring that you will be there. After working there I realized why as they have a high turnover rate.   Answer Question
    Your in a union so there is no negotiating.

Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in October 2009.

Signed in with security, then waited in their break room. 15 mins later I met the HR rep along with 2 other interviewees. HR rep took us on a tour of the warehouse and gave details of the different positions there. Came back to the HR office and asked if we had any questions. She offered the job to all 3 of us. Then began to fill out all the necessary paperwork for becoming a worker there.

Interview Questions
    • We are offering you a job here, do you accept it?   View Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

I applied on the UPS website. After I applied the site scheduled me for a tour of the facility in a week at 11:15pm. I arrived at the facility a week later and there were about 20 people there as well. HR lady then gave us a small PowerPoint presentation telling you about the job, but mostly trying to scare people away half of the time. They have a high turnover rate, so they try to discourage people from pursuing this job so they won't hire anybody that will quit a week after they start.

After the "this job sucks" presentation, they give you a 25min tour of the facility. They show you were you'll work at and go into some of the trailers to let you see employees working. They work hard, all of them were sweating and moving fast! After the tour they bring you back into the HR room to schedule a interview. I signed up for the next day at 11:30pm.

I came in at 11:20pm and waited about 30min to get interviewed. The lady that interviewed me basically read a script off the computer. Some of the questions were:

Why do you want to work here?

Have you had any experience in a job like this before?

Are you planning on going to school?

What did you do at your last job?

(I have a recent period of unemployment)
    What did you do in this period of unemployment?

Why do you want to work the midnight shift?

Have you worked a midnight shift before?

How long do you plan on working at UPS?
    (I said about 2 years or something)

Why 2 years, why that time frame?

And about 3 other simple questions I can't remember.

Interview took about 6min and then at the end the lady told me they are still considering people for this position and will call me in 2 weeks to let me know. They never called.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with this kind of work?   View Answer

Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2008.

I applied online. Then I was set-up for a group interview where they told us the pros and cons of working for UPS. From those who still wanted to work for UPS they were set-up with a 1:1 interview. After the 1:1 interview I was offered the job and accepted.

None

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!