UPS Package Handler Interview Questions

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in April 2011.

Took four days but was very educational.they go over all the rules and regulations , they tour the work plant and make bages for entering into the building it is truly an exspierince.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Applied Online. Received a call to come in for a tour of the facility. I arrived 10-15 minutes before the tour and one of the employees showed me and another guy around, and explained the position. It seemed as if they were trying to scare us with the amount of work/lifting required. I was told I would be called within the next two weeks for an interview.

The following week I was called in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview time and there were four other men there for interviews. Some interviews took longer than others. When I went in, the interviewer told me she's looking at my address and a different location is closer to my house. I explained that I applied to the other position, but had not heard anything from them. She essentially told me they have a lot of applicants and I need to wait. She did not ask me any interview questions, she based her decision solely on my address. The other location is actually 5-7 minutes shorter of a commute, so I didn't understand the big deal. Furthermore, they had my address before I came in for both the tour and the interview, so they could have made that decision without me being present.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in September 2010.

Early morning meeting included a tour of the facility and the rigors of the job ahead. You should not disqualify yourself during this process by saying anything questionable about your sleep patterns.

Interview Questions
    • You'll be asked how this late night lifestyle will work for you. You should think about that first.   View Answers (2)
    You agree to the standard union offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2009.

I interviewed for a part-time package handler position. Before the interview there was an information session and we were led as a group around the shipping facility to see what the job is like. The supervisor emphasized the potential danger for on the job injury, extreme temperature conditions, and having the ability to handle packages of up to 120 lbs, as well as the requirement that one be able to handle 600 packages per hour.

My interview question was simply: tell me about yourself.

I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!