UPS Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.2

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Shouldn't even be considered an interview but more like just processing you for the job. you could just dress casually. don't worry about clothing. went in and waited for a while then the entire group went around the facility for a tour. came back to the little room we wait in for a 1 on 1 but its not even an interview then we have to come back next week to finalize things and now your hired.

Mondays started too early for me 5:00PM

Applications Development Associate Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Applied through my school Career Services. Received a initial phone call interview, two weeks later received a call to set up an face to face interview the following week with HR, and three IT supervisors, managers. Then four days later after the first face to face interview, had final interview with the hiring manager (director) of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, prior work experiences, and skills listed on the Resume   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Got an interview by sending my resume to a current IT Manager, who is the Father of a close friend of mine. Had a very general preliminary phone interview with HR and eventually got called in for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Absolutely no technical questions and nothing unexpected. Interviewer simply wanted to know more about me (i.e. College, major, past work experience, etc.). Again, very general and straightforward - was very comfortable and did not even feel like an interview. 1:1 Interview only lasted about 5 minutes.   View Answer

Sharepoint Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

when your application got selected they will call to set up an interview with basic questions.The phone interview will be done panel members and it may be 1-2 hrs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingville, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Applied online, got called about a week later, went in for tour of facility (wear jeans and a polo with work boots), a few days later went in for an interview. waited outside HR office with all other applicants who got the interview (was probably 10-15 people total), went in and was asked some easy questions (are you a hard worker? you know this is hard work? what are you doing with yourself-school, other work, etc? Why do you want this job? what do you expect out of this job?)

Unable to negotiate.

Helper Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UPS in December 2013.

The interview process was pretty straightforward, but the hiring process was time consuming.

Interview Questions
    • Am I able to manage difficult personalities?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation as this is a contract position.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2013.

The hiring process was quite simple a few questions with the interviewer asking for credentials and to see if I was legally allowed to work in the U.S. Other then that on the same day they made us watch a safety video.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for our company in particular?   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2013.

Had just one technical interview. Took almost an hour. Asked questions on database, project design and J2EE concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

As long as u don't have a felony, you will get hired

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. All you need is ID and your ss card   Answer Question