UPS Interview Questions in New York City, NY

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

Sharepoint Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

when your application got selected they will call to set up an interview with basic questions.The phone interview will be done panel members and it may be 1-2 hrs.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Got an interview by sending my resume to a current IT Manager, who is the Father of a close friend of mine. Had a very general preliminary phone interview with HR and eventually got called in for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Absolutely no technical questions and nothing unexpected. Interviewer simply wanted to know more about me (i.e. College, major, past work experience, etc.). Again, very general and straightforward - was very comfortable and did not even feel like an interview. 1:1 Interview only lasted about 5 minutes.   View Answer

Applications Development Associate Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Applied through my school Career Services. Received a initial phone call interview, two weeks later received a call to set up an face to face interview the following week with HR, and three IT supervisors, managers. Then four days later after the first face to face interview, had final interview with the hiring manager (director) of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, prior work experiences, and skills listed on the Resume   Answer Question

Data Systems Analyst/Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in August 2013.

I applied online from Monster. They called me within 3 days. I had phone interview with HR first. Then an interview within the week with the hiring manager. No formal offer. They called next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not many technical questions other than types of experience regarding system environments and networking.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but the pay was not bad.

Scanner/Sorter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edgewood, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in April 2013.

Received a short talk with the supervisor before starting. Pointed out the basics of the job including the pay, the activity and the schedule.

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in May 2010.

the hiring was very straight forward

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

The hiring process was quite simple a few questions with the interviewer asking for credentials and to see if I was legally allowed to work in the U.S. Other then that on the same day they made us watch a safety video.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for our company in particular?   View Answer

Applications Integration Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in March 2013.

3 interviews

1 HR: general HR questions about ethics and approaches.
    1 Tech discussion : Coding skills , basic OOP questions and career interests in technology
    1 technical interview : Tested on coding skills , web development , design patterns , node.js

Helper Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UPS in December 2013.

The interview process was pretty straightforward, but the hiring process was time consuming.

Interview Questions
    • Am I able to manage difficult personalities?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation as this is a contract position.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!