UPS Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.3

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Disorganized dog-and-pony show; two-day process for me to discover it is a come-on. I applied online on a Thursday. The system gave me an appointment immediately for the following Monday at 2pm. I was one of about 25 candidates. The HR rep gave us a rundown of the job, pay, benefits, etc. Those of us still interested were told to come back for interviews the next day. We did, all for the same time, and were told the rep would be an hour late. "How do you interview everyone at once?" you might ask. You don't. So the process took HOURS. It is much like going for a civil service job--you wait, and wait, and wait, and get jerked around.

I came to find out UPS is not really serious about hiring anybody. You need 40 working days to get on the job or they let you go (you may be scheduled and show up only to find out they don't need you and be sent home). A lot of guys are let go after 39 days. They don't make the union, they don't get on the job. UPS just uses them as non-union, temporary help while making them think they're getting a job out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? (This is really the only question.)   1 Answer

Applications Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Position was for OOP programmer with SQL knowledge. It was two parts - HR phone interview conducted twice and on the site interview conducted by team leader/members. During on site interview they asked regular interview questions (your strength, weakness etc.), and also many definition and one puzzle question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Arrive on time and wait for the other people that is getting interview. When the person call our names we follow then from there she told use what the pay is which is $11.00 in NY and orientation pay was $10. Than the interview was average what the last jobs you did and why you want to work for ups. After that you wait for the background test to clear then you get a date to report for a 4 day training course which well quiz you and give you hands on training to see if you can do more than just loading packages. Like loader which load the trailer and unloaded which unload the trailer. After all that it depends if you know the safety rules of ups to pass the quiz to see if you are good to work in a fast pace environment if you did not pass the first quiz then try again no pressure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you need money and can work from 4am-8am and have the rest of the day for yourself than go for it. If you do not want the jobs than it may depend on luck to land a job in this economy.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Were informed about the hours, the shift time, and the responsibilities the position entails. The person in charge of the orientation/interview was honest about the duties of the employees and made every effort to weed out disinterested candidates. As a group we were also shown the area of the facility in which we'd be working if hired there.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for UPS?
      Q: Do you have reliable transportation to the work site?

1 Answer

UPS Sorter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

they ask you if you got experience is sorting packages or unloading, they take like to hours for the first interview, while you wait but the actual interview last like 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• are you able to lift 50 pounds   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview. First there was a tour of the facility with the rest of the applicants and then a one on one interview. He asked very basic questions and he also discuss if I was ok with the salary that I will receive. He said it is hard work and wanted to make sure that I was willing to work hard. This is the easiest interview that I have ever had.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application and as soon as I finished I was asked to set an appointment time for and interview the next day. I got to the interview and it was sort of like a group interview. We sat in this room for like 2 hours waiting to be interviewed. Then the hr FINALLY came and pulled us out by groups of ten. One by one we went inside the interview room and she asked for our email and do we have a record. If your responses were right she told you orientation is the next day and wear boots to the orientation and you have some extra paper work to fill out once you get home. Basically you got the job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just why do you want to work for UPS? As long as you have a clean background your hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's seasonal so it's $8 per hour and overtime is $12 but if they decide to keep you pass the season position then you get $16 per hour.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Edison, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview. They get right into it and tell you what youll be doing, pay, etc. after the interview they tell you to go to an orientation class for two hours on the next day. Be prepared to go out and work after orientation. The job is very easy if your not lazy. my only complaint is that some days your driver will only need you for 3 hrs because there arent that many packages. 30 bucks in a day is way too minimal in my opinion. I even put myself out there and asked if i could link up with another driver and get more hours. Just dont go in with too much expectation like i did. After all it is only seasonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

It's a group tour. They take you around the warehouse and show you the hell hole you'll be working in. After the tour they take you in for a 1 on 1 interview which is very quick and easy. The interview and hiring process went very well and the job seemed promising. Once the orientation started I knew this wasn't for me. There was basically no training; They just throw you into the fire. This is basically like working in a sweat shop. Low pay for extremely hard work. I would highly recommend not wasting your time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me I would be making $10 an hour. Seemed okay, but once you start the work you realize you should be making twice that amount.

IT Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Mahwah, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I was originally contacted by an HR recruiter via email and was subsequently scheduled to have an interview at UPS's IT headquarters in NJ. I interviewed with a young HR woman for 15 minutes and then I interviewed with 2 young men within the department. They were clearly the ones making the decision for who was hired for the position, even though they were not the top of the department. Overall, it was a slightly-harder-than-average interview.

I made it through to the next (and final) round. I assumed, at this point, that the first 2 interviewers had already made their decision as to who would be hired, as I was completely thrown under the bus for the second interview. They brought me in for a second "test" interview, just to see if the higher-ups in the department agreed with the first interviewer's decision, it seems. Neither of my interviewers even knew they were interviewing me that day, and there was a general disinterest in meeting with me that was shockingly unprofessional. My first interviewer didn't even know exactly what the IT Financial Analyst position entailed and she told me upfront. The second interviewer was consistently checking his phone about 15 minutes into the interviewer as he was being contacted for a meeting. He left after assuring me he was "proud of my accomplishments"... I was disenchanted with the whole process and their interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale of one to ten for your Excel and Access skills.
      What is your full understanding of all the of factors (i.e. Net Present value, internal rate of return, discount rate, etc.) that UPS's IT financial analysis department might consider in analyzing an IT project or outsourcing a project?

Answer Question