UPS Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in March 2015.

Arrive on time and wait for the other people that is getting interview. When the person call our names we follow then from there she told use what the pay is which is $11.00 in NY and orientation pay was $10. Than the interview was average what the last jobs you did and why you want to work for ups. After that you wait for the background test to clear then you get a date to report for a 4 day training course which well quiz you and give you hands on training to see if you can do more than just loading packages. Like loader which load the trailer and unloaded which unload the trailer. After all that it depends if you know the safety rules of ups to pass the quiz to see if you are good to work in a fast pace environment if you did not pass the first quiz then try again no pressure.

Interview Questions
    If you need money and can work from 4am-8am and have the rest of the day for yourself than go for it. If you do not want the jobs than it may depend on luck to land a job in this economy.

Applications Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in March 2015.

Position was for OOP programmer with SQL knowledge. It was two parts - HR phone interview conducted twice and on the site interview conducted by team leader/members. During on site interview they asked regular interview questions (your strength, weakness etc.), and also many definition and one puzzle question.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in February 2015.

It was an easy interview. First there was a tour of the facility with the rest of the applicants and then a one on one interview. He asked very basic questions and he also discuss if I was ok with the salary that I will receive. He said it is hard work and wanted to make sure that I was willing to work hard. This is the easiest interview that I have ever had.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in February 2015.

Were informed about the hours, the shift time, and the responsibilities the position entails. The person in charge of the orientation/interview was honest about the duties of the employees and made every effort to weed out disinterested candidates. As a group we were also shown the area of the facility in which we'd be working if hired there.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Why do you want to work for UPS?
      Q: Do you have reliable transportation to the work site?

View Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I filled out the application and as soon as I finished I was asked to set an appointment time for and interview the next day. I got to the interview and it was sort of like a group interview. We sat in this room for like 2 hours waiting to be interviewed. Then the hr FINALLY came and pulled us out by groups of ten. One by one we went inside the interview room and she asked for our email and do we have a record. If your responses were right she told you orientation is the next day and wear boots to the orientation and you have some extra paper work to fill out once you get home. Basically you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just why do you want to work for UPS? As long as you have a clean background your hired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's seasonal so it's $8 per hour and overtime is $12 but if they decide to keep you pass the season position then you get $16 per hour.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Very easy interview. They get right into it and tell you what youll be doing, pay, etc. after the interview they tell you to go to an orientation class for two hours on the next day. Be prepared to go out and work after orientation. The job is very easy if your not lazy. my only complaint is that some days your driver will only need you for 3 hrs because there arent that many packages. 30 bucks in a day is way too minimal in my opinion. I even put myself out there and asked if i could link up with another driver and get more hours. Just dont go in with too much expectation like i did. After all it is only seasonal.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

It's a group tour. They take you around the warehouse and show you the hell hole you'll be working in. After the tour they take you in for a 1 on 1 interview which is very quick and easy. The interview and hiring process went very well and the job seemed promising. Once the orientation started I knew this wasn't for me. There was basically no training; They just throw you into the fire. This is basically like working in a sweat shop. Low pay for extremely hard work. I would highly recommend not wasting your time.

Interview Questions
    They told me I would be making $10 an hour. Seemed okay, but once you start the work you realize you should be making twice that amount.

IT Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

I was originally contacted by an HR recruiter via email and was subsequently scheduled to have an interview at UPS's IT headquarters in NJ. I interviewed with a young HR woman for 15 minutes and then I interviewed with 2 young men within the department. They were clearly the ones making the decision for who was hired for the position, even though they were not the top of the department. Overall, it was a slightly-harder-than-average interview.

I made it through to the next (and final) round. I assumed, at this point, that the first 2 interviewers had already made their decision as to who would be hired, as I was completely thrown under the bus for the second interview. They brought me in for a second "test" interview, just to see if the higher-ups in the department agreed with the first interviewer's decision, it seems. Neither of my interviewers even knew they were interviewing me that day, and there was a general disinterest in meeting with me that was shockingly unprofessional. My first interviewer didn't even know exactly what the IT Financial Analyst position entailed and she told me upfront. The second interviewer was consistently checking his phone about 15 minutes into the interviewer as he was being contacted for a meeting. He left after assuring me he was "proud of my accomplishments"... I was disenchanted with the whole process and their interviewing skills.

Interview Questions
    • Rate yourself on a scale of one to ten for your Excel and Access skills.
      What is your full understanding of all the of factors (i.e. Net Present value, internal rate of return, discount rate, etc.) that UPS's IT financial analysis department might consider in analyzing an IT project or outsourcing a project?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Shouldn't even be considered an interview but more like just processing you for the job. you could just dress casually. don't worry about clothing. went in and waited for a while then the entire group went around the facility for a tour. came back to the little room we wait in for a 1 on 1 but its not even an interview then we have to come back next week to finalize things and now your hired.

Mondays started too early for me 5:00PM