UPS

Very Easy Interview

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an interview by sending my resume to a current IT Manager, who is the Father of a close friend of mine. Had a very general preliminary phone interview with HR and eventually got called in for an onsite interview.

Interview Question – Absolutely no technical questions and nothing unexpected. Interviewer simply wanted to know more about me (i.e. College, major, past work experience, etc.). Again, very general and straightforward - was very comfortable and did not even feel like an interview. 1:1 Interview only lasted about 5 minutes.   View Answer

Applications Development Associate Entry Level Interview

Applications Development Associate Entry Level
Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school Career Services. Received a initial phone call interview, two weeks later received a call to set up an face to face interview the following week with HR, and three IT supervisors, managers. Then four days later after the first face to face interview, had final interview with the hiring manager (director) of the department.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, prior work experiences, and skills listed on the Resume   Answer Question

Data Systems Analyst/Co-Op Interview

Data Systems Analyst/Co-Op
Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online from Monster. They called me within 3 days. I had phone interview with HR first. Then an interview within the week with the hiring manager. No formal offer. They called next day with an offer.

Interview Question – Not many technical questions other than types of experience regarding system environments and networking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but the pay was not bad.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scanner/Sorter Interview

Scanner/Sorter
Edgewood, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Received a short talk with the supervisor before starting. Pointed out the basics of the job including the pay, the activity and the schedule.

Interview Question – What is the expected hourly pay?   View Answer

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Part Time Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in May 2010.

Interview Details – the hiring was very straight forward

Interview Question – why do you want to work for UPS   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Driver
Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quite simple a few questions with the interviewer asking for credentials and to see if I was legally allowed to work in the U.S. Other then that on the same day they made us watch a safety video.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company in particular?   View Answer

Applications Integration Intern Interview

Applications Integration Intern
Mahwah, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in March 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

1 HR: general HR questions about ethics and approaches.
1 Tech discussion : Coding skills , basic OOP questions and career interests in technology
1 technical interview : Tested on coding skills , web development , design patterns , node.js

Interview Question – node.js   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Farmingville, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called about a week later, went in for tour of facility (wear jeans and a polo with work boots), a few days later went in for an interview. waited outside HR office with all other applicants who got the interview (was probably 10-15 people total), went in and was asked some easy questions (are you a hard worker? you know this is hard work? what are you doing with yourself-school, other work, etc? Why do you want this job? what do you expect out of this job?)

Interview Question – What do you plan on doing at UPS?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate.

Helper Coordinator Interview

Helper Coordinator
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward, but the hiring process was time consuming.

Interview Question – Am I able to manage difficult personalities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as this is a contract position.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Secaucus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

Interview Details – Once you fill out the application, you get your interview date at the end. It's a group interview in the beginning, but it's not nerve-wracking. They show you a video, make copies of your ID and SS card, let you know beforehand what the pay is, give you a tour of the facility, interview you personally for about 5-10mins and let you know they'll call if you pass the background check.

From application to hire, I'd say it was 2wks

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember being stumped by any question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR person called and told me I'd passed the background check. She ten asked if I was still interested and told me the start date once confirmed.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!

UPS Videos

UPS – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better, from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UPS interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by UPS employees and interview candidates.