UPS

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I filled out the application and as soon as I finished I was asked to set an appointment time for and interview the next day. I got to the interview and it was sort of like a group interview. We sat in this room for like 2 hours waiting to be interviewed. Then the hr FINALLY came and pulled us out by groups of ten. One by one we went inside the interview room and she asked for our email and do we have a record. If your responses were right she told you orientation is the next day and wear boots to the orientation and you have some extra paper work to fill out once you get home. Basically you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just why do you want to work for UPS? As long as you have a clean background your hired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's seasonal so it's $8 per hour and overtime is $12 but if they decide to keep you pass the season position then you get $16 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

It's a group tour. They take you around the warehouse and show you the hell hole you'll be working in. After the tour they take you in for a 1 on 1 interview which is very quick and easy. The interview and hiring process went very well and the job seemed promising. Once the orientation started I knew this wasn't for me. There was basically no training; They just throw you into the fire. This is basically like working in a sweat shop. Low pay for extremely hard work. I would highly recommend not wasting your time.

Interview Questions
    They told me I would be making $10 an hour. Seemed okay, but once you start the work you realize you should be making twice that amount.

IT Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

I was originally contacted by an HR recruiter via email and was subsequently scheduled to have an interview at UPS's IT headquarters in NJ. I interviewed with a young HR woman for 15 minutes and then I interviewed with 2 young men within the department. They were clearly the ones making the decision for who was hired for the position, even though they were not the top of the department. Overall, it was a slightly-harder-than-average interview.

I made it through to the next (and final) round. I assumed, at this point, that the first 2 interviewers had already made their decision as to who would be hired, as I was completely thrown under the bus for the second interview. They brought me in for a second "test" interview, just to see if the higher-ups in the department agreed with the first interviewer's decision, it seems. Neither of my interviewers even knew they were interviewing me that day, and there was a general disinterest in meeting with me that was shockingly unprofessional. My first interviewer didn't even know exactly what the IT Financial Analyst position entailed and she told me upfront. The second interviewer was consistently checking his phone about 15 minutes into the interviewer as he was being contacted for a meeting. He left after assuring me he was "proud of my accomplishments"... I was disenchanted with the whole process and their interviewing skills.

Interview Questions
    • Rate yourself on a scale of one to ten for your Excel and Access skills.
      What is your full understanding of all the of factors (i.e. Net Present value, internal rate of return, discount rate, etc.) that UPS's IT financial analysis department might consider in analyzing an IT project or outsourcing a project?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Shouldn't even be considered an interview but more like just processing you for the job. you could just dress casually. don't worry about clothing. went in and waited for a while then the entire group went around the facility for a tour. came back to the little room we wait in for a 1 on 1 but its not even an interview then we have to come back next week to finalize things and now your hired.

Mondays started too early for me 5:00PM

Applications Development Associate Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Applied through my school Career Services. Received a initial phone call interview, two weeks later received a call to set up an face to face interview the following week with HR, and three IT supervisors, managers. Then four days later after the first face to face interview, had final interview with the hiring manager (director) of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, prior work experiences, and skills listed on the Resume   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Got an interview by sending my resume to a current IT Manager, who is the Father of a close friend of mine. Had a very general preliminary phone interview with HR and eventually got called in for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Absolutely no technical questions and nothing unexpected. Interviewer simply wanted to know more about me (i.e. College, major, past work experience, etc.). Again, very general and straightforward - was very comfortable and did not even feel like an interview. 1:1 Interview only lasted about 5 minutes.   View Answer

Sharepoint Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

when your application got selected they will call to set up an interview with basic questions.The phone interview will be done panel members and it may be 1-2 hrs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingville, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in December 2013.

Applied online, got called about a week later, went in for tour of facility (wear jeans and a polo with work boots), a few days later went in for an interview. waited outside HR office with all other applicants who got the interview (was probably 10-15 people total), went in and was asked some easy questions (are you a hard worker? you know this is hard work? what are you doing with yourself-school, other work, etc? Why do you want this job? what do you expect out of this job?)

Unable to negotiate.

Helper Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UPS in December 2013.

The interview process was pretty straightforward, but the hiring process was time consuming.

Interview Questions
    • Am I able to manage difficult personalities?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation as this is a contract position.